Addicted Roswellian

Re: Roswell Fanart #18

Post by candysteffi »

:shock: :shock: That's pretty April!
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Ehh...first attempt at any type of fan art. Best I can do without a proper program. Made completely in word. lol

April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

In Word? How is it possible to make a fan art like that in Word? :lol: That's better than a lot of the things I've made on Photoshop!

Speaking of Photoshop, though, you can download a free 30-day trial of it off the Photoshop website if you want to. That's what I did to get acquainted with it. It's addictive. I haven't purchased it yet, though, because my university has lots of computers with Photoshop on them that I'm able to use whenever I feel like it.

Impressive banner, though. And a fic banner at that, so that's awesome! :D
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

April wrote:In Word? How is it possible to make a fan art like that in Word? :lol: That's better than a lot of the things I've made on Photoshop!

Speaking of Photoshop, though, you can download a free 30-day trial of it off the Photoshop website if you want to. That's what I did to get acquainted with it. It's addictive. I haven't purchased it yet, though, because my university has lots of computers with Photoshop on them that I'm able to use whenever I feel like it.

Impressive banner, though. And a fic banner at that, so that's awesome! :D
Yes word. LOL. You can actually do a lot in word, you just have to know how to do it. I pull from other various office programs...(like you can build a small excel spreadsheet in word or you can put things in word as a slide from power point). I use a combination of power point and word picture formatting tools to do it. The hardest part is anchoring the various pictures to make one cohesive one...i still haven't figured out how to do that. I usually have to copy the finished image into Paint to anchor it and then, recopy it back to word and then save it as a picture from there.

Open up power-point...the amount of picture formatting tools in there are pretty extensive if you know how to use them. Those along with a combination of words tools...eureka.

And thanks :) Yeah...half of me wants to download something like GIMP or paint.net to make stuff...but eh, I'm afraid I won't use the programs much and it big program to download. May do the photo-shop one, see if I like it and if I want to create more stuff along the way.

:)
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Here's one I quickly made completely in power-point. I used hunter's manipulation of Liz for this one.

Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

All done in powerpoint. I should sleep...it's kinda addicting after a while.

chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by chunkmonster2 »

Wanted to make Maria look somewhat badass...
here is the result...

might do a series of b&w for all the girls if i can find the resourses
Author's Page
"you come crash.... into me. yeah, baby. and i come into you."
"and how can i stand here by you, and not be moved by you?"
My Fics Below:
Returning Normal | Already Gone
chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by chunkmonster2 »

Second in my black and white badass series hahaha

Interestingly enough the manips are usuing the same celebrity.... apparently she just has good maniping badass photos!

Hope you enjoy

Katherines photo -- enjoy as well
Author's Page
My Fics Below:
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

Here are just a few things I threw together. The first one is a little cluttered but I am trying to incorporate certain things. The last two I used this really cool idea to represent the eye of a storm... LOL... So I looked at it as though it were the "big bads" eye always gazing upon them. I am trying to get better and better.

chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by chunkmonster2 »

haha,

okay i tried my first manip for the guys -- which i knew was going to be a challenge;

A) because i find there is less quality good photos of them
B) id never done a manip of the gentlemen before.

needless to say it turned out.... awkward. haha

I feel like its harder to manip the guys, no? with jb it was especially hard because I HAD to transfer his ears or it simply didnt look like him, haha. very distinguishable ears! um, anyways, I feel... indifferent about it I guess. I mean in some ways it works, it's not flawless but it is manipulated quite well.... it just really doesnt look like them.

anyway without further ado ill post it at the bottom so it is closer to my signature for a comparison to the ladies version!

cheers!
Author's Page
My Fics Below: