Tattoos?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Lorastar wrote:I've heard people pass out due to the trauma to your body, did that happen to any of you?
I think what you mean is that there is only a small timeframe where your body can withstand the pain before it becomes too intense. My husband had that happen to him, his threshold ran out towards the end of his tattoo but was able to finish it quick enough before he felt any ill effects besides pain.

As I said before, I have a high tolerance for pain. The largest of my tattoos took about six or seven hours and I didn't feel any trauma but I had both of my kids naturally with no pain medicine so that gives you an idea about my threshold.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

I also think about getting a tattoo and there was one thing I wondered about when I read this...how long does it take to get one?You talk of hours.Ok, these were probably bigger ones,but still...I always thought a small one would take about 15 minutes or so.Am I totally wrong here?
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Lorastar, I havent been around anyone that actually passed out but my older brother actually got really sick to his stomach and umm threw up, turned white as a sheet too. BUT he was fine after that, must have been nerves.

nunki, It really depends on the size of the tattoo, the one thats on my foot is of 3 stars, the biggest one being the size of maybe a half dollar coin then 2 smaller ones, and they are colored, it took about 30 minutes.

The one on my lower back took about an hour and a half, but there was alot of detail, its a butterfly on a flower, then going out towards my hips is what I can describe best looks like a thin cloud in blue and yellow, with little stars on the top and bottom of the cloud.

You get breaks though when they have to change colors or to strectch or whatever. Hope that helped! All this talk of tattos is making me want another one, they are so ADDICTIVE! hah
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

One thing I know is, I'll be taking some pain killers half an hour before I go.

Last time my friend got one, I went with her. She got a little star on the inside of her wrist and we were only there about 15 minutes.

Ooh! I just got an idea for a cute one, a little butterfly on a star. :D
<center>Image</center>
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Two of my tattoos and my husband's are really detailed so that's why it took so long. It also depends at times on your artist.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Lorastar that would be a very cute tattoo!!
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

LovinGuerin2Much wrote:
nunki, It really depends on the size of the tattoo, the one thats on my foot is of 3 stars, the biggest one being the size of maybe a half dollar coin then 2 smaller ones, and they are colored, it took about 30 minutes.

The one on my lower back took about an hour and a half, but there was alot of detail, its a butterfly on a flower, then going out towards my hips is what I can describe best looks like a thin cloud in blue and yellow, with little stars on the top and bottom of the cloud.

You get breaks though when they have to change colors or to strectch or whatever. Hope that helped! All this talk of tattos is making me want another one, they are so ADDICTIVE! hah
Yeah´thanks,it did.30 minutes sounds a lot better.
For me it would be the whirlwind symbol in black...probably on my ankle (about the size of the one on the pendant you can buy at powerstar merchandise, but I prefer the shape on the orb.I ´ve even printed it out yet).
It´s not unique but it means something to me...as a longtime fan of the show, as a dreamer and as someone who´s interested in astronomy.And I guess it´s unique enough where I live.

Lorastar - That butterfly on a star one sounds beautiful.
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Thank you!

We went yesterday, and three of my friends got theirs done. The longest took about 30 minutes, and she got a dragonfly on her foot.

That artist was really good, considering she was hardly in any pain, and one of the other girls got a ribbon on her back and she was wincing the whole time.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

I got one! Just a simple star next to my right hip. All I can say is: Ouch. Although it's been a day and now it just feels like a bad sunburn. It turned out pretty nice, though. And I'm gonna go back in a few months and get it added to.
<center>Image</center>
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Congrats :lol: