Search problems....

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Search problems....

Post by Zanity »

I can't make any searches.... I've tried logging out, clearing my cookies, and even rebooting but it still consistently tells me...
You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Hey Josh:

The site did that to me with posts......

You can't make posts so close together, please try again later. And wouldn't let me post.

Hmmm weird???
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
Bixie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Bixie »

Josh I tried the search and for me it worked, maybe it was a glitch on the board. Try again an see if it works for you now.

And Becky I have no idea about posting, I haven't posted anything today but just this response. If it continues let me know.

Bixie
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Well I went out to get my car fixed and came back and it's working now...

The board usually has a timer that prevents you from searching faster than once every 30 sec or 1 min or something like that but this morning I went a whole half hour of it not letting me search before I got off...

As I usually go directly to the search for newposts when I visit this board it made it kinda hard.

But like I said... working now so no harm no foul.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Could be your session timer got "stuck". Did you try refreshing between search tries? If it happens again, PM me and let me know.
Buddha-boy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Search problems....

Post by Buddha-boy »

I'm a little bit confused. Since the board-change everytime I type in a keyword in the searchwindow I get an incomplete result.
For instance: My keyword is "Kyle" in the "AU with Aliens forum" and I get a result for only three stories there, although there are much more stories in that section which contain the searchword.

I never had any problems with the old board. So either there is something wrong with the search-function, or I'm doing something wrong :lol:

So anybody... please help!
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Buddha-boy wrote:I'm a little bit confused. Since the board-change everytime I type in a keyword in the searchwindow I get an incomplete result.
For instance: My keyword is "Kyle" in the "AU with Aliens forum" and I get a result for only three stories there, although there are much more stories in that section which contain the searchword.

I never had any problems with the old board. So either there is something wrong with the search-function, or I'm doing something wrong :lol:

So anybody... please help!
I'm still rebuilding the search index...there are literally thousands of word posted here...and it might take awhile. Sorry for the wait.
Buddha-boy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Buddha-boy »

Thanks Angel for the quick reply. By the way, the new layout looks nice. Thank you for the wonderful work you constantly do and have done for the board.