More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lilac Stardust
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lilac Stardust »

hey can you send me the file too? gstigger16@yahoo.com Thanks!

LS
<center>*Stories *Art*Life*
</center>
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

can you send it to me too, please? thanks!

email: ps_dreamer@hotmail.com
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
BeccaBehr
Addicted Roswellian

Help Big Time!

Post by BeccaBehr »

Hey Everyone!

I'm having big probs. I love my art and I love making it but I tried getting some brushes but I dont have Photo Shop or any of the programs the brushes are for and I'm a little stuck.
I dont know how to use them either (:oops:) which is a little embarrasing but I would be so greatful if you would help me out!
Hugs
Becca
x
Ms Yu
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms Yu »

Bordersinsanity wrote:
Lolita Behrbuns wrote:I used to have several pages on tutorials of different Photoshop techniques but unfortunately, when they decided to make this new thread they deleted the old one that contained my tutorials. I do plan to make some tutorials on my site in the future but for now I'm way too lazy to code and design it.
I saved the thread before it was deleted for anyone that wants it just let me know and I'll email it to you... I don't have enough space to upload it anywhere but if you do I'll be more than happy to send it to you so the group can have Cristine's handy-dandy tutorials.

thanks
Jen

i think i can upload them :D do you think you can send me the file? idrinkoj@Hotmail.com thanks a lot! :D
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Help Big Time!

Post by Lolita »

BeccaBehr wrote:Hey Everyone!

I'm having big probs. I love my art and I love making it but I tried getting some brushes but I dont have Photo Shop or any of the programs the brushes are for and I'm a little stuck.
I dont know how to use them either (:oops:) which is a little embarrasing but I would be so greatful if you would help me out!
Hugs
Becca
x
As far as I know, brushes can only be used through Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. You can also try using them in other Adobe programs but I'm not too sure.

As for using them, most people use brushes as you would a stamp, which is basically clicking it once on your canvas. It adds texture and character to your artwork. However, be aware that there is such thing as brush overkill. I've seen many pieces where the artist just went nuts with the brushes and basically wiped out the artistry of their art.

The tutorials that Jen mentioned contain a tutorial for using brushes. I'd suggest you get her to email you the file.
<center>Image</center>
Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

I'm having a problem with my image ready I can't save jpgs as compressed gifs or what ever it is you save the animations as for some reason. I think it's the setting, but I don't know how to fics it. I've been able to do it before.
Eccentric One
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eccentric One »

I am looking at getting into fanart. What are the best programs? I know several people who use Photoshop. What sort of items should I look to make sure are part of any program I'm considering?

Thanks for any input. If I'm going to spend possibly hundreds of dollars on a program, I want to make sure I have a good chance of getting my money's worth.

Kara
I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exhortation. - Sherlock Holmes
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Ella: I'd post your question on the Avatar thread if I were you. Someone there might be better equipt to help you.

Kara: I was just at the mall today and saw Paint Shop Pro on sale for $100 (Canadian). I assume this is probably cheaper in the US. However, if you're totally serious about making digital art, I would go with Photoshop. It's the professional grade software and it's great for doing commercial art. The only drawback is, like most professional softwares, it costs an arm and a leg. If you just want to play around with fanart, I would suggest Paint Shop Pro. It's cheaper and there's still lots of things you can do with it. There's other graphics programs out there but almost all of them (with the exception of Photoshop and PSP) are very limited in what it can do.
<center>Image</center>
DreamingOfMax84
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamingOfMax84 »

Eccentric One wrote:I am looking at getting into fanart. What are the best programs? I know several people who use Photoshop. What sort of items should I look to make sure are part of any program I'm considering?

Thanks for any input. If I'm going to spend possibly hundreds of dollars on a program, I want to make sure I have a good chance of getting my money's worth.

Kara

First off, hi Cris!! *wave, wave* God I miss this place. *sigh* Real life bites sometimes....

And Kara, did you get my PM?? I gave you a little secret of how to avoid the whole arm and leg thing that Cris said. Anyway, let me know if you didn't get it.

Maria :onfire:
<center>Image

My Stuff!!</center>
puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

Okay I've been making art for a while but I still have no clue how to blend images very well. When making art I always just take a few pictures and overlay them and erase areas i don't want shown which makes the edges look a little rough and the images don't flow I guess you could say. So, my first question is, is there and easier way to take someone or something out of a photo without having to erase unwanted mess? And....how to I get this sort of blending.....

Here - made by Forced To Die

I've been wanting to do it but still can't find a way to. Thanks! :D