Where to post a fic

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jen24
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Where to post a fic

Post by Jen24 »

I'm getting ready to post a fic, but I'm not sure where to put it. It's a story that begins with Max and Tess being together and Liz with an original character. Within the first three or four chapters, it shifts to the CC pairing of Max and Liz. It also contains other CC pairings from the beginning. i.e, M/M, A/I

Plus, it also contains characters from One Tree Hill.

Do I put it in the Alternate Universe Without Aliens, the Crossover or the Unconventional Couples?
Stop talking so loudly, you're drowning out the voices in my head.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

If it has characters from another show, it belongs in Crossover.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

I have a fic on the CC board right now, but it's almost finished and I have a sequel started for it. I'm not sure where to post it though. It's a FF about the Pod Sqauds' Kids. Should I put on the AU board?
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

In your sequel, are the Pod Squad members in it? Is it CC?
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

The kids are traveling through time in the story, so far the Pod Squad are only in it when they just get out of the pods. (I haven't written much yet.) But the pairings are CC.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

bump
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

It belongs in CC, then.
Redrumm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Redrumm »

Ok thanks.
Queenie_Zan7
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queenie_Zan7 »

I just joined and i was thinking of posting a fic. I think it's conventional couples but Zan is paired with an original character and Max has some...dark moments? Would my fic belong in CC or AA?
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

If the basic plot of your story involves the shooting in the Crashdown at some point in time, and if the characters are coupled with the people they were in the show (besides Zan, because we didn't know anything about him...he could be with an OC), then it should go in CC.

If the story is not based on the shooting in the Crashdown and all else the same as the show, then it belongs in AU. If there are no aliens in your fic, then it belongs in AU without Aliens.

If you're worried about part of the story being unconventional or too dark, then post it in Alien Abyss.