Archive Trouble

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jen C
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Archive Trouble

Post by Jen C »

I am having trouble getting a story to show all the way. It is Too Soon by Cermel. I get to the bottom of the page, and it cuts off in the middle of a sentence. I have tried clearing my cache and cookies. I have even tried using IE. I use Firefox. Are there any other suggestions?

Jen
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Archive Trouble

Post by begonia9508 »

I've got the whole story after searching RoswellFanatics in "search".... I'm sorry but I don't know what the problem is...
I give you here my way of getting the whole story:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=505

Hope it can help you! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Jen C
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jen C »

I appreciate your link Eve. That is where I linked to the first part of the story from. I even tried to go to the main archive, and open it that way. However, it doesn't work for me. I get stuck hanging in the middle of a sentence.

Thanks for trying though.

Jen
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

I'm seeing the entire story at that link. Maybe try refreshing and logging out, then back in?
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

I have the same problem...

It says that the archived part is supposed to cover through chapter 85 and when I click on the link the header says it includes part 85 but when I scroll to the bottom I get a break in chapter 71:
I would have had this out sooner but I just started reading Mockingbird39's "Innocent" Amazing! I took a break though, to write you this. Enjoy : )

Part 71

“Merry Christmas, Max.” Liz spoke, breaking the silence that had filled the car on their drive home.

Max glanced at her, surprised. “I completely forgot.”

“I think everyone did. Do you think we could go to my house for a while with Josie. Then we can spend time with Isabel when she gets home later. My parents would be furious if I didn’t come home at all on Christmas.”

Max nodded. “Of course.” He turned the car around and headed back in the direction of the Café.

The family walked into the back door of the Parker’s apartment. Jeff and Jo came to greet them.

“How is she?” Jo asked immediately, picking up her granddaughter for a hello kiss.

“She’s going to be ok. They’re releasing her today but she’ll be bedridden for a few weeks.”

“I’m sorry, Max.” Jeff said sincerely. He could only nod.

“So,” Jo started, her voice brightening the mood, “do you know what today is young lady?” She asked Jo Beth. The little girl shook her head, her pigtails whipping her and her grandmother in the face. Josie giggled. Jo smiled. “It’s Christmas!”

“Christmas!” Josie cried. “Pwesents?”

“Christmas is about a lot more that presents.” Jeff said.

Josie looked at him quizzically. “Like what?”

“Like what! Lots of things!” Jeff exclaimed, taking his granddaughter in his arms. He turned and walked her towards the living room. “No presents until you know.”

The other three laughed as they walked away. “Good luck keeping her from the presents.” Max called down the hallway.

“What time is Isabel going home?”

“Late this afternoon, they were thinking around 3 or 4.” Max replied.

“So we have you until then?” Jo asked.

“Yeah, mom.” Liz replied, relieved. She wasn’t sure how her parents would react to hardly seeing her on Christmas. But they were reasonable people. They would understand the circumstances.

“Well, good. We have lots of time.” She smiled and then headed towards the living room.

Max turned to Liz. His thumb rubbed her the stone of her ring. “You ready?”

“More then.” Liz replied, going up on her toes to kiss him. “Let’s go.”

They made they way into the family room. Jeff was sitting on the couch with Josie in his lap. He was about to start telling the little girl the story of Christmas again. He’d told her a year before, but didn’t really expect her to remember.

“Daddy, hold on just a second.” Liz interrupted him. Max sat in the oversized chair, Liz in his lap. “We have something to tell you.” She turned to look at her fiancé. He gave her an encouraging smile.

“What is it, Lizzie?”

“Well,” she turned to her parents, “we’re engaged.” She would have said they were getting married, but that was a given. Everyone knew they were but they hadn’t technically been engaged until now.

“We just wanted to make it official.” Max said, feeling the need to add something.

Smiles crossed her parent’s faces. “Congratulations, honey.” Jo said, she crossed the room to give her daughter a hug.

Jeff nodded in agreement. “Congratulations, Lizzie. You too, Max.”

“Thank you.” Max said, he couldn’t hold back the enormous grin that crossed his face. They’d accepted him, fully. They made no objection what so ever.

Liz moved to hug her father. “Thank you, Daddy.”

“So, were you thinking after college?” Jo asked.

“Oh.” Liz turned to look at Max. There was always a catch; they knew it had been too easy. “Actually, we wanted to get married next month.”

“What!” Jeff shouted. He stopped, looking down at Josie who starred up at him with wide eyes. He took a deep breath before continuing. “That’s insane. You’re not even going to wait until after high school?”

Liz shook her head. She unconsciously pulled her shoulders back and lifted her chin, preparing herself for battle. Max stood, moving next to her to give support. “No, we’ve decided. We want to be a family as soon as possible.”

Max looked down at her. He knew this would be so much easier for them if they could somehow explain that they knew Liz would be pregnant in April but it wasn’t possible without explaining everything. And that may actually make it worse. Besides, Michael and Isabel would never go for it.

“We want to start our life together as soon as possible. We have our daughter… I want to be able to see her more, to help raise her myself. I care for your daughter more than my own life. I just…” Max didn’t know exactly how to word everything he wanted to say. “I love her, them, and I want to be with them, always.”

Jeff watched the struggle Max was going through putting his feelings into words. It was obvious he loved Liz and Jeff had no doubt that they wo
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

same thing happens to me.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Ah, ok...I see what you're talking about. I have no idea. Apparently the whole thing wasn't included in the original archive for some reason. That archive is about 10 years old, so there's really no way of knowing why the story's not complete or what happened to make it cut off like that. I don't even know what was used to create the original archive and for what reasons it WAS created (board crash? server change?) I know that I've moved the archive a few times, but I've never gone in and done anything to the files because there are SO many. I kind of just leave it alone because I don't want to mess any of it up.

Can you contact the author and maybe ask them to repost the missing parts?