Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Movie discussions

Postby valentinebaby » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:43 am

So I spent my day at the theater today and figured I'd give out some useful information. After spending a total of $51 in movie tickets I feel like I totally wasted my money.

Resident Evil Afterlife-
I have always loved the Resident Evil series both the video games and the movies. Now, this movie was great, I even had a good laugh at the cheesy super villain they decided to introduce. However, I saw no point in even showing this movie in 3D. All you got was a little bit of extra depth, which while cool is not worth paying out the extra money for the tickets in my opinion.

My Soul To Take-
I love Wes Craven. This movie was awesome and kept me guessing. It kept me guessing and took me up until the very end to figure out what was going on. Once again though this movie was not worth shelling out the extra with the exception of a really cool fog scene that made it seem as if a smoke machine was going off up front and one stab scene there was again nothing else but a little extra depth.

I'm glad I saw them both and would recommend them to anyone but if you do decide to see them, I'd skimp on the 3D and buy yourself a bigger popcorn.
Image

User avatar
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Movie discussions

Postby killjoy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:47 pm

valentinebaby wrote:So I spent my day at the theater today and figured I'd give out some useful information. After spending a total of $51 in movie tickets I feel like I totally wasted my money.

Resident Evil Afterlife-
I have always loved the Resident Evil series both the video games and the movies. Now, this movie was great, I even had a good laugh at the cheesy super villain they decided to introduce. However, I saw no point in even showing this movie in 3D. All you got was a little bit of extra depth, which while cool is not worth paying out the extra money for the tickets in my opinion.

My Soul To Take-
I love Wes Craven. This movie was awesome and kept me guessing. It kept me guessing and took me up until the very end to figure out what was going on. Once again though this movie was not worth shelling out the extra with the exception of a really cool fog scene that made it seem as if a smoke machine was going off up front and one stab scene there was again nothing else but a little extra depth.

I'm glad I saw them both and would recommend them to anyone but if you do decide to see them, I'd skimp on the 3D and buy yourself a bigger popcorn.



You went to watch TWO movies and it cost you fifty one bucks?! Wow...okay got to remember that cost of living is different in other parts of the country :lol: Two movie tickets here would be around twenty four bucks...maybe thirty if one was 3D :lol:

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Movie discussions

Postby valentinebaby » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:59 pm

killjoy wrote:You went to watch TWO movies and it cost you fifty one bucks?! Wow...okay got to remember that cost of living is different in other parts of the country :lol: Two movie tickets here would be around twenty four bucks...maybe thirty if one was 3D :lol:


Well the thing that you have to think about is the fact that Washington minimum wage is 8.55/hr, which is the highest in the US, because some genius got the bright idea that we should raise ours every year and people actually voted on it, which is fine until you think that the cost of living has to go up, the amount of jobs go down. But yeah as long as you're employed the 11 to 14 bucks they're charging for tickets isn't all that horrible, plus if you can actually make matinee it's cheaper, or $5 Tuesdays.

I think I also forgot to mention that it was a total of four tickets because two person per movie.
Image

User avatar
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Movie discussions

Postby killjoy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Just to show my age here....my parents took me to see Star Wars...when it FIRST came out...in a drive in! But......I can remember going to see Empire Strikes Back when it first came out and the tickets were two dollars and fifty cents! :shock: You can't even get a freaking small drink there for two dollars and fifty cents now :lol:

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Movie discussions

Postby valentinebaby » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 am

Yeah, now a drink at the movies cost about $4+. :(
Image

User avatar
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm
Location: Somewhere left of center
Contact:

Re: Movie discussions

Postby OrangeSky » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 am

Obviously I'm a far more terrible person than either of you, because I would never think of paying for more than one movie in a day. I just hop (that is, if I decide to see more than one movie...pretty rare occurrence these days).

I was really good at it in high school, though. I cultivated some made movie hopping skills. My record is five movies in one day.
Alli
Image

Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.

User avatar
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:41 am

Re: Movie discussions

Postby Heavenli24 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:35 am

killjoy wrote:You went to watch TWO movies and it cost you fifty one bucks?! Wow...okay got to remember that cost of living is different in other parts of the country :lol: Two movie tickets here would be around twenty four bucks...maybe thirty if one was 3D :lol:


We have a Cinema De Lux where I live in the UK (there are only 3 in the UK and just 14 in the US) and if you watch a movie in the 'Director's Hall', one online ticket costs the equivalent of $21 ($12 for the ticket, $1 service charge and $8 premium charge)! However, for that price you do get extra wide reclining leather seats, access to the 'Director's Lounge' to buy cocktails and snacks before the movie, an Elite Service where the staff will book your preferred seats and even call a taxi for you afterwards, and you can order movie snacks from your seat :P!

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Movie discussions

Postby valentinebaby » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm

OrangeSky wrote:Obviously I'm a far more terrible person than either of you, because I would never think of paying for more than one movie in a day. I just hop (that is, if I decide to see more than one movie...pretty rare occurrence these days).

I was really good at it in high school, though. I cultivated some made movie hopping skills. My record is five movies in one day.


Well I had to go to two different theaters so it wouldn't even be in option for me. But five? Seriously? Did you ever get caught?
Image

User avatar
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Movie discussions

Postby killjoy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm a deer hunter...even more so back when I was a kid and didn't have to worry about things like...ohhh bills,dating and working for a living....so back in high school me and my best friend(who was also a big hunter) would wear our big hunting coats in the winter when we'd go to a movie.They had huge pockets on them allowing us to hide drinks and candy which we'd smuggle in and eat during the movie....saving us from having to take out a loan to buy movie food/drinks :lol:

We'd didn't have to do the movie swap when we were younger.Our movie house would sell R tickets to anyone :lol: Me and my best friend were getting into R movies when we were in sixth grade :lol:

User avatar
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Movie discussions

Postby valentinebaby » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Okay I really hate movies that you watch the previews to and they end up being extremely misleading and have parts that don't appear in the actual theater version of the movie. Especially when the entire concept of the movie has been done time and time again. Then once you watch the movie it feels like such a let down because not only is the movie not what you expected but it's something you've already seen before. This is what happened with Case 39. Now, it did actually scare me which hasn't happened with a movie for a long time and I did jump out of my seat a few times, and the cast was great, if that's all you're looking for then go see it, but if you've seen The Ring, The Omen, or Lost Souls then you've already seen this movie and should probably just wait until it's released on DVD, if you really wanna see it.
Image


Return to “Life Outside Roswell? (Off-topic)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests