Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: Movie discussions

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:As a way to get my mind off my wonderful day my friend is taking me out to see the New Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Anyone know if it's any good? I'm a little afraid to see it without Robert England.
Oh I can't say how much I hate RE-MAKES! Ugh. From what I've heard though ... it's decent.

Let me know what you think.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Earth2Mama wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:As a way to get my mind off my wonderful day my friend is taking me out to see the New Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Anyone know if it's any good? I'm a little afraid to see it without Robert England.
Oh I can't say how much I hate RE-MAKES! Ugh. From what I've heard though ... it's decent.

Actually it was pretty good. They changed enough so it was like watching a whole new movie. Although now I really want to rewatch the original, because I realize that I don't remember anything from the first one. However, I gotta say that the best part of the trip was the Big Libowski's. Deep fried pickles with ranch dressing. Way better than an ordinary theater where you get popcorn.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

valentinebaby wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote:

Actually it was pretty good. They changed enough so it was like watching a whole new movie. Although now I really want to rewatch the original, because I realize that I don't remember anything from the first one. However, I gotta say that the best part of the trip was the Big Libowski's. Deep fried pickles with ranch dressing. Way better than an ordinary theater where you get popcorn.
The one thing I always remember about the original Nightmare was that it had a very young Johnny Depp in it :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote: The one thing I always remember about the original Nightmare was that it had a very young Johnny Depp in it :lol:
Did you realize it was his first movie? We were debating on it in the car on our way over there, and I imdbed it when we got home and sure enough it was. So crazy.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

valentinebaby wrote:
killjoy wrote: The one thing I always remember about the original Nightmare was that it had a very young Johnny Depp in it :lol:
Did you realize it was his first movie? We were debating on it in the car on our way over there, and I imdbed it when we got home and sure enough it was. So crazy.
And the bad part is I'm old enough to remember when it came out :oops: My parents wouldn't let me go see it but a friend got a hold of video copy and we watched it.i don't think we slept at all that night :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:
And the bad part is I'm old enough to remember when it came out :oops: My parents wouldn't let me go see it but a friend got a hold of video copy and we watched it.i don't think we slept at all that night :lol:
Are you kidding me. The first time I saw that movie I laughed the only movie that ever creeped me out that bad was Jeepers Creepers. I swear to god I like flinched at every noise I heard that night.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I was only just a little kid when I first watched it :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:Well I was only just a little kid when I first watched it :lol:
I was just thinking to myself when did that movie come out anyways and how old are you. Don't worry I won't ask you to tell, but I did look up the release date. Turns out it came out the year I was born. Kinda cool.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Just got back from seeing Ironman 2.....it freaking ROCKED!!

And they even played AC/DC songs thru the whole movie....that also ROCKED!!
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Has anyone seen any of the new releases lately?
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11