Awakened Dreamers

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Awakened Dreamers

Post by darkmoon »

I'm a hardcore Awaken Dreamer fan. Having written the Domestication of Zan series and Death Is a Playground, I like to see him in different lights. I mean, I agree he's very stereotyped a lot of the time. But I also like to play, and I know a lot of other do to, with the idea of Nature Vs Nurture. What traits are so very much a part of our DNA vs how we grow up giving us a foil and yet the same man in ways. Which is why I love it when Zan and Max play off each other. When they do, you can truly see the differences, but also the slight similar patterns that emerge. It also gives a tense of Liz falling in love with Zan. Is she falling in love with the parts of Zan that remind her of Max, or is she falling in love with Zan despite the things she sees in him that remind her of Max?

I like to point out that I don't hate Max. That's not why I pair Liz with Zan. Some people have said, mind you not here, that Zan is a way for writers to write a more perfect Max. Which I think is completely BS. If you write your Zan perfect... You aren't writing Zan. He isn't perfect. He steals to survive, he lives in the sewers, and is arrogant enough to believe that if he says something, that Rath will just take it. Now we are never shown if that arrogance is founded in any way; like if he has taken Rath down before or not. But these are enough building blocks to try to build someone who contains the exact DNA of Max, but growing up in a different situation, and how it has shaped him. We see he has a slight looser moral grounds when it comes to stealing, that arrogance is genetic (or at least in Zan and Max's case), and that he's going to be a rougher, less society driven based individual.

I think for me, I just enjoy trying to write a realistic romance between two characters that have never met. I like do it in my other fandoms as well.

Personally I love Reckless written by Jake17
Summary: Liz is left alone in Roswell after Max Isabel and Tess leave for home. It's been almost six months since he's been gone - a very different girl now resides over the crashdown - alone and longing - will she look to someone else for the comfort she so desperately needs.
It's Adult and Fantastic!

If someone would like to read my series, Domestication of Zan. It's easiest to go down the list of my Author's page. Because it has about 17 or so fics, each individual, since they are complete stories on their own. Just more fun to read them in order.
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 11&t=18718
It's literally just day in the lives of Zan and Liz as the joys and the weird crap of life happen.
It ranges from Teen to Adult. And each story is marked on what it's rated.

Death Is a Playground
Summary: What if all the pain Liz went through with Future Max was for nothing? What if instead of having 14 year together, the enemies take over in 6? What if someone comes back to fix the mistakes that were created by Future Max and Liz?
This is seriously ADULT! I deal with Rape, Torture, and LOTS Character Death. There is a sex scene, but it was originally given the Adult rating for how dark the prologue is. This fic is not for the faint of heart.

Ok, I'm put my two cents out there, and my fics. Thank you!
My Author's Page ~ Click on picture

I will never know the sweet love of Milk! ~ Khivar in Through The Looking Glass
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

So I never read UC before until I read a story called underestimating destiny. I'm down with the double dipping. LOL. Best of both worlds.

I've always been a CC girl but now I love awakened dreamer stories. I would rather have Max dead, join them, or him not exist. I will always be a cc girl and most definatly a dreamer.... BUT......

I will have to write my own awakened dreamer fic.... soon.
totallizfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by totallizfan »

I love Liz and Zan fics.

Mostly because Zan never slept with Tess and in my little world he never slept with Ave either because he was waiting for..that.... someone to come into his life... our Liz.

I just can't see Liz with anyone other than Max or Zan.
Sin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sin »

totallizfan wrote:I love Liz and Zan fics.

Mostly because Zan never slept with Tess and in my little world he never slept with Ave either because he was waiting for..that.... someone to come into his life... our Liz.

I just can't see Liz with anyone other than Max or Zan.
I agree. I can get behind Zan and Liz because I think Zan is more or less just an extension of Max.

I don't really care much about Zan sleeping with other women before he meets Liz. I think the reason why I was so upset when Max slept with Tess was because he went on for seasons saying that Liz was his only one and then he ended up sleeping with Tess and we knew that Max wasn't the kind of guy that took sex lightly so it seemed like it meant more. But if Zan is more sexually free then it doesn't really bother me that much.

With Max it seemed like a betrayal, but if Zan hasn't meet Liz yet and he had a few encounters I don't really mind it. I actually think it makes it that more powerful when he sees and meets Liz for the first time and he has that feeling like "this is what I've been looking for my entire life".
debbyin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by debbyin »

Please please please one of you talented writers create more Zan/Liz where Zan is alien and a dupe. I just love when he is portrayed as a sexy edgy tough guy searching to satisfy his secret tender heart's yearnings. Summer Lovin was one of my favorites :wink: please?

"Well, clearly being tall, dark, and intergalactic is still a draw for the ladies." - Kyle
(Second Chances - femmenerd)
debbyin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by debbyin »

Oh my goodness. I just read Darkmoon's reply and was amazed at how I was thinking the same thing. I wrote a fanfic with Zan and Liz, and it was based on applying the principle of Nature vs Nurture to Zan. I was able to choose where on the spectrum I wanted to place his persona. I love that he can be anything we choose, from practically a street battered kid growing up with criminal tendencies, or aware of society and cultural standards. It's up to the author. I just love Zan, the tough guy who softens up for his lady love, but never loses his edge.

"Well, clearly being tall, dark, and intergalactic is still a draw for the ladies." - Kyle
(Second Chances - femmenerd)