Tattoos?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

I agree with everyone else. My hubby has ten tatts in total, and he said the worst part for him was when he was getting near his inner wrist bone done. He has his whole back done, both lower inner arms (from elbow to wrist) over his heart and on his calf.

He also said to say, that the meatier the place, the easier it is, because the needles tend to vibrate more on bone than on flesh. And also? As a girl, I can tell you now...your stomach can really hurt, because of the nerve endings near and around our uterus's...k? Hope this helps.
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Getting something you want vs. what someone else wants is definitely the way to go. Also, since you are going to live with it forever, get something unique that 'screams' you or in your case, go to a custom place instead of a 'pick & stick'.

Trust me, it makes a big difference. My husband is a person who never thought he'd get a tattoo but after he saw the work that the artist did on my first one and how unique it is, he changed his mind and got one and has never regretted it.

P.S. Custom artist do cost more but they are less likely to look at you weird when you ask for something unusual. Like a rubber duck.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok first off I have to say....a rubber duck? :lol:

Well it's been ten years this year that I got mine.

I can still hear all the rants that got shouted my way when people heard I was thinking about getting a tattoo.

"Oh those are so nasty!"

"You'll have to live with it forever."

"Oh you'll like it now but when you're older you'll regret it."

I heard them all,especially from my dad.He hates them and has the thinking of if he thinks something is right or wrong than everyone else should think the same way too. :roll:

But my mom of all people was cool with it.When I asked her what she thought of me getting one she just shrugged and said....

"It's your money,your body so do whatever the hell you want to with it."

I love my mom she is so cool. :D
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

killjoy wrote:Ok first off I have to say....a rubber duck? :lol:
I know, it sounds weird until I explain. I wanted to do something to symbolize my kids. Their names were too ordinary and people always look at you strange so I wanted to get something that meant them. I got a small little car, like a matchbox for my oldest son and a rubber duck for my youngest because the first toy he ever played with was a little stuffed duck (He carried it everywhere he went, even cross country three times.) and since he has had an addiction to toy ducks, stuffed and rubber ones. They aren't that big, only about the size of a silver dollar each.

Drifter Love

LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

LittleBit that is such a cool and unique tattoo idea, and even better it means something to you. Those are the best kind of tatts. :D
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Thanks. I've gotten a ton of compliments. I'm now thinking of adding a small snowflake (My maiden name is Snow) but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Drifter Love

Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

*laughs*

I wish my mom was like that, she's more of the "You'll hate it when you're older" and "You don't know if their really sterile, You could get a disease." and "You're a wimp, you can't take the pain." The proceeds to stab me in the arm with her stumpy little fingernails. *laughs*

My dad just rolls his eyes.

It's so sweet that you got something for each of them!

I'm still looking for the right one. My coworkers and I went to a parlor on Thursday, and I looked through the books while they made appointments but didn't see any roses that looked right. But I found a pic of this really cool looking one with several different sized and colored stars in a quarter circle around the hip. So now I don't know what I want more.
<center>Image</center>
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

My mom has always been the type of parent to say "Do it if you really want to but you have to live with it." I remember years ago when I wanted to dye my hair, she didn't care what color but she said I'd have to go to school whether I liked it or not.

I have two other tattoos, one around one of my toes on my right foot and the other is on my chest on the left side. Neither hurt but the chest one was a bit weird. Just the vibrations felt weird after the first hour.

But I have a high pain tolerance so don't go by my judgement.

Drifter Love

Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

I've heard people pass out due to the trauma to your body, did that happen to any of you?

Oh, geez, I'm 20 and my parents still know what's best for me. :roll: Up unil I turned 18, my parents were strict on the no piercing, no tattoo, no hair dye. They told me they would kill me if I dyed my hair because it belonged to them. *laughs*
<center>Image</center>
Gamma Rho Girl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gamma Rho Girl »

Just a quick warning that I learned first hand from my sister (she has a cross and some lettering halfway between her hip to her navel.) Be careful where you put the tats. She got them when she was 22, and when she was 26 got pregnant with twins. Needless to say...... it's, well, it's just not the same anymore.

Of course for every situation like this there are probably thousands who didn't have that problem. Just thought I'd toss it out there.
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs