Problems updating

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Problems updating

Post by Icequeen »

I've been trying to update my fic When in Vegas in the AU without Aliens forum since yesterday. When i hit submit it takes me to "page cannot be displayed." When i hit refresh it says no post mode specified. I can leave FB but just can't post my chapter for some reason. I'm not doing anything different then i usually do. Any help would be appreciated.

My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Please give me a link.
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

My Fics
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

So you're not able to post a new part? Or you're not able to update a post? I posted just fine on it and I was also able to edit your first post.

What theme and browser are you using?
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

My board style says couples. NOt sure about what browers i'm using i guess IE?? It's not AOL or anything just DSL with my local phone co.

I can add a Feedback but i can't post my next chapter. I've been leaving FB on other fics as well i just get the error when i try to post the actual chapter. I even tried taking out the codes for colors and it still won't post.

***ETA: I was able to update my other fic in the same forum. Could it be something in the chapter i'm trying to post?***
My Fics
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

Ok i edited my A/N by taking out the names of ppl that have left FB and it worked. It's odd but at least i was able to update.

Thanks for your help tho :D
My Fics
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

It could be something in the post...a particular word. It won't be the first time this has happened. Sometimes the board software picks up on a word it doesn't like. I'm fighting with it on another fic, too, but can't figure out what particular word it is. Sorry for the trouble...I'll update this when and if I figure it out. :)