Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

I just saw Monster in Law and on a 1-10 scale, I give it a 3.
First her & Vartan have NO chemistry at all. Then her personality in the movie to me is too far a strecth for her. I am a fan and i hated her in this movie. She seemed fake and like she was acting. Being this sweet innocent girl did not come natural to her. Jane Fonda was a funny nut job in the movie but the best character by far was Wanda Sikes.

Anyways...that is my 2 cents.
jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jojotheorange »

the last movie i saw was wedding crashers which was the funniest thing in the world. i also saw Batman Begins which i think in my own mind was the best Batman movie ever.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Lady_vixen wrote:I just saw Monster in Law and on a 1-10 scale, I give it a 3.
First her & Vartan have NO chemistry at all. Then her personality in the movie to me is too far a strecth for her. I am a fan and i hated her in this movie. She seemed fake and like she was acting. Being this sweet innocent girl did not come natural to her. Jane Fonda was a funny nut job in the movie but the best character by far was Wanda Sikes.

Anyways...that is my 2 cents.
HaHa, I just rented that and 'Ring Two' last weekend and was thinking the same thing about Vartan and J-Lo :lol: Jane Fonda and Wanda Sykes were a funny pair and both were scene stealers that's for sure :lol:
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Hey guys I just rented "Million Dollar Baby" since it has gotten so much hype and won I dont know how many Oscars..

The film was great if you want to cry your eyes out and feel depressed for a while after watching it.. although some parts were really really sweet and made me go awww...

Over all I wouldnt watch it again....ONLY because of the depression factor.

Clint Eastwood was amazing as were Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman.. they deserved the Oscars I think.. ok Im done now...lol
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

The Ring Two

I wasn’t a big fan of the first Ring because I just thought it was more weird then scary, but the second one had to be the worst horror or terror, whatever it’s classified as, movie that I have ever seen in my life.

The mother was just unbelievable. She did almost everything that any normal person would never do if they were in her situation. There was no way she should have been aloud to have a child. I mean come on! I don’t want to go into specifics for anyone that hasn’t seen the movie, but if you have, and you agree with me then I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. It was bad enough that the little boy called her Rachel, but it was like he was the adult and she was the child.

I also had a problem with the ending. To me it was like there was no real ending. Not to mention it completely negated the ending of the first one. All-in-all, to me this movie totally sucked.

Sin City

It really pissed me off too, because my friends who went to the theater to see it said that it was good. Let me say first of all that I have never read the comic book so I may be missing something but the move was just plane weird. As far as the story went it was not all that hard to fallow, but there were two problems I had with it.

I have no idea who Josh Hartnett’s character was or why he was even in the movie. There is one more thing that I didn’t like about the movie but I don’t want to give anything away for anyone that hasn’t seen it. Let’s just leave it at I didn’t like how hard it was to kill certain people. A major let down.

The Wedding Date

I had the pleasure of having to see this because my girlfriend wanted to.

Let’s just come out and say it. Dermot Mulroney’ character was a man-whore. He might as well have been a male prostitute. And what’s even worse was that everyone in the movie was a jack ass except for the sister’s fiancé. He was funny.

Also, Mulroney has this huge cut on his lip that I couldn’t stop staring at. That doesn’t really have anything to do with the movie, but it was highly distracting.

The Island

Whoever wrote this movie had a good idea but didn’t think it out well enough. It wasn’t just one of those movies were the bad guys couldn’t shoot, it was ten times worse. There were at least ten times in the movie were the main characters should have been dead. My favorite was the car accident that split the car in half perfectly to the point were the main characters were not hurt a bit.

But even putting the miraculousness aside there was still so many things that were touched on but never answered. It wasn’t the worst movie that I have seen in a while but it certainly wasn’t the best.
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

RosDude, I totally agree with you on The Ring Two and Sin City. I haven't seen the other two movies yet but you were right on the money about The Ring Two and Sin City.

Also, has anyone seen Crash? I just want some reviews before I buy it.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

The Wedding Date was a little bla for me. However i really like Dermot Mulroney . I loved him in my Best Friends Wedding.
Last edited by Lady_vixen on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

behrlyliz wrote:RosDude, I totally agree with you on The Ring Two and Sin City. I haven't seen the other two movies yet but you were right on the money about The Ring Two and Sin City.

Also, has anyone seen Crash? I just want some reviews before I buy it.
IMHO, Crash was a very good, emotional, gripping movie. I saw it twice at the theater and I ordered the DVD from my DVD club. It deals with alot of racial stereotyping, but it took place over about 36 hours in a day, and all the characters are interconnected in some way or fashion. There are many scene's in this movie that will make your heart practically stop! I highly recommend watching it :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

FSUMSW94 Thanks for the info on crash. I have been wanting to check it out.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Lady_vixen wrote:The Wedding Date was a little bla for me but, I think Dermot Mulroney is hot...... Scar and all. I loved him in my Best Friends Wedding.
I am in *complete* agreement with you. I went to see it in theaters, and it was a cute idea over all, but, I don't know, I think it moved just a little too fast paced for me. Does that make any sense?

But, yeah, I've had a major crush on Dermot ever since. -hehe!!-

RosDude - yeah, I agree with you on "Sin City". I mean, I liked it, but it was a little odd. Over all, I thought it was a pretty good movie, but just a little odd for my taste. And who the heck *was* Josh? I didn't get that either...anywho...

Anyone see "The Skeleton Key"? I saw it when it came out in theaters...It was good. I don't really understand...I can't remember what it was called, but it was like voodoo...Hoodoo? Did I make that up? Anyway...It dealt with that.

It's an interesting movie, and the ending was something I hadn't expected at all. I don't know if I'd ever sit down and watch it again, but I thought it was decent.

*shrug* Enough with my ramblings. :)

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party