Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Movie discussions

Post by OrangeSky »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:Has anyone seen any of the new releases lately?
I saw The A-Team last week. Totally fun. I was just waiting for them to do the intro through the whole movie, so I was happy when I heard it. :D That's the only one of the new NEW movies that I've seen recently, but I also saw Iron Man 2 a ways back and several others that are just recently out of theaters.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I've seen The Karate Kid, Killers & Splice. All were pretty good, I liked the Karate Kid remake the best. I'm waiting to see Eclipse and The Last Airbender next week!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:I've seen The Karate Kid, Killers & Splice. All were pretty good, I liked the Karate Kid remake the best. I'm waiting to see Eclipse and The Last Airbender next week!
The Killers was good, it had it's funny moments. I'm starting to like Katherine Heigl as an actress, she's growing on me, I guess.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Hunter wrote:
FSU/MSW-94 wrote:I've seen The Karate Kid, Killers & Splice. All were pretty good, I liked the Karate Kid remake the best. I'm waiting to see Eclipse and The Last Airbender next week!
The Killers was good, it had it's funny moments. I'm starting to like Katherine Heigl as an actress, she's growing on me, I guess.
Nope ... still hate her, as an actress and even worse ... as a person. O.k. hate is a strong word.

DISLIKE.

Yup.

Still extremely DISLIKE her.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

Earth2Mama wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Nope ... still hate her, as an actress and even worse ... as a person. O.k. hate is a strong word.

DISLIKE.

Yup.

Still extremely DISLIKE her.
My mom hates her. Yes...HATES her. I really have no clue why. Personally, I just don't care about her one way or the other.

Can't stand Jennifer Lopez, though. So I guess we all have a person who drives us nuts.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

OrangeSky wrote: My mom hates her. Yes...HATES her. I really have no clue why. Personally, I just don't care about her one way or the other.

Can't stand Jennifer Lopez, though. So I guess we all have a person who drives us nuts.
Can't stand her either. Seriously DISLIKE her as well.

They both just come across in interviews as ... fake. Nothing sincere about either of them.

Back to the topic ...

Did anyone see Inception?! OMGness ... friggin' awesome flick! Love Chris Nolan :D

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Earth2Mama wrote: Did anyone see Inception?! OMGness ... friggin' awesome flick! Love Chris Nolan :D
Yes yes and hell yes. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I went to see it with my brothers yesterday, and it blew my mind with the sheer awesomeness of it. I think my oldest brother is in love with it. I'm going to see it again tonight with my wife. It was that awesome. And although it was long as fuck, and I'm not entirely sure if I liked the ending, I felt like the movie was very well acted, I loved all the characters, and the special effects were very tasteful, and didn't overshadow the movie the way some special effects tend to. I'm also glad that it wasn't in 3D.

All in all I thought it was pure brilliance.

~Chad~
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

RosDude wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote: Did anyone see Inception?! OMGness ... friggin' awesome flick! Love Chris Nolan :D
Yes yes and hell yes. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I went to see it with my brothers yesterday, and it blew my mind with the sheer awesomeness of it. I think my oldest brother is in love with it. I'm going to see it again tonight with my wife. It was that awesome. And although it was long as fuck, and I'm not entirely sure if I liked the ending, I felt like the movie was very well acted, I loved all the characters, and the special effects were very tasteful, and didn't overshadow the movie the way some special effects tend to. I'm also glad that it wasn't in 3D.

All in all I thought it was pure brilliance.

~Chad~
I went to see if with my mom and my brother. I didn't even notice how long it was ... I was that engrossed! I totally get where you are coming from with the special effects, nowadays - it seems as if everything is done in CGI or some other form and lets not forget that every movie released this past year has been issued in both 2D and 3D :roll: I'm quite sick to death with that.

Definitely didn't like the ending - felt it was left open and for us, the audience, to decide what happened. Grrrr ... kinda pissed me off.

Other than that ... AWESOME! Definitely will be on my list of movies to pick up when it comes out on DVD.

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I had a really bad day today and I was feeling old,tired and wore out.And so I did the exact same thing I do every time I feel that way.

I dug out my Goonies movie and watched it! I don't know what it is about that movie? It's been over twenty five years but when I watch that movie I feel like a kid back in the 80's again!

And yes I'll admit I'm old enough to be able to say I watched it at the movies when it came out.I had such a HUGE crush on Andy and all her long red hair :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:I had a really bad day today and I was feeling old,tired and wore out.And so I did the exact same thing I do every time I feel that way.

I dug out my Goonies movie and watched it! I don't know what it is about that movie? It's been over twenty five years but when I watch that movie I feel like a kid back in the 80's again!

And yes I'll admit I'm old enough to be able to say I watched it at the movies when it came out.I had such a HUGE crush on Andy and all her long red hair :lol:
I just saw the Goonies house again last month. My dad lives in the town where it was filmed. Goonies, Kindergarten Cop, Free Willy, The Ring 2. For such a small dinky little town a lot of movies end up getting filmed there.