Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I recently saw Memoirs of a Geisha and was impressed. I really enjoyed this movie and it was directed by the same person (Rob Marshall) who directed Chicago and I really loved that movie too :D

I also saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and it was really great. I wasn't that excited about seeing it at first, because I am not familiar with the books, but I took my nephew and really enjoyed it :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Lady_vixen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lady_vixen »

Last week I saw Fun with Dick & Jane. Overall I would give the movie a C. It had some REALLY funny parts but they dragged it on too long. I think it was or close to 2 hrs. I am a big fan if Jim Carey and she ( cant think of her name) was hilarious. The ending was a little predictable for my taste.

Also I rented Into the Blue. Jessica Alba makes you want to run to the gym. As for the movie :lol: It was pretty good. It kept me interested. The underwater scenes were way cool.
Last edited by Lady_vixen on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I saw Brokeback Mountain this afternoon, and it was a packed theater! The movie was good IMO, and Heath Ledger was great. I don't really like him as an actor, so that's saying a lot for me. I did love Jake Gylenhaal (sp) though. It's worth checking out overall. I know it has been nominated for alot of awards. :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
hks_bsb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hks_bsb »

I just went to see "Tristan and Isolde" today and I loved it! I was told it was a book series also. Anyway I thought it was fantastic, but sorta gorey. Did anyone see it?

~Hannah~
Whats so great about normal???

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roswell_Dreamers/

*Kaylee & Simon* *Keria & Lewis* *Michael and Sarah*
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I saw Tristan and Isolde, too! I thought it was amazing. I thought the actors did a great job, and I think I have a bit of a crush on James Franco. :lol: He looked good in this movie.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
hks_bsb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hks_bsb »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:I saw Tristan and Isolde, too! I thought it was amazing. I thought the actors did a great job, and I think I have a bit of a crush on James Franco. :lol: He looked good in this movie.
I thought James was cute in Spiderman, but oh my goodness, with that hair as Tristan! WOW! He looked amazing! I loved him most when he was upset. I know that sounds terrible, but something about the way he looked when he was really angery and when he had tears in his eyes. I think in this movie he really proved he was a much better actor than when he was in Spiderman simply because this was his movie. Do you think he looks anything like Hayden Christensen? I don't know why but they seem to remind me of each other, either in voice, looks or characteristics, I'm not sure???

~Hannah~
Whats so great about normal???

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roswell_Dreamers/

*Kaylee & Simon* *Keria & Lewis* *Michael and Sarah*
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

hks_bsb wrote:I thought it was fantastic, but sorta gorey. Did anyone see it?

~Hannah~
Ahh, but the goriness was the best part. I personally thought that the fight scenes were awesome, and well choreographed. I also liked that the movie was equally balanced in plot as well as in romance.
hks_bsb wrote:I was told it was a book series also.
Tristan and Isolde is not really a book series so much as an old somewhat Arthurian tale (Depends on what version) that has many versions. The book is extremely ridiculous really, and unrealistic. It is actually about two people that are under a love spell. Tristan was also a lot more ruthless, and Mark a lot more naïve.

The movie version was actually better in my opinion, although there are some things that take place in the book that I would have liked to see happen in the movie, but all in all the movie was way better, at least it was better than the version of the book that I read.
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

[quote="hks_bsb"]I just went to see "Tristan and Isolde" today and I loved it! I was told it was a book series also. Anyway I thought it was fantastic, but sorta gorey. Did anyone see it?

~Hannah~[/quote]

My sister and I just went and saw it today! And it was so good! i think the movie was just perfect!!! I would recommend it to anyone!!

<3 Tay
Last edited by Maxssoulmate on Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Tristan and Isolde was definitely one of the best movies ever!

Did anyone else think that they guy that played Melot was totally HOT!! God when him and Tristan were in the scene together I didn’t know where to look from the hotness overload.
Last edited by CandyDreamQueen on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Do you think he looks anything like Hayden Christensen? I don't know why but they seem to remind me of each other, either in voice, looks or characteristics, I'm not sure???
It's funny that you say that. I was thinking about the movie a little while after I saw it, and I kept picturing Hayden instead of James. Then I thought, wait... that's not right. :lol: It's the pout. The to-die-for pout. Oh, and the hair.
Did anyone else think that they guy that played Melot was totally HOT!! God when him and Tristan were in the scene together I didn’t know where to look from the hotness overload.

Hotness overload! I like that! Yes, he was very hot, but to me he didn't command the attention like James Franco did. Everytime Tristan was onscreen, I wanted to look at him. And I did. :lol: I liked when the little boy faded into him. I actually said 'Ooooh, now that's more like it,' out loud. I didn't realize it 'till my friends started laughing, lol. :oops:
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>