Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

I finally say Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightly.

I LOVED it. lol. I thought Mr. Darcy could have been better looking, but then he fell in love with Elizabeth and got all pathetically cute, and I just love him now!

It was a great movie. hehe. Liked it bunches. :)

And that's all!

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I saw a French-Canadian film with my friend on Friday. It was called CRAZY. I recommend it for you fans of films with subtitles. ;) It was told from the point of view of the 4th son (there were 5 sons in total). It was a coming of age film that starts out on Christmas 1960.

Here's the imdb summary:

It's a story of two love affairs. A father's love for his five sons. And one son's love for his father, a love so strong it compels him to live a lie. That son is Zac Beaulieu, born on the 25th of December 1960, different from all his brothers, but desperate to fit in. During the next 20 years, life takes Zac on a surprising and unexpected journey that ultimately leads him to accept his true nature and, even more importantly, leads his father to love him for who he really is. A mystical fable about a modern-day Christ-like figure, "C.R.A.Z.Y" exudes the beauty, the poetry and the madness of the human spirit in all its contradictions.

Very funny and very touching.
<center>Image</center>
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

I saw Inside Man this weekend. First of all, take all my praise with a grain of salt because I’m biased towards just about anything with Jodie Foster in it.

I loved the movie, as I knew I would. I loved that all the cops had personalities. Usually in these hostage movies the only people with any personality are the hostage takers, and the cop/negotiator that’s responsible for taking them down.

This is somewhat irrelevant but, I loved the music in the movie. It was…very Spike Lee. Lol

I had a love hate relationship with the thinking aspect of the movie. Basically, I was expecting to see a movie that made me think, therefore I over thought everything. So when the truth was reveled and didn’t fit into my overanalyzed take on the situation I was a bit upset about the simplicity, and at the same time intrigued by it. Like I said, loved it, hated it.

Some parts were a bit on the confusing side, and I think some of the lose ends could have been tied up a bit better, but all in all it was an excellent movie.

Next on my movie agenda is Stay Alive. I’m interested in the concept of this movie, being the video game junkie that I am, but I also have an aversion to movies like this, seeing as how they tend to suck. Has anyone seen it?
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

Just seen a trailer for 'Rent' and it looks amazing. I saw a trailer for it at the end of last year and thought it looked good but I couldn't find anything out about it so I thought it had come out and I'd missed it but apparently it's not out for another few weeks. I love the music they had playing in the trailer.
I saw a trailer for 'Tristan and Isolde' for the first time the other day and now I really want to go see that. It looks brilliant and since I'm a huge Evanescence fan I loved the fact that they had one of their songs playing during the trailer. And can I just say, James Franco? Yeah, baby! :lol: I loved him in the Spiderman films and he looks even better here.
Can anyone tell me what 'Silent Hill' is like? It looks good but I don't like horror films if there's a lot of gore in them.
Someone asked about favourite films, mine are: The Warriors, The Notebook and Serenity.
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Just seen a trailer for 'Rent' and it looks amazing. I saw a trailer for it at the end of last year and thought it looked good but I couldn't find anything out about it so I thought it had come out and I'd missed it but apparently it's not out for another few weeks. I love the music they had playing in the trailer.
I have it the DVD, lol. Where do you live? It came out in the States in December. And it's absolutely amazing. I could go on and on and on about it, but I'm afraid I would bore people. Suffice to say, I loved it. And the trailer was what convinced me to go see it, too. I felt all tingly every time I heard Seasons of Love and Finale B.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

I live in Britain so except in rare cases films come out over here months and months after they were out in America. It's especially annoying in this case since they showed a trailer in december for some unknown reason so I thought 'Rent' was about to come out and got all excited because the trailer made it look like a great film. :roll:
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Ah, that's not fun. Well, it is a great film if you're into musicals, and I hope you go see it when it gets to you. Oh, and the cast is in my Signature. Bennie, Roger, Mimi, Joanne, Mark, Maureen, Angel and Collins. :D
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

roswellrox wrote:I'm thinking about going to see The Hills Have Eyes, has anyone seen it? Is it any good?
I saw The Hills Have Eyes maybe, a week and a half ago. I really liked it. So gory and bloody, just how I like my scary movies. Just a note though, if you have seen the original, the new one follows it, but adds more. In my opinion, the new one is so much better than the original one.

On another note, I finally saw Brokeback Mountain. And it was so good, I think that the end just got me. What a sad way to live your life. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

RosDude wrote:I saw Inside Man this weekend. First of all, take all my praise with a grain of salt because I’m biased towards just about anything with Jodie Foster in it.

I loved the movie, as I knew I would. I loved that all the cops had personalities. Usually in these hostage movies the only people with any personality are the hostage takers, and the cop/negotiator that’s responsible for taking them down.

This is somewhat irrelevant but, I loved the music in the movie. It was…very Spike Lee. Lol

I had a love hate relationship with the thinking aspect of the movie. Basically, I was expecting to see a movie that made me think, therefore I over thought everything. So when the truth was reveled and didn’t fit into my overanalyzed take on the situation I was a bit upset about the simplicity, and at the same time intrigued by it. Like I said, loved it, hated it.

Some parts were a bit on the confusing side, and I think some of the lose ends could have been tied up a bit better, but all in all it was an excellent movie.
i also saw inside man last week... i personally thought it was brilliant.

The actors all played their parts well and the script was really well thought out in my opinion. I didn't think there were many tied ends, if any at all, but i have the creativity of a walnut so... hehe

i have to say... i didn't understand the music, the whole bollywood styled tunes (at least i think they were bollywood) just didn't seem to fit in

also, i was dying to see the hills have eyes both because it has Emile in it and because its a horror movie, which i adore, but u know what?
in Australia its R[18]+ ... which means lil ol' me at 15 won't get to see it for at least another 6 months...

for those of you who have seen it, is it really that gory to deserve that high a rating??
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

I went to see Silent Hill last night and I have to say that no other movie has ever freaked me out like that one did. Movies generally don't scare me but the effects audio/visual were amazing, at least in my opnion and I absolutely loved it!

-Cyn -
<center>Image