5 Little Known Facts About You

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: 5 Little Known Facts About You

Post by begonia9508 »

5 little things about me?
- I am half italian (mother)- half swiss
- through my venturesome life, I learned to love foreign languages so english,
italian, german and french have given my life a great advantage for working,
travelling, reading and talking to people!
- the food I like the most is chocolate - the best friend when feeling down!
- I love to cook: my favorites are indian, italian, moroccan and vegetarian
as well: thanks internet, it's a blessing for cooking recipes!
- My last hobby are green plants, for my flat or balcony and I can't get enough
of them!!

EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
kismet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kismet »

I speak 3 languages and a half of 2 languages :lol:
I wouldn't be helples when my car broke down
I like to cook a LOT
I spend too much time on Internet when at work :lol:
I love ice cream

Thanks to Aprillynn
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I'm kind of bored right now so I might as well do this for a third time. :lol:

1. I can't start reading a book series in the middle of the series. Even if the books can easily be read as stand-alones it drives me bonkers. I have to know what happened before then before I read on. Which is actually a little odd because 2 of the books series that I love now I started reading at about book 7-8 (I'm including anthologies in that count)...but that was also before I developed my 'start at the beginning' quirk.

2. I love to clean and organize things. If I see something on the floor that shouldn't be there I want to pick it up and put it away (it's not at an OCD level though, I can leave a mess there without it bothering me but I still want to pick it up). However organizing is much more of an OCD for me...don't think it reaches there but it's close. I can't concentrate if my books are out of place. If they are not in the place I put them I have to get up and fix it.

3. I never let people borrow my books and it's all because of one friend. She asked to borrow a book of mine, I said yes. Now the book wasn't in perfect condition but it was in fairly good condition, I take good care of my books used or new. About six months later she finished reading it, gave it back to me and I could not believe the condition it was in. The spine had very obvious creases, the cover was torn/bent, the pages were bent, there was a coffee/beverage stain on the page, which was nothing like what I gave her and I never let anyone borrow books again.

4. Even though I'm 5'1 both of my biological parents are taller than that. :roll: Mom is 5'4, my biological father was about 6'1-ish. Apparently Mom's short genes are strong, even my brother is short, not as short as me but we all thought he'd be at least Dad's height which is 5'8/5'9, or taller because the other men on that side of the family and many of the women are at least 6 foot.

5. I love breath mints and it's all Dad's fault. :lol: I can eat an entire tin of Altoids in about two days.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:1. I can't start reading a book series in the middle of the series. Even if the books can easily be read as stand-alones it drives me bonkers.
Me too. Besides, when you start in the middle or toward the end, you miss a lot of important back story. Call me nutters, but I enjoy characters that actually have some sense of development to them.
2. I love to clean and organize things.

I don't quite reach OCD levels with cleaning or organizing, but about once a month I love to go through my stuff and see what I can get rid of. I think it might be a reaction to the fact that my mother has a hard time getting rid of anything, and over the years I've had to move all her junk about 40 million times. What can I say...it inspired me. :lol:
3. I never let people borrow my books and it's all because of one friend. She asked to borrow a book of mine, I said yes. Now the book wasn't in perfect condition but it was in fairly good condition, I take good care of my books used or new. About six months later she finished reading it, gave it back to me and I could not believe the condition it was in. The spine had very obvious creases, the cover was torn/bent, the pages were bent, there was a coffee/beverage stain on the page, which was nothing like what I gave her and I never let anyone borrow books again.
:x I would have been so mad at her. I lend things out, but only conditionally these days. I have one friend who's fantastic about returning things in both a reasonable amount of time and it as received condition, so she's about the only one I lend things to these days.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

OrangeSky wrote:
:x I would have been so mad at her. I lend things out, but only conditionally these days. I have one friend who's fantastic about returning things in both a reasonable amount of time and it as received condition, so she's about the only one I lend things to these days.
Oh I so understand your frustration over that. My most prized possession (at the time) was treated that way - My copy of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. And my mother was the culprit. Took it into the bathroom and read it during a bath. When I got it back, the spine was warped, as was the cover (because she decided to take a steam bath) and the pages had water marks on them. I was so pissed off, I demanded that she buy me a new copy and it had to the exact same one.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

OrangeSky wrote:
Jezebel Jinx wrote:1. I can't start reading a book series in the middle of the series. Even if the books can easily be read as stand-alones it drives me bonkers.
Me too. Besides, when you start in the middle or toward the end, you miss a lot of important back story. Call me nutters, but I enjoy characters that actually have some sense of development to them.
Exactly. I love to, I guess in a sense, grow up with characters, main and minor characters. I like to see how they evolve through the books and see their journey.
OrangeSky wrote:
I'm like your friend, when I borrow something (usually books or cds) I treat it better then I would my own stuff and I treat my things really well. I was ticked off at her, however I didn't say anything to her until a couple years later when she asked to borrow a Buffy book of mine and I told her flat out no way. She asked why and I told her that one I collect Buffy items and two because of the treatment she gave the first and only book I lent her.

