The Beatles

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

The Beatles

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

I just started learning about the Beatles in my History of Rock class, and was wondering if anyone else loves them as much as I'm starting to. I especially love how they srewed with everyone's heads during the whole "Paul is Dead" thing, and I personally believe that John Lennon kicks ass! :D

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

the beatles are lyk extended family.. i'm only 16 but my dads been playing their cds (Repeatedly) for as long as i can remember.... but im not tired of them yet, they're classics of course
and john lennon and i share the same birthday (well according to wikipedia haha)! 9th of october! :lol:
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Beatles

Post by Lillie »

Zanssoulmate08 wrote:I just started learning about the Beatles in my History of Rock class, and was wondering if anyone else loves them as much as I'm starting to. I especially love how they srewed with everyone's heads during the whole "Paul is Dead" thing, and I personally believe that John Lennon kicks ass! :D

-Sarah
I'm curious about what other music that you have discussed in your class. Sounds like an interesting class. And is that a high school class, college class, etc?
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

History of Rock is a high-school course that's only available to seniors like myself. :) We started off the year studying Rock's Jazz roots and then moved on to it's early musicions, such as Fats Domino, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, The Stray Cats, and many others. Within the next couple of weeks, we're going to move on from the Beatles to study the Rolling Stones. :D This is by far one of the biggest perks of being an upper classman! :lol:

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I love the beatles. I have their #1 hits cd. I bought it a few years ago and I love their songs.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I've always been a huge Beatles fan, ever since I was a little girl. My favourite albums are Rubber Soul, Revolver and the White Album. John is my favourite Beatle and Paul is my LEAST favourite.

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away is the most beautiful song ever.
it's better to rise than fade away.