Computer Error - Triplicate Posting

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

MorningStar
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Computer Error - Triplicate Posting

Post by MorningStar »

Hello,
Last night I was trying to post a new chapter for my fanfiction. The site seemed to be lagging for me, and I would receive an error message after the action eventually timed out. Finally, it seemed to go through and I got to the page which states that the post needs to be approved by an admin first etc.

Later when I went to check to see if it was updated, I found that multiple posts of the same chapter had appeared. I want to know how I can remove the duplicates?

Thanks,
MorningStar
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream." - Willy Wonka
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Re: Computer Error - Triplicate Posting

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

They've already been removed, but in the future, if you check the top of each post, there should be a row of icons offering you options to edit or delete.

KK
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
MorningStar
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MorningStar »

Thank you! The only icons I had seen at the top of the post were for edit, report and quote. The edit option was not allowing me to delete. I'll try to be more cautious about this in the future.

Thanks again!
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream." - Willy Wonka
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Don't worry about it - double/triple posting can happen quite often. I also sometimes find the site is slow to submit posts... sometimes it will still be trying to load the submitted post page, but you might find that if you open the forum in a new window, your post has actually already registered and has loaded.

Also, I've noticed that the option to delete a post will go away after a certain period of time, leaving only the edit or quote option available, so if you want to delete a post it's best to try doing it as soon after you posted it as possible.