Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lover of Metallica
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Movie discussions

Post by Lover of Metallica »

I absolutely loved Inception!!! Any kinds of movies delving into the mind or space and time I really like.

But a funny thing happened when I went to see Inception: Everything was going great, I'm totally focused on the movie (revelling in Leonardo DiCaprio's dark character, barely containing myself in the presence of Tom Hardy's oozing English sexuality :oops: , and admiring the way Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks in a suit 8) , among other things). We're at the scene when the train suddenly starts plowing down the middle of the street and then...THE SCREEN GOES BLACK!!!! The movie just stops cold! :!: :!: :shock: I was beyond pissed as I barely kept my voice at an inside level when I shouted "WHAT!!" and gaped at the screen like fish. :x Turned out there was some stupid tornado warning (like anyone cared about that). And on top of that, they said they wouldn't be able to start the movie right where it cut off :( ......I know, right! But they did get it to start there and they gave us free admission tickets for any other movie so it worked out :D but that was still like, my all time worse movie theater experience! :roll:
Still, we ravage the world that we love/ And the millions cry out to be saved
Our endless maniacal appetite/ Left us with another way to die
It's just another way to die/ Can we repent in time?
--Another Way To Die by Disturbed
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Despite all of the controversy surrounding the book, I Am Number Four, I bought the book, as well as saw the movie today and I must admit that I loved it. Thought it was awesome and Alex Pettyfer is soooo hot! I really wanted him to portray Jace in the film version of the Mortal Instruments Series. I think he would have been kick ass as Jace.

Anyway, I haven’t read the book yet, so I don’t know how true the movie is to the book, but I couldn’t help but feel that there was someone involved in the movie (and possibly the book) that watched Roswell at least once. There were quite a few similarities that made me go hmmm. I’ve been noticing that lately with a lot of Sci Fi/Fantasy books and movies. I guess authors/studio people recognize that Roswell had a lot of the elements and potential that makes great books/tv series/movies. It’s such a shame that the direction, writing and possibly rumored politics of the show caused its downfall.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

So true ... so true about Roswell.

I've got the e-book for "I Am Number Four" and I'll read hopefully sometime soon. Definitely before I go to see the movie though. I'm funny that way. Must read book first, then compare/contrast to the movie. It will be interesting to see if there are any or a few parallels between the book and movie.

One thing that pisses me off the most is when the movie is drastically different from the book ... then it's a movie that's not not based on a book. In my opinion, it's o.k. to change character names. However, you cannot change the plot.

I'm telling you ... it pisses me off when directors/studios/producers/writers change fundamental things that totally change the face of the story that was being told. It puts me off from watching anything that had once been a book then.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

So sometime in 2012, the movie industry is planning on doing an Avengers movie. Which is why there's been the sudden spike in comic book movies, at least so I've been told...

Anyways in preparation for this The Amazing Spider Man has been announced. Now you would assume they'd just leave it alone considering how successful the Spider Man movies were and the fact the last one is only four years old, or if they really really want to mess with it, add a fourth. But no in the spirit of the Avengers, they want a remake closer to the comic books. Does it really matter?

With this comes recasting...which means Toby Maguire will not be coming back to the big screen as Peter Parker. I don't know if I can watch with someone else beneath the spidey suit. After hearing this sad sad news I decided to look it up to be sure, and indeed the information is correct. Sad times.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

^^ Oh this has been talked about quite a lot over at E! Online. I read their gossip news almost daily and The Amazing Spider-Man is supposed to focus on Spidey's high school days. The actress who starred in the teen comedy Easy A has been cast to portray Gwen Stacy and she dyed her hair blonde for the character's portrayal. The movie is almost done filming from my understanding. The British actor cast to replace Tobey MaGuire was in the movie The Social Network, I think his name is Andrew Garfield, and he's also BFF's with Robert Pattinson in real life. Both Tobey and Sam Raimi who directed all 3 Spider Man movies are out, as well as Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane. So it's more of a prequel, in that they decided to focus on Spider-man's high school years and his romancing Gwen Stacy. We shall see...

I know I can't wait for Thor which opens this upcoming weekend, he is one of the character's that will be featured in The Avenger's movie which just started filming last week.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You can't watch a new Spidy movie just becouse Toby isn't in it? Sorry but I can watch any Spidy movie any time not matter who is in it!

I'm going to show my age here..... :oops: ....but I can easily remember the Live Spiderman TV show from the 70's :oops: :lol: :oops:

For those of you who don't remember...or wasn't even alive than :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUcktiQxC9Q
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote: I'm going to show my age here..... :oops: ....but I can easily remember the Live Spiderman TV show from the 70's :oops: :lol: :oops:
Oh that looks lame...like one of those buddy cop shows. Please tell me it didn't do the whole pow bang thing that Batman did. Although it's still amusing to watch those from time to time.

No honestly though...Toby made the perfect Peter Parker he really did. And in my head he's Spider Man. It's just going to be hard to adjust.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

So excited!!! I'm going to be one of the first people to see Super 8 in IMAX because AMC is releasing it a day early. Bought my tix already, and eagerly awaiting my free mini poster and popcorn. And wha? it's not midnight so I don't have to get out of the theater 'til 2am? 10:45am BABY! BOOYAH!
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

I'm not jealous.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

:twisted:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother