Posting links to other stories

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

greywolf
Roswell Fanatic

Posting links to other stories

Post by greywolf »

I seem to be having trouble posting hot links to other stories. I can post the URL....that's not a problem. But if I want to post the title of the story as a hotlink to the story...you know, the ahref...thingy...it doesn't seem to work. I get a mixture of HTML and title, but it's not a hotlink.

I'd appreciate suggestions on what I'm doing wrong. Everyone else seems to be able to do this....
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Posting links to other stories

Post by Zanity »

greywolf wrote:I seem to be having trouble posting hot links to other stories. I can post the URL....that's not a problem. But if I want to post the title of the story as a hotlink to the story...you know, the ahref...thingy...it doesn't seem to work. I get a mixture of HTML and title, but it's not a hotlink.

I'd appreciate suggestions on what I'm doing wrong. Everyone else seems to be able to do this....
The propper coding is:

Code: Select all

[url=address]Title[/url]
Example:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?p=512753#512753]Dreamer Fairy Tale Series[/url]
Dreamer Fairy Tale Series
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Bordersinsanity »

You also want to make sure that your profile doesn't have Disable BBCode in this post as well.

Hope that helps if not holler back.
Jen
<center>Image
Archives | Rules | Plagiarism | Fundraising</center>
greywolf
Roswell Fanatic

Post by greywolf »

Thanks, I'll give it a try......

The Blanket

Ah, it appears to work. Thank you very much