On my home computer I've been banned from this site!

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Arianneleigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

On my home computer I've been banned from this site!

Post by Arianneleigh »

I've tried email the mods about this issue twice but I have not recieved a response. I have been a member of this board since 2003 and I have never done anything that warrents being removed from the board. Yet when I go to the site from all three of my home computers I get a message that says "You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information."

Could someone please help me? what is happening? I am on a school computer right now and I am able to log on here and I do not have any pm's that would give any explanation for this at all.

Arianne
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

You have not been banned. There is absolutely no reason why you would be able to log into this board from one computer, yet another says you're banned. Unless you're putting in the wrong user name or password. Even then, it would just tell you they were wrong, not that you were banned.

None of the mods have made your emails known to us, and if you've just emailed them they may not have checked their email yet. I aplogize that no one has answered you.

You could be in a pool of IP addresses of spammers that have been banned. When you go home, find out your IP address then email it to me and I'll see if that's it. angelreneek@gmail.com

To do that, go to your Control Panel and open up your Network Connections. Click once on Local Area Connection and on the left side of the window at the bottom, you'll see your IP address.

If you have a Mac, click on the blue apple then About This Mac. Click on the More Info button, then click on Locations under Network. About halfway down, you'll see your Server Address.

It should look something like this:

Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Nevermind, I looked it up myself. That seems to have been the problem.

When we get different spammers from a pool of IP addresses, we usually ban the whole pool. For instance, your Internet Service Provider assignes IP address that start with 142.165. We got a lot of spammers using that IP address pool, so instead of banning each address individually, we ban the whole set. Most of the time this won't cause problems. But this time, obviously, it overlapped with yours.

Anyway, sorry about that. And in the future, any tech related questions should be directed to me. In Announcements you'll see a list of Admins and Mods and their responsibilities.

If this hasn't solved your problem, please let me know.
Arianneleigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Arianneleigh »

Thank you very much for fixing that for me. Sorry about posting it in the wrong area.

Arianne