iPod Fanfiction

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

dreamerbabylioness
Enthusiastic Roswellian

iPod Fanfiction

Post by dreamerbabylioness »

Does anyone out there own an iPod and use the Notes option for fanfiction? Someone lovingly gave me an iPod for my birthday, and I immediately realised that the Notes feature and I would become very good friends. Imagine, taking your favourite fic ANYWHERE, in a device that fits in your hand...

I suppose it's easier on a laptop or palm pilot, but having neither of these, the iPod is it for me :)

The only issue I've found so far is that it seems there is a limit on the amount of characters in a note. It seems to me that the only thing that can be done is to manually convert the fic I want into 4,000 character parts, which is a bit tedious when we're talking about fics that have 100 parts WITHOUT dividing them into even more...

Has anyone found a way around this? Is anyone else using their iPod for this? Does anyone want to take turns turning our favourite fics into 500-part text files ;)?

Don't know if anyone else out there is using this feature, but I for one am looking forward to my next long bus or train ride :)
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Hey,

I have an Ipod and I can store notes on it and I'm so glad that you posted this because if it weren't for you I never would of thought of doing that. Storing fanfcition in an ipod sounds like a really great idea. I just have to figure out how to use the notes section on my ipod.

Steph
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

I just got one for christmas!! I would have never thought of that! and just like Buffsteraddict said "I just have to figure out how to use the notes section on my ipod." lol!!

<3 Tay
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

c_which
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by c_which »

Does any one have any idea on how to play a roswell music videos on your ipods. I tried but it didn't like the files or something, they have to be converted, maybe. Any ideas?
The efforts which we make to escape from our destiny only serve to lead us to it.
-Emerson
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

c_which wrote:Does any one have any idea on how to play a roswell music videos on your ipods. I tried but it didn't like the files or something, they have to be converted, maybe. Any ideas?
Hey,

My cousin got the new Ipod Video and apparently you can't convert video's to your ipod, you have to buy them off Itunes and they don't have Roswell Video's on Itunes, or not that I know of anyway's. But I do know that there's a program that you can buy that can convert your music video's into your ipod only I think the program is pretty expensive. I don't even know what's called.

Steph
mrsjbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

hey

Post by mrsjbehr »

Hi all, I just found a website that makes the whole notes thing easier... check it out:

http://www.ambience.sk/ipod-ebook-creat ... ersion.php
"All I ever wanted was to be what you needed
Cause something so strong, it could never be wrong.."
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

Awesome! thanks for tellin us the site! :D

<3 Tay
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

POM

Post by POM »

Buffsteraddict wrote:
c_which wrote:Does any one have any idea on how to play a roswell music videos on your ipods. I tried but it didn't like the files or something, they have to be converted, maybe. Any ideas?
Hey,

My cousin got the new Ipod Video and apparently you can't convert video's to your ipod, you have to buy them off Itunes and they don't have Roswell Video's on Itunes, or not that I know of anyway's. But I do know that there's a program that you can buy that can convert your music video's into your ipod only I think the program is pretty expensive. I don't even know what's called.

Steph
Yeah, i Tunes doesn't have Roswell :( I've looked--they have LOST, Desparte House wifes, and a few other shows. It's about 1.99 for an epsiode.

<3 POM
stargazernyc
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by stargazernyc »

hi i can help with this.
the new ipod video needs a software to convert to dvds and their are many out their but i use PQDVD converter but it is expensive so i looked on ebay and a guy was selling copies on their so i bought it for like $6.00.

then all you gotta do is install the software put in a DVD or download your favorite t.v show and it will automatically convert it for you.

hope this helps. if any of you would like to now any more about usin or how to get hold of this software just pm me

stargazernyc.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

My brother (I think) got some type of software for free. So now anytime I want anything on my iPod (video wise) I just let him know and he does it for me in a snap.

I don't know anything about it thought.

As far as the note section goes, I haven't really had time to put fanfic on mine yet, but I've only had it for a couple of months and have been constantly moving and haven't had time to sit down on my computer to do all that.

If I wouldn't have put all the music on as soon as I got my iPod for Christmas, it would still have only a handful of songs on. (The ones that I add when I want to listen to them but am running out the door!)

Anyways, that fanfic idea is a great one!

Ashley