Bordersinsanity wrote:Since I had to edit so many posts on other threads, just a recap of a few rules. If I have to edit your post, it'll be a strike... get three and you'll be suspended for forty-eight hours. Got it? Good.
Here are the rules:
There are strict restrictions on anything besides words allowed in signatures. Any users violating this will have their pictures deleted from their signature and will receive a strike. See the Three Strikes Rule.
There is only room for 350 characters in the signature area and that includes all spaces and returns. If your signature is more than the allotted amount, the signature will not be saved and will default back to the original message that was last saved.
- Pictures must be kept to a size that is less than a calculated area total of 90,000 pixels (multiplying the two numbers together).
(Example: a picture sized 300x300 pixels is fine. 350x250 is also fine. 300 x 350 would exceed a calculated area of 90,000 pixels and would therefore, not be allowed.)
- Even if the area is within regulations, if the picture(s) distorts the board width, it will be deleted. Meaning images can be no wider than 550 pixels.
- If you have multiple pictures, their combined size must be within the calculated area of total of 90,000 pixels.
(Example: You have a picture that is 150x150 = 22500 pixels and another that is 300x100 = 30000 pixels. The combined total of calculated area is 52500 pixels and is within the limits.)
- Animations are not allowed as part of a signature.
THREE STRIKES RULE
Any violations of regulations that require moderator intervention will count as a strike against the user. You will be told you are receiving a strike.
- If a user gets three strikes for the same violation, their account will be suspended for 48 hours.
- If after a user's account is reinstated, they continue to violate that same regulation, the suspensions will continue until after the tenth strike.
- Once a user receives ten strikes, their account will be cancelled. So please take note when you are notified of a violation. It is not a joking matter and can result in losing your account on the board.
- Don't do it, we won't tolerate it. If you do it's a strike. See the example of the WRONG & RIGHT WAYS below.
The WRONG WAYGuest wrote:
I LOVE!!! THIS ONE!!
The RIGHT WAYhttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/lizard_queenban/LJ-black.jpg
I LOVE!!! THIS ONE!!
SEE THE DIFFERENCE? DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND DON'T GET A STRIKE.
Also just some general artist code rules that mots follow for using anything that someone makes you:
- Upload to your own image server if you use something someone made you. The artists don't have unlimited space and their servers get full easily.
- If you want anything changed, just ask nicely and most artists will be happy to comply.
- Don't go and edit it yourself without asking the artist first. Some people take that as an insult.
- Credit the artist who made it for you. They took their time to make it, you gotta give them some credit, right?