Gas Prices

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I got T-boned in my little Honda Civic by some lady in a mini van and I still love my little car.

I think that some people who drive SUV's are a little more careless because they feel safer in their large vehicles and know that other cars will get out of their way if they barrell through them. I know that when it snows the fastest and rudest drivers are usually the ones in SUVs and Pickup Trucks.

All I know is I want to get myself a nice safe Volvo. Those things are like rocks on wheels. :lol:
<center>Image</center>
Calinia
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Calinia »

Lolita wrote:I think that some people who drive SUV's are a little more careless because they feel safer in their large vehicles and know that other cars will get out of their way if they barrell through them.
I definitely agree with this. People generally become less careful and less risk-averse in their driving if they feel safer in their cars.

For example, seat bealts becoming law and therefore standard in every car had a very interesting effect. Seat bealts obviously lower the risk of being seriously injured or killed in an accident, so one would expect less of both. However, because people felt safer they drove less carefully and took more chances. In the end, the result was that the number of fatalties and serious injuries of people inside cars stayed pretty much the same while the number of accidents as well as fatalties and serious injuries among people outside of cars (walking, on bikes, on motorcycles and so on) that where involved in an accident rose.

I got into my car today (which I share with my brother and which actually isn't my car) and almost fainted when I saw that a quarter of the tank was already empty. My brother is so paying for the next tank...
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.
holier than thou | katastrophee
Updated 03/16/07 | Updated 02/10/08
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

So. Here I was. Driving home for lunch and what did I happen to pass? A gas station. Makes sense. They're on every corner. But the sign happened to make me a little more upset than normal. $3.27 to normal gas. That's a 16 cent increase since I started this thread like a week ago. It's insane. Which led me to remember this bulletin I received at myspace a few days ago.

On May 15th all myspace members are to not go to the gas station in protest high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places. There are 72,110,073 members currently on the network, and the average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up. If all myspace members did not go to the pump on the 15th it would take $2,163,302,190.00 out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree repost this bulletin...

Even though this isn't myspace, I thought it still needed to be passed on.
<center>Image</center>
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

Saw gas today for $2.89!! I got all excited. I'm sure it will be WAY up by tomorrow but at least i filled up today.
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Today I was driving by this little town outside my city and I saw this gas station. The gas was marked at $1.80 or something like that. I got super excited and pulled over...

And saw that the gas station was closed and boarded up. I died a little inside.

~Chad~
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I've done this before.

Multiple times.

It still bites every time...

:(

Ashley
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

A few ago a gas station around here messed up and i think the gas was about $ 2.59 at that point. They forgot the 9 and the gas was 25 cents a gallon. People were crazy filling up but some big mouth told the attendant.
Words to live by...NEVER SIDE WITH "THE MAN"..lol. Shhhh and keep pumping.
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

The thing I find most annoying is how it goes up during the middle of the day. So at lunch time you drive by and think...Hmm...I should REALLY get gas after work today before prices go up again. Then, 4 hours later, you drive by that same gas station and prices have gone up 5 cents per gallon. Whoo. Happened today. $2.32 per gallon!
<center>Image</center>
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

That happens to me all the time because I HATE to stop for gas. Sometimes I wait until the last minute and screw myself.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Well, right now the mid-price just went up to $3.07 and the low is at $2.97.

Sigh... Pretty soon it'll shoot up to over $4.00. :(

Ashley