Fan-Fiction Posting

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Titus
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Fan-Fiction Posting

Post by Titus »

I currently have an idea for a story, which was inspired by Roswell but I'm not sure if it could be posted in the alternate universe or not. Basically, it's about three high school kids who get trapped on an alien planet. Does such a fiction have a place on this board?
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Is this a story using the Roswell characters as your main characters? If so, then it belongs in the Alternate Universe with Aliens forum, from what you're describing.

But if your story is just inspired by Roswell, and it doesn't use Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Kyle, Isabel, Tess, or Alex....(or any combo of your choosing....etc)... then this board isn't the place for it. If yours is an original piece, it doesn't belong on this board. But if it is a Roswell fanfic, or Roswell Crossover, or even a fanfic based on another show (which belongs in the Other Shows Fanfic thread at the bottom of the main page), then this board is the place.

THanks for showing interest in posting here.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask myself or any other mod via PM, or on this thread. You can also refer to the Main Board Posting RUles and Guidelines found Here.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
francesca
Addicted Roswellian

Post by francesca »

hey im new to the site and i was woundering how do i post my own storii???
Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Bordersinsanity »

francesca wrote:hey im new to the site and i was woundering how do i post my own storii???
First find the right forum.

CC -- Conventional Couples that shoots off from some point in the show
AU with Aliens -- Alternate universe. Has nothing to do with the way the show went but has aliens in it.
AU without Aliens -- same as above but doesn't have aliens
UC -- Unconventional Couples -- can be Canon or AU it's
XO -- Cross overs -- deals with other shows intermixed with Roswell Characters
AA -- Alien Abyss -- if you're not sure whether your fic actually fits in any of the above forums this is where you would post it.

After you've figured out where to post your fic all you have to do is go to that forum and click NEW TOPIC at the top of your screen.

Fill in the subject line. Make sure to visit the rules to make sure that you have all the required information and then you can post the first part of your fic in big box under the subject box. Make sure that you have all the required information in that box as well.

after you have everything typed in, you can either PREVIEW it or SUBMIT it by clicking on the appropriate buttons.

When you want to add another part simply go to your thread and click on the REPLY button and add your next part. Go to you first post and edit your subject line to let your readers know that you've updated your fic.

hope that helps if not holler back. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Jen
<center>Image
Archives | Rules | Plagiarism | Fundraising</center>
CutielovesChocs
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Fan-Fiction Posting

Post by CutielovesChocs »

Hey Jen! :)

I'm new here as well, and I just posted a story called "Let me be your hero". It stayed for a while and then I couldn't see it anymore. I'm pretty sure I followed all the guidelines.

Please help? :)

Thank youuu :)