Blacklisted IP

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Blacklisted IP

Post by nibbles2 »

Yesterday, I tried to leave feedback for somebody and I got a message saying my IP had been blacklisted and I couldn't post. I was still able to send pms though. There was a link which I clicked on and that said to wait an hour or two. I did and it's worked fine since. I thought it was my stupid computer but another poster has just posted that they had the same problem happen to them.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Blacklisted IP

Post by begonia9508 »

Don't worry! it's happened to me for approximately one week ago!
I mailed through the Roswell Fanatics at yahoo and the day after I could update again!

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

If you get a message saying you've been blacklisted...it's not because we've banned you. What it means is that your IP has been reported to a global spam reporting organization. If you get this message, you need to contact your internet service provider and let them know they've been reported for spamming and are being blacklisted.

There is nothing we can do about your ISP being blacklisted for spamming.
CrashandBurn8321
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CrashandBurn8321 »

Just so those of you that have Qwest know, they won't do anything. At all. They keep telling me there is nothing that they can do, because they have nothing to do with spamhaus. The only way that they will do anything, is if the "company is unwilling to assist you or remove the IP address from their list". Even though both here, and over at spamhaus, you are told to contact your ISP (if you don't understand what to do on the site).

I DON'T SPEAK COMPUTER GEEK here people. And I don't really feel like learning it.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

The same for me and I made a Norton total control to see if I was spammed and spammed back: O!

Eve
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Yeah, this totally happened to me and freaked me out, but after about two hours, I was able to post normally again.

I took my computer into Geek Squad at Best Buy (I was panicked!) and they told me that I might have been blacklisted because the site thought I was a robot. :lol: I mean, I do type fast and move around pretty fast on this site. But a robot? :lol: You caught me. I'm a robot.

Oh, how ridiculous. I'm writing that one down.

:lol:

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

It's not us that's blocking anyone. This site isn't thinking you're a bot, it's Spamhaus that has your IP listed.

Just want to clear that up. If there were something I could do about this, believe me I would.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I've only had this happen once. All has been well for me lately. :)
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Good deal! If you're lucky, your ISP assigns you a different IP everytime you get online so maybe it won't be a problem most of the time.