Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Movie discussions

Post by RosDude »

Okay. I saw Twilight with my wife and some of our friends at the midnight showing when it first came out. And to tell you the truth I have to go see it again to say if I liked it or not. All I can really remember about the movie is being really annoyed. Here is why.

F***ING Teenyboppers!.
They were annoying as hell. They talked through the whole damn movie. They laughed at just about every thing Edward said. Especially the Spider Monkey thing. And my wife was pissed because they laughed and catcalled during the kissing scene. So we’re waiting until it’s been out longer to go see it again, Hopefully there will be less people.

I will say three things about the movie though. One: The guy that played Jasper rocked! He reminded me a lot of Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorhands. Two: I really liked the baseball game. And three: What the hell was up with Billy?

~Chad~
DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerM&L »

I went to watch twilight when it first came out which was on Fri 19 Dec here in UK
I loved it!!!
it was amazing!! and have to agree the guy who played Jasper was really good... as was the baseball scene
i especially loved the music to that scene it fitted perfectly!!
i am so gonna go watch it again tomorrow!! :D
Liz:Forever may only be twelve days...

Max:Then we'll take those twelve days...and we'll live twelve life times.

Robert Pattinson is My own personal brand of Heroin
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

DreamerM&L wrote:I went to watch twilight when it first came out which was on Fri 19 Dec here in UK
I loved it!!!
it was amazing!! and have to agree the guy who played Jasper was really good... as was the baseball scene
i especially loved the music to that scene it fitted perfectly!!
i am so gonna go watch it again tomorrow!! :D
Yeah!

I just watched it on the big screen A COUPLE OF hours ago today and I am dizzy after seeing Edward Cullen's diamond skin! :shock: I LOVED IT!

I would so watch it again. :D
POM

Post by POM »

I've never seen it on the 'Big Screen' just on my computer. :( no body wanted to go with me to see it, so I just steamed it from my computer. Well, soon enough it will be out on DVD anyways--I just hope they have special features--that's the only reason why I buy DVD's. :lol:

<3 POM <3

I'm kinda obessed with 'Twilight' :lol:
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Well, thanks to me that I got 2 of my good friends from uni hooked on Twlight and now they want my Edward Cullen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both of them are just as obsessed now with twilight and not to mention my Edward. :lol: lol.

I've seen it more then once and POM don't you worry. You're not the only one who saw it online. I'm guessing you saw it on youtube. Someone put it there :shock:
POM

Post by POM »

Hunter wrote:Well, thanks to me that I got 2 of my good friends from uni hooked on Twlight and now they want my Edward Cullen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both of them are just as obsessed now with twilight and not to mention my Edward. :lol: lol.

I've seen it more then once and POM don't you worry. You're not the only one who saw it online. I'm guessing you saw it on youtube. Someone put it there :shock:
No actually I streamed it online--then I downloaded the entire movie, then I converted the file and it's now forever on my iPOD! :D :D ( I'm so bad!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: I have some twilight videos on youtube, you can see them by clicking my siggie!! :D

<3 POM <3
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Okay the two movies I really want to see are Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. When I first heard what Slumdog Millionaire was about I was like...what? really? But I've heard nothing but good thinks and the trailer looks really good. And a lot of people have told me that Benjamin Button was awesome. But SM is only playing at one place where I live, and BB is playing at crappy times that I can't go to.

~Chad~
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

RosDude wrote:Okay the two movies I really want to see are Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. When I first heard what Slumdog Millionaire was about I was like...what? really? But I've heard nothing but good thinks and the trailer looks really good. And a lot of people have told me that Benjamin Button was awesome. But SM is only playing at one place where I live, and BB is playing at crappy times that I can't go to.

~Chad~
Slumdog Millionaire is the best film I've seen in a long time :D !!

I can't believe it only has limited release in the US - it's just won 5 Critics' Choice awards, 4 Golden Globes, 7 BAFTAs (of the 11 it was nominated for) and is nominated for 10 Oscars, yet only a small proportion of the US public are able to go and see it :(. I don't live in a massive city (population here is about 400,000), but there are 5 cinemas showing the movie within a 5-mile radius of my apartment, with several showings per day at each theatre!!
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Heavenli24 wrote:
RosDude wrote:Okay the two movies I really want to see are Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. When I first heard what Slumdog Millionaire was about I was like...what? really? But I've heard nothing but good thinks and the trailer looks really good. And a lot of people have told me that Benjamin Button was awesome. But SM is only playing at one place where I live, and BB is playing at crappy times that I can't go to.

~Chad~

I can't believe it only has limited release in the US - it's just won 5 Critics' Choice awards, 4 Golden Globes, 7 BAFTAs (of the 11 it was nominated for) and is nominated for 10 Oscars, yet only a small proportion of the US public are able to go and see it :(. I don't live in a massive city (population here is about 400,000), but there are 5 cinemas showing the movie within a 5-mile radius of my apartment, with several showings per day at each theatre!!
OMG I really want to see this movie too!! Chad we should so go do that next weekend!!!
POM

Post by POM »

Heavenli24 wrote:

~Chad~

I don't go to the movies that often...even though I could. Over here in southern California-- the I.E. Valley, there are theaters that play independent films, the main theater is called: Laemmle Theaters and they play a mixture of box office hits and Independent films.

I should really go see Slumbog Millionaire before it's not there anymore. I also want to go see Benjamin Buttons...but it's too long to sit there for 3 hours. I'll wait till it gets on DVD!! :)

Some really great movies came out this past year. But the last movie I saw was Bride Wars. :)

<3 POM <3