Tourism

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

What do you prefer more?

City
61%
Country
39%

Total votes: 23

Erina
Forum Moderator

Tourism

Post by Erina »

Heya! So, I have a question for all of you. I'm working on a project and I need to know what the others think.

What kind of tourist are you? Do you prefer city and civilization or nature and basically no comforts? Do you like to explore city, historical buildings or drive around 2 hours to basically isolated place? What you like more - a lunch in a crowded restaurant (in the city) or a dinner out? :)
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

I prefer prefer city and civilization and exploring the city and historical sites. I'm a city girl so i'd rather have lunch in the city. Not really into country and isolated places.
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Generally I love to visit cities and places like that. However, I don't mind going and seeing things "out of the way" while I'm doing it.

However, since I like the whole 'living on lots of my own land' thing, going somewhere like NY or London, Paris, etc., etc. is great.

I actually like them both equally, but I think that when I'm traveling, I like knowing that there are things to do. So I generally go to larger cities if I can.

Of course a weekend camping is fun too! But I hardly ever get the opportunity to do that.

Ashley
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Neither. For me, it will always be the beach...which probably explains why I have never left the East Coast. I need the water. I love that salty ocean smell, and the sound of crashing waves. I love the relaxing calm of it all. I've lived in the city my whole life so going to another city just doesn't feel like a vacation to me.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

I like to see historic buildings - but prefer the ones who aren't in a city :lol: . That's why I love to travel around in scotland - beautiful landscapes with a lot of castle, stonecircles and ruins :wink:
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

City girl. I need to see people. Nature is pretty on Tv but its not for me. I think I would be bored out of my mind in the wilderness.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Oh! Scotland!

Mark me down for the country vacation too if it's in another country!

:wink:

Ashley
POM

Post by POM »

I haven't really been anywhere--outside of california, other than VEGAS :lol: but if anyone is interested in coming to L.A. let me save you the trouble in not coming!! it's not that great as people make it out to be--go to San Fancisco it's much better :lol:

<3 Erica

p.s. I'd say city! :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I like both and since I get two weeks vacation per year I tend to do both.

But in the end I have to go with country.

I once went to Mexico and spent time at Cancun and Couzemal at a nice resort area.It was great ,I had lots of fun and will always remember it fondly.

But a times I want to get away from it all.So I grab a tent or just go to some old cabin back in the woods and just be there with nothing but me,the clear sky for stargazing and my trusty old fishing rod,for company.

You see as much as I love to be in the city having fun,I grew up on the water and love it.Boating,white water rafting,swiming and/or fishing that is the dream vacation for me.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I like city and country holidays equally, but I'm really not a fan of roughing it. Holidaying by the beach is the best.
it's better to rise than fade away.