Fed up/sick of it

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I'm fed up with having to be in the same place as I was when I was ten. Ever notice that your family and friends have this set idea of who you should be? And you can't do anything to change it?

When you become an adult, you want to experience the things that you were told you were 'too young for' growing up... or were just unable to do.

Then we grow up and have all of these dreams and one by one we give them up - we do what's responsible and what's expected of us, simply because we're used to it and as much as we want to, we don't know how to change it.

Sigh...

Sometimes you just want to run... as fast as you can.

You love your family, but sometimes it feels like there's more out there.

But you stay.

Your responsibility holds you to them.

To you parents, your partner, your children, your job, your friends - whatever it is for you, you're held to it.

So you go on, day by day, sometimes you forget - perhaps for an hour, a day, a week, a month; longer...

You forget what it was like growing up when all you wanted was to do "X"

Isn't it strange how children seem so happy all of the time? We call it innocence. Is that really it?

Or is it because they still know what they want and they still believe that, one day, they'll have it?

What would your life be like if you could feel that?

Sigh.

I'm basically fed up with expectations and pedestals.

Ashley
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

I am fed up with stupid girls. Why as women can we not stand together instead of bringing each other down. If a guy is intrested in your "ugly" friend, let her have the spotlight. If your friend is on a diet, dont invite her over for cake. If your friend is trying to quit smoking, dont smoke around her. If a chic calls you and tells you she is sleeping with your man, have a women to women with her. Dont let him win. I see chics that when it comes to a man they would sell thier mother out and that is low. Its never men looking at us saying, "her shoes are so last season" it's US. Yeah we can all be bitches but united we stand, divided we fall. Ugh...a friend did me dirty this weekend. I am so fed up with that.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Lady Vixen I am sorry to hear your *friend* did you wrong. I have had that happen to me so often over the years I now only have a select few close female friends. I am more cautious with ppl now because women especially can be so petty and cruel. Guys tend to be more laid back and down to earth. I can so understand why some women have more male friends than female friends. ugh! I hope things get better for you! :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

I've always gotten along better with guys than with girls.

It may seem sexist (even though I'm a female) but so many women don't know when to let things go.

If you have a fight and you sincerely apologize (whether or not it was your fault), everything is *okay* or *fine* now but just wait a couple of weeks or so (or even months in some case) and women bring up the past because they're still upset about it.

If I apologize to someone - regardless as to whether or not it's my fault - I mean it. I'm not going to lie to your face. As a woman, I think that is the worst thing you can do. If I'm still upset or if for some reason I don't think I'm wrong, I'm not going to apologize.

So why do women always hold it against others? They put so much pressure on those around them to be perfect but then get upset that you have this-and-that or went and spent time with so-and-so --- give me a break!

If you're not going to be honest with me and say "Look, we have a problem right now," then don't get mad if I call you on it. And don't get upset when I start hanging out with guys because you think I'm trying to hit on them. If I was, I wouldn't be hanging out with an entire group of them, I'd be hanging out with one of them.

Sigh.

I completely understand where you're coming from.

Just stand up for yourself and say, "Look, I'm upset, you shouldn't have done that, what's going to happen so this can be fixed?"

I'll keep you in my thoughts - while I'm hanging out with my guy friends! :wink:

Ashley
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

Thanks ladies for your kind words. The funny thing about this is, that is has nothing to do with MY man. Just a guy who has a crush on me who I guess was paying to much attention to me on this night. I can't help that I am so sexy. LOL totally kidding. :lol: Really though, it hurt a lot because I really thought that she was my friend and after this, I can't help but see her as just another random person that I know. THis was about some random guy but what if it was a guy I really care for. Another thing I find funny is that my man, HATES her. He thinks that she is a total whore and I always defend her. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. She knows I am upset and I can't hide my feelings. It shows when I am pissed so I know she knows. I felt good to vent in here so I am kind of over it within but, I am glad i saw what i saw
Thanks again.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Glad you feel better... Sigh... can you just imagine what would happen if all the women would stop fighting each other? Trying to win between themselves?

We would have a cure for cancer, no poverty, global education...

Just to name a few! :wink:

I understand, I was just upset about how women act towards each other in general. (Can you tell I've had problems with them in the past? :D )

Don't let her get you down darlin'. It's better to know now then when you really cared about the guy.

Ashley
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

I've just found this thread and I love it.
I'm sick of people's reaction to my religion. I was raised a Christian but I converted religions a while ago and now I'm a Wiccan (a Pagan religion) and I'm just so sick of the way people around me act towards me because of it.
When I was learning about Wicca I was told to only really tell people I was close to about my religion as some people have a problem with Pagans and you shouldn't use your religion as a way of shocking people so it's only really my family I have trouble with. For years we've only gone to church at easter and christmas and we rarely said prayers but ever since she found out about me converting religions my mum acts like she's the most religious person in the world and anyone who isn't a christian is going to burn in hell. She tells me I'm worshipping false Gods/ false idols; I believe in evil things; what I believe doesn't make sense because it goes against everything she's ever believed in so it can't be right; I'm going to go to hell when I die, oh, and my favourite? I don't really believe in any of it, I'm just making it up as I go along so I don't have to go to church. :roll:
Every time religion is mentioned the subject just 'happens' to turn to the fact that I'm a Wicca and then I get all that and more and I'm just so sick of it. If I said anything like that about christianity the whole family would go mad at me but they think they can say whatever they want about Wicca because I'm the only family member who follows that religion and I don't count.
At christmas dinner my mother asked me something about Yule which is what Wiccas celebrate on the 21st december and I was just so pleased that she was taking an interest that I started explaining it to her without thinking that it was a set-up. Which it was. All of a sudden she got this disgusted look on her face and said she didn't want to talk about 'that kind of thing' as it was christmas, a christian celebration, and what I was talking about went completely against everything christian. So for the rest of the meal I had to sit there in silence while my sister went 'I hope you're happy with yourself because you ruined christmas dinner, You've upset mum too. Look at her, it's a big family dinner and look how much you've upset her. You've ruined everything. I hope you're happy with yourself. Are you happy with yourself? You shouldn't be, you should be ashamed of yourself because you've ruined the meal for the whole family'. And on and on for ages. I just wanted to get up and walk away and of course I couldn't because it was a family meal.
So now I feel like I have to keep quiet about everything I believe in so I don't upset anyone and I shouldn't have to feel that way because your family is supposed to love and accept you no matter what.
Sorry about the long rant :oops: but I feel better now.
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

I havent been fed up in a minute so here is a small rant.

I am sickof playing teacher because the system sucks and classes are overcrowded...bla bla bla. I have nothing against teacher but give a kid in Kinder a project about So Africa. Give me a break. You know the parent has to do the work.
I am sick of having to cut back on my bad shopping habits becasue gas is so damm high. I NEED TO SHOP!!
I am sick of HATERS at work who want to call you out everytime you take a breath when they are the ones actually not working.
Awwww I feel better. I could go on but I wont for now.
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Plastic product wrap. I hate how difficult it is to get into something due to all the hard plastic surrounding the product. Plus, I just opened my new shower knob and sliced my hand on the stupid plastic. :x
<center>Image</center>
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I hate that stuff, too! I forget what I was trying to open but it had that vaccuum sealed hard plastic on it and I was trying to open it with an exacto-knife and I ended up stabbing myself in the leg when the knife slipped. Not a fun experience.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"