Approval. Why?

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Lillmonster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Approval. Why?

Post by Lillmonster »

Why is it that I need approval for everything I post. It doesn't matter if it's feedback for another story or if it's my own that I'm trying to post. Quite frankly it's a bit annoying and I'm thinking about not posting anything more here.
If it was a day or two that would be ok. But not when it takes 2 weeks or more... I mean... If I write feedback on another story I'm doing it because it was something in a chapter that I like. And what good does it make when the writer gets it 2 weeks after.

I can understand if it's needed for the first couple but not after 5, 10 or more. So the question is once again. Why?
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Approval. Why?

Post by Heavenli24 »

I would contact an admin/moderator to find out what's going on, since most people should be able to post freely without needing approval.

It might be that you need approval until you reach a certain number of posts on the forum (i.e. 30 posts), or it might be that your account has been flagged in error and that it turns out you shouldn't be needing approval after all.

Don't let it put you off posting in the forum - it should be something that can be easily fixed for you.
Lillmonster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lillmonster »

I will give it another try and then make up my mind.
This is the first time on any forum that I have needed approval so I was a bit surprised.

Now I will try to update my story and see what happens.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

You only need approval until you reach ten posts.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Lillmonster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lillmonster »

Roswelllostcause: I thought so too but at the moment I have 21 approved posts and still needs approval for everything I post. Very annoying I might add.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I have changed your account settings. Let me know if you still have problems. Your patience is appreciated.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Lillmonster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lillmonster »

Thank you. Finally it's working! ;)