WordPress Help

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

WordPress Help

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi all,

I was wondering if any one could help me with WordPress Please. I'm having a little trouble custimizing to my liking. I plan to post my fiction and other things on my blog.

Please help

Thanks

Courtney

Special thanks too

claudialynn
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: WordPress Help

Post by behrbabe »

I can help you. Is it the template stuff (the coding?)? Or is it graphics? I've been working with WP for 6 years so just let me know what you need. :)
My fanart/cover art rules:
1) I'm a pro freelance webdesigner so I may not be able to get the art to you overnight, fanart is free time hobby stuff.
2) I do this for free because I'm a fan first and I like to help other people. Don't take my generosity for granted or I won't do it anymore.
3) I usually charge extra for more than 3 changes, so that's the limit. A huge deal :)
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

behrbabe wrote:I can help you. Is it the template stuff (the coding?)? Or is it graphics? I've been working with WP for 6 years so just let me know what you need. :)

Hi Behrbabe,

Thank you and I need help need help with both. I was wondering could I change the color of the background and put a pic on it.

Courtney

Special thanks too

claudialynn
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrbabe »

Michelle17 wrote:
behrbabe wrote:I can help you. Is it the template stuff (the coding?)? Or is it graphics? I've been working with WP for 6 years so just let me know what you need. :)

Hi Behrbabe,

Thank you and I need help need help with both. I was wondering could I change the color of the background and put a pic on it.

Courtney
Yep, you can do both. If you're using the main theme - "TwentyTen" - you have to edit the style.css stylesheet in the theme folder. Find the tag like this:

Code: Select all

body, html{
	font-size: 13px;
	margin: 0;
	margin-bottom: 15px;
	background: #BED69C url(images/background.jpg) repeat-x;
}

Of course the above is just an example, it probably won't be EXACTLY the same. There may not even
be a background line so you can just copy mine and paste it into the code. All you have to do after that
is change the # color and the url where the image is, you don't necessarily need the repeat-x element, so you
could just delete it. If you need more help, like explanation of what all of the code means, email me:
angelswings416@yahoo.com
I hope this was of some help to you.
1) I'm a pro freelance webdesigner so I may not be able to get the art to you overnight, fanart is free time hobby stuff.
2) I do this for free because I'm a fan first and I like to help other people. Don't take my generosity for granted or I won't do it anymore.
3) I usually charge extra for more than 3 changes, so that's the limit. A huge deal :)
DreamerAZ
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerAZ »

Hey behrbabe,

I was wondering if you could help me with wordpress for my sites?

Amy
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrbabe »

Sure I can. What do you need help with?
Just PM or email me when you're ready and I'll get back to you right away. :mrgreen:
DreamerAZ
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerAZ »

Thanks behrbabe, I sent you an e-mail. :D