Musicals?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Musicals?

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Just out of curiosity, are there any musical or Broadway play fans on this board?

I'm a self-proclaimed drama geek, and I'm presently obsessed with both Rent and Wicked. They're the best! Anyone agree?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

I am big fan of Andrew Lloyd Weber.. I have seen Cat's, Phantom of the Opera and Starlight Express I love them all.
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I just got tickets to go see Wicked in New York for August...I'm so freakin excited!!!!

I'm a theatre Tech/Design major. I'm currently working on "Urinetown" which I highly reccomend if you love musicals. It's basically a musical that makes fun of musical theatre conventions. It's amazing!
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Surfgirl02: Oh, lucky! I have a friend that's going to see it, and I'm so jealous. And thanks, I'll look into that.

Itzstacie: I love Phantom of the Opera. I've seen it onstage, and it's absolutely amazing. I've seen Cats as well, which was a lot of fun, although I didn't love it as much as other ones I've seen.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

I'm a big musicals fan - I've lost count of how many I've been to.

As far as I can remember, I've seen Chicago, West Side Story, Grease, Cats (well, on TV at least), Fame, Sunset Bvld, Me and My Girl, Singing In The Rain, Oliver, Kiss Me Kate, My Fair Lady and Copacabana. I saw The Lion King on Broadway for my 21st birthday - best musical I've ever been to.

I haven't yet seen Phantom of the Opera on satge, although I'd like to go sometime :) .
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

I loved Cats and have been dying to see Phantom for as long as I can remember! I wasn't crazy about My fair Lady, cause it didn't have anything on the origional, but the movie version w/ Audrey Hepburn (sp) was good. I auditioned for my school's rendition of Children of Eden but sadly (sniff...sniff...) didn't get the part. Oh well, I know I'm good, and someday, you guys'll be seeing ME on stage! :D

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

WICKED is the all-time best musical ever. :D At least I think so. Well, Phantom and Grease are pretty good too lol.
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

I've seen Phantom, Le miserabe (sp?) and Cats. (Sniif, i miss NY) LOVED Phantom!! If you've never seen a show on stage you must. They are the best.
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Les Mis! How was that? I heard it's awesome, but I've yet to see it. They're making a movie.
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Les Mis! How was that? I heard it's awesome, but I've yet to see it. They're making a movie.

It was GREAT. I love the music so i loved it on stage. I've seen two movies of it but there is nothing like seeing it on stage. If you get a chance to see it go for it.
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.