I don't know what it is about people borrowing things from me but the two times I remember lending an item to someone I got ticked afterwards. One was the book and the other was a cd, I loaned it to a different friend told her that I wanted it back in a month and she agreed. When the month was up she wouldn't give me back my cd. She had it with her in class and kept saying that it was hers now and she wasn't giving it back. This wasn't just once or twice as a joke she kept saying it throughout the entire class period that she wouldn't give it back because she loved the cd so much and wanted it. Finally I got so tired of her crap that I picked up one of the cds she had on her desk (one she loved) and put it in my backpack and told her she'd get it back when I got my cd back. Needless to say she gave it back right then and I gave back her cd.

See why I don't lend anything out, I've had bad experiences with that. :lol: :roll:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Earth2Mama wrote: Oh I so understand your frustration over that. My most prized possession (at the time) was treated that way - My copy of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. And my mother was the culprit. Took it into the bathroom and read it during a bath. When I got it back, the spine was warped, as was the cover (because she decided to take a steam bath) and the pages had water marks on them. I was so pissed off, I demanded that she buy me a new copy and it had to the exact same one.
My mother is murder on books too. She bends them, dog ears them, she opens the book wide so it causes creases in the spine and areas where the book is more open then other spots. Mom knows how careful I am with my books and never bothers to ask to borrow them.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

1.I am always way behind when it comes to technology...it was way into the 2000's before I ever got my cell phone or a computer.....hell I just got my first flat screen HD tv four months ago...I was still using my old huge picture tube tv :oops: :lol:

2.If I have a plate full of food I have to eat all of one item first before I move on to the next item...which I eat all of before going to the next one.I don't know if I'm the only person who does that but it did drive my dad nuts when I was a kid :lol:

3.I didn't go to my high school prom....I can't dance nor could I get a date so I didn't see any reason for me to waste all that money to just go some where and stand around.

4.I once dated a stripper when I was in my early 20's....which was wild and fun at the time and something I would NEVER EVER do again now that I'm older :roll: :oops:

5.I pour salt and pepper on EVERTHING I eat.....so not good for me :lol:
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:I don't know what it is about people borrowing things from me but the two times I remember lending an item to someone I got ticked afterwards. One was the book and the other was a cd, I loaned it to a different friend told her that I wanted it back in a month and she agreed. When the month was up she wouldn't give me back my cd. She had it with her in class and kept saying that it was hers now and she wasn't giving it back. This wasn't just once or twice as a joke she kept saying it throughout the entire class period that she wouldn't give it back because she loved the cd so much and wanted it. Finally I got so tired of her crap that I picked up one of the cds she had on her desk (one she loved) and put it in my backpack and told her she'd get it back when I got my cd back. Needless to say she gave it back right then and I gave back her cd.
Seriously...what the hell is wrong with people? Is it really that hard to be considerate of other people, especially when you call them your friend?
Alli
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

killjoy wrote:1.I am always way behind when it comes to technology...it was way into the 2000's before I ever got my cell phone or a computer.....hell I just got my first flat screen HD tv four months ago...I was still using my old huge picture tube tv :oops: :lol:
I generally consider myself to be pretty current with technology, but I still use my old style TV, partially because I can't afford to buy a new one. :lol: Plus, the damn thing is 11 years old and it still works. Sure, you can't always hear the sound when a DVD is playing unless you whack the TV a few times and sure, sometimes when a DVD is playing the picture goes and all you have is fuzzy gray and white lines and a really loud, annoying sound, but all it takes is whacking the TV once or twice to get the picture back. People who don't have to hit their TV are wimps. :lol:
2.If I have a plate full of food I have to eat all of one item first before I move on to the next item...which I eat all of before going to the next one.I don't know if I'm the only person who does that but it did drive my dad nuts when I was a kid :lol:
I'm not quite like that, but I do have to eat my salad first before I move on to the main meal. Not sure why. I've just always been that way.
4.I once dated a stripper when I was in my early 20's....which was wild and fun at the time and something I would NEVER EVER do again now that I'm older :roll: :oops:
That's awesome. :lol:
5.I pour salt and pepper on EVERTHING I eat.....so not good for me :lol:
I read a study recently that said we only put as much sodium on our food as we need, that we all instinctively know how much we need in our diet. So some people use way more than others, because somehow they just know what their body needs. I can't speak to the pepper consumption, though. :lol:

P.S.- Proms aren't all they're cracked up to be. :roll:
Alli