More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

I lost photoshop 7 on my computer and when ever I try to redown load it from Kazza it won't open. I really miss doing art with it. I was wondering if any one could make me a copy on cd? I'll pay for shipping and handling and the cd disc. I have pay pal. I can pay through that or bidpay through western union. Or send you the money.
puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

How does everyone make the small thumbnails for their arts? I've wanted to do that to save space but I don't know how :?

Thanks
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

There are 2 ways you can make thumbnails for your art.

1. Shrink your piece to a smaller size.
2. Take your crop tool and select a small section of your art and click ok.

There you go. :)
<center>Image</center>
puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

I recently found some great templates for Icons and Avis but I don't know how to use them :? Does anyone know how I even begin to use those things? And are there templates for PS7?

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Sorry Cierra, don't know much about that.

Using the Smart Blur Filter (Photoshop)

Since a lot of people have been asking about the clarity of my images, I decided to make a short tutorial about it.

1. First you start off with a nice high quality picture. I chose this beautiful pic of Connie Nielsen.

2. Next apply the filter. Filter>Blur>Smart Blur
Make sure to adjust the levels to get the desired effect.

3. Next adjust the contrast. It is important to do this so that your images don't appear washed out.

4. Next take your Dodge tool and go over areas highlighting along the way. I usually adjust the exposure to below 50% so that the desaturating effect is not too harsh. I also tend to set the range to midtones. You can also use your burn tool to add shadows to parts of the face etc. Make sure you play with the levels so that there's a subtle effect.

After creating a background and adjusting my blending modes, this is the finished product:
<center>Image</center>
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Thank you for the tutorial, Cris! :D I'll have to try it out once I have time. I rarely work with the contrast/brightness option. It's a good tip!

And about the art you did - wow. Even your tutorials look stunning! :lol:
<center>...endless so far in myself, follow me...
</center>
qt4167013
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by qt4167013 »

can someone explain to me what exactly a blend is? I know like what it is in pictures and stuff, but i really want to learn to make one. how can i? does any one have any tips? sorry to sound demanding (lol) i like searched high and low for a tutorial and than when i saw this thread i was like BINGO! lol. thank you...and awesome art guys! lol, thanks in advance
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

A blend is essentially combining different pictures to make one collage (art). Blending is the smooth flow of images (from one to the next). The art of blending is making sure that edges of your images and the colour gradation is smooth. Oh and the secret of blending is making sure to work with your layers!

I used to have several pages on tutorials of different Photoshop techniques but unfortunately, when they decided to make this new thread they deleted the old one that contained my tutorials. I do plan to make some tutorials on my site in the future but for now I'm way too lazy to code and design it.

Maybe if I get specific questions regarding Photoshop, I can use those as topics for tutorials.
<center>Image</center>
qt4167013
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by qt4167013 »

its all good! lol. thank you so much. i get it now...blends...lol, duh! btw, lolita, your work is killer amazing. if i get any specific questions i'll let you know. sigh...i'm thinking i'll just play around on photoshop. thanks again! :D