More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

roswelllover
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswelllover »

Becca, you need to unzip the zip files in a program that unzips files like Winzip. If you don't have Winzip here's a link to a free program you can download to unzip your files.

ZipIt Fast

hope that answers your question. :oops:
Sarah_helen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Unzipping Fonts

Post by Sarah_helen »

BeccaBehr wrote:Hey All!

I just want to ask how to unzip downloaded fonts? I feel rather nervous about asking but I have a ton of them and I can't use them as I can't access them. So any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hugs
Becca
x
Hey :)

When you say that they're still zipped do you mean that they're still in their zipped file? If so:
Open winzip (if you have it, if not then try the link above) highlight the font file (usually a .ttf file i think)

Click 'extract', then a box will pop up, choose the file you want the font to sit in for a while, click OK.

Then you can close winzip (or whatever) and go to you c drive (or whatever your main hard drive is named).

Click on - Windows- Fonts- File- Install fonts- find the file you extracted the font to- click on the font name- then OK.

Et voila! You should now be able to use that font, just repeat this with all of the other fonts you wish to install :)

Hope that helped!
roswelllover
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswelllover »

uh.. i was really tierd the night i wrote my answer up......looks sheepishly.
Sarah_Helen did a better job at explaining thing. *Hits head* Course that would be the answer. *feels stupid* :oops: :D
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Hey, I have a quick question for any PSP users. When I use text in a pic that I save as a JPEG and post, if it's a darker color (like crimson) on a dark picture, it blurs and becomes really unfocused. Does anyone know how to stop that? Should I change it from normal to some other layer style? Like burn or something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Lora
<center>Image</center>
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Lora, I haven't had that particular problem, but my first guess would be that you're compressing the file a lot to save it as a JPG? Maybe it wouldn't blur if you compressed it less and just had a larger file. You'd have to test that; I'm not positive, but it's a theory.
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Tas-

You haven't had that problem? Hmm...I don't think it's due to compression because I have it set on 1. Maybe it's the font I used. *shrugs* I guess I'll just go play around with it for a while. I was making a banner for Itzstacie, but the words blurred. It isn't blurred in the original- or jpeg file format- though!
<center>Image</center>
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Lorastar wrote:It isn't blurred in the original- or jpeg file format- though!
Ahhhh, then it's prolly something in your webhosting site. I know some of them can screw with the resolution of pix. Changing the font would likely help, and/or hosting it somewhere else. :)
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Thanx for your help, Tas. I went back and changed both the font color and the font itself. I don't like it as much, but oh well. It's clear, and that's what matters.
<center>Image</center>
DreamingOfMax84
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamingOfMax84 »

Lorastar wrote:Thanx for your help, Tas. I went back and changed both the font color and the font itself. I don't like it as much, but oh well. It's clear, and that's what matters.
Lora, I think Tas was right about the picture hosting site screwing it up. I used Image Station way back when and if you made a picture larger than 400 pixels either way (I think it was that much) when you posted it somewhere, it would become smaller in size, blurry and distorted. That's one of a few reasons I switched to Fotki. Image Station was a pain for me.

Maria :onfire:
<center>Image

My Stuff!!</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

DreamingOfMax84 wrote:Lora, I think Tas was right about the picture hosting site screwing it up. I used Image Station way back when and if you made a picture larger than 400 pixels either way (I think it was that much) when you posted it somewhere, it would become smaller in size, blurry and distorted. That's one of a few reasons I switched to Fotki. Image Station was a pain for me.

Maria :onfire:
I actually have a Fotki album- a free one- but when I tried posting an image somewhere else the only thing that would appear was the little box with a red X. So, I went to Imagestation. I hate the fact that it makes the images smaller. Do you pay for your Fotki account?

lora
<center>Image</center>