More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

My suggestion would be to play around with it first to familiarize yourself with the different tools. Then you can find a tutorial online by just Googling it.

Adobe.com also offers tutorials.

Some of my favorite tutorial sites are:

http://touchstonesart.com/main.html
http://www.moon-oxygen.net/disillusioned/indexx.htm
http://biorust.com/tutorials/index/

-Cyn-
<center>Image
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Thank you, now I have somewhere to start, lol... I will check out those links asap.

Thanks again. :D
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Don't try to do fanart yet. First, learn what all the tools are for, this way when you are ready to begin creating, you'll know which tool to use to do what you want.
<center>Image</center>
AmorporML
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmorporML »

I downloaded free trial of PS-CS2, and oh my god it’s so different from PSP. Parts of me want to give up on PS-CS2 already. Okay I have a few questions:

1. I just figured out how to cut and past (by clicking on edit) but how do you enlarge your pic once you paste it to its new page.
2. Where is the color button? I’m looking for things like brightness/contrast, channel mixer, color balance, curves, and so on and so forth. I find these functions important for manips.
3. How do you use brushes? I can’t seem to get them to work.
4. Also does PS-CS2 have boarder and picture frames?
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

AmorporML wrote:I downloaded free trial of PS-CS2, and oh my god it’s so different from PSP. Parts of me want to give up on PS-CS2 already. Okay I have a few questions:

1. I just figured out how to cut and past (by clicking on edit) but how do you enlarge your pic once you paste it to its new page.
2. Where is the color button? I’m looking for things like brightness/contrast, channel mixer, color balance, curves, and so on and so forth. I find these functions important for manips.
3. How do you use brushes? I can’t seem to get them to work.
4. Also does PS-CS2 have boarder and picture frames?

1. You can enlarge a pic by going to Image > image size - and that should give you an even enlargement otherwise just click on the corners and drag it out or up or however you want it.

2. for this one go to Image > Adjustments > and then you'll find your contrast and color tools.

3. If you're asking about uploading brushes just click on your brush tool then go up to where the size is and click on the drop down menu. Of to the right there will be another arrow, click on it and it will review another drop down menu. Scroll down to Preset Manager and from there you'll be able to upload brushes.

4. For boarders, go over to your right hand side. There are several different boxes. The third one from the top will have two tabs. The first says History and the second will say Actions. Click on Actions and you should have a boarder action there. Just find the one you want and hit the play button which is the third icon at the bottom of that same box.

-Cyn-
<center>Image
AmorporML
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmorporML »

Thank you To_Kiss_A_Frog!

I was reading a tutorial and following it pretty well until it came to the part where it said duplicate layer. I couldn't find a duplicate layer button on the layer pallet. Can someone tell me how I can duplicate the layer? Thanks!

I'm working with PS-CS2
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

In the Layers box on the righthand side, right click the layer and you'll find the duplicate option.
<center>Image
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Hey guys, I have a question... :oops: I have ps7, and I was wondering how to make images invisible or kinda see through, I see that alot and have no idea how to do it. :?

Any help would be great. :)
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

LovinGuerin2Much wrote:Hey guys, I have a question... :oops: I have ps7, and I was wondering how to make images invisible or kinda see through, I see that alot and have no idea how to do it. :?

Any help would be great. :)
Hey girl...the way to make the image more transparent, at least the way I do (which could be totally wrong *lol*) is when you have the image in the Layers Palette to the right, there are two little sliders above the box. One says, "Opacity" the other says "Fill" If you move the "Opacity" one to the left it will regulate the % of how solid the image is.

I hope that helps...

Tanya
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get pics of a gate and clouds that could be used in a fanfic banner about heaven :?:

Thank you :)
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!