Out of Control Lies

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Out of Control Lies

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Okay, there was this guy. I mean, he was sweet and all but so obviously not my type. Plus, he was younger and that makes me feel like a pedophile. He asked me out, but the problem is...I panicked and told him I had a boyfriend named Raphael. Well, "Raphael" lives in New York next door to my rich uncle (who really does exist and really is rich...that part is true) and is both rich and unnaturally gorgous. Now, my non-existant Boyfriend is the hot topic of conversation and I've built up so many lies about our so-called relationship that it's like he's a real person. It's a huge mess and people I barely even know are talking about him! NE advice or experiances you'd like to share?

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Ouch...

You got yourself in a nice one! :wink:

First off, I'm against lying. I've had to deal with people who could do nothing but lie, so I try to make sure that I don't even tell white lies.

However, you didn't ask to be lectured about what's right and wrong, so I'll see what advice I can give you.

First off, gossip spreads like wild fire (which I am sure you are more than aware of). So half of what people are saying may not have even come from you. Which is a bonus of sorts that at least you didn't make everything that's been going around up.

However, the bad part is that you planted the seed and did nothing to stop the tree from growing. (Nice cliche, don't you think?)

The easiest way to deal with this situation is to tell people that you guys broke up. Something about distance or whatnot. Then it's up to you to come clean to those who you know deserve to know the truth.

The harder thing to do is to just let people know that you don't actually have a boyfriend in NY. You'll hate it and will probably undergo a lot of criticism, but you just have to remember that although it took you awhile, you did eventually come clean and can have a clear conscience.

Now here's the problem. No matter which you do, you're going to have to take into account the consequences.

If you go with situation A and tell people that you broke up, a couple of different things could happen. The most obvious being that there are going to be those people who figure it out and start talking about he probably wasn't real anyways. There are also those people who, when there is nothinig else to talk about, might ask you how your imaginary "Ex" is doing.

If you go with situation B it's going to take awhile for people to start to trust you again. You'll also have to deal with what they say about you because that is going to cause even more talk than what is currently going on. You'll also have to talk to the guy who originally asked you out because his feelings are going to be hurt.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. I know that it's said "Honesty is the Best Policy" and I agree with that, but I know that being in an environment where people aren't understanding doesn't exactly foster a desire to follow the best policy.

No matter what you ultimately decide to do, just remember this next time.

If you're not interested in a guy, tell him that while you appreciate his interest and are flattered, you don't feel more than friendship for him. Remember to take his feelings into account because it can be hard for some guys to gather up the courage to talk to someone they really like. (As I'm sure it is for you at times. :wink: )

Wish I could help you out more babe, but that's all I got right now!

Good luck!

Ashley
Jessibelle47
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jessibelle47 »

There are only two things that you can do:

1. Tell everyone the truth...honesty is always the best policy even if it is kind of late.

2. Use lies to cover up your other lies...make him dissapear. Maybe you broke up or he died I don't know. However, whatever it is make it simple as to not need to have to make up other lies and get yourself in to more mess.
A drop in the ocean,
A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most,
'Cause you are my heaven.

A Drop In The Ocean: Ron Pope
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

THANKYOU ALL SOO MUCH!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I TRIED TO TELL HER, BUT OF COURSE BEING THE LITTLE SISTER SHE WON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING I HAVE TO SAY!! SO IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP HER AND MAKE HER LESS INSANE THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!!

<3 TAY
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Maxssoulmate wrote:THANKYOU ALL SOO MUCH!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I TRIED TO TELL HER, BUT OF COURSE BEING THE LITTLE SISTER SHE WON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING I HAVE TO SAY!! SO IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP HER AND MAKE HER LESS INSANE THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!!

<3 TAY
You are a terrible sister! Ne1 want her? I'll give her away for free! Big sisters are such pains in the butt! No matter how old I get she's still bossy! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :x

-Sarah

Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

She's not that bad or she would have spilled the beans the second she knew about them. LOL!

Ashley
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Well, I told my sister (as you already know), my best friend Kristen, and my friend Meghan, since their the people that I'm closest to... They find the whole thing hilarious. :roll: Everyone else, I told that he'd dumped me for another girl. I guess i don't have the balls to fess up to sooooooo many people. But since I'm "hurting" from the breakup, no one else has mentioned him. Thanks for the advice guys! :D

-Sarah

KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

:lol: Sarah,this was hilarious.
You and your supposed 'ex' just gave me a good laugh.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

KarenEvans wrote::lol: Sarah,this was hilarious.
Glad I Could be of service. :D

-Sarah

Calinia
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Calinia »

KarenEvans wrote::lol: Sarah,this was hilarious.
Hehe, I had a good laugh too. Something similar happened to me when I was 15 or maybe 16. There was this guy who just wouldn't take no for an answer, and so a friend of mine told him that I had a boyfriend, Markus, who lived in Vienna and was two years older than me. The funny thing was, after that every girl who needed a non-existent boyfriend to get a guy to back off used Markus, who lived in Vienna and was two years older than her. It turned into a running gag among the girls from my town.

And just in case you still feel bad about the whole thing, I really don't think that telling a guy you have a boyfriend even if you don't is such a bad thing. That way he doesn't think he's the reason and there are no hurt feelings and there's no dented ego. Personally, I'd prefer to think that a guy has a girlfriend than that he's just not into me.
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.
holier than thou | katastrophee
Updated 03/16/07 | Updated 02/10/08