Awakened Dreamers

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Hey Fetch. Are you, by any chance, bludbubblegum on the ER? If so, hello again.

On the whole I agree with you. I am slightly warming up the idea of AU fics in which the characters at least have the same personality traits they did on the show but on the whole I prefer for there to be aliens.

One thing I cannot quite understand is when everyone is suddenly like cheerleaders and football players. I mean that's cool if that's what you're into, but for me, huh?
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In Colorado, wearing my foil hat, waiting for the aliens to take me away...

Post by AmberEyed51 »

I never cared for the whole Cheerleader/Jock thing. It works, but it's just a little too overdone. ;)

Like many others have said, I can't read a story where Max is bashed, he will always be my favorite character from Roswell.

And like Lindsay said, Max and Zan are the same person. And it was pointed out that Zan was a little less innocent than Max ever was, so turning you back on him for Zan is just one big hypocritical thing.

Sadly, I haven't seen too many Awakened Dreamer fics on the UC board (but I shouldn't complain, it's not like I have any writing talent :roll:)

I do love Applebylicious's Everything's Not Lost, and I would say that more often if I actually came out of lurkdom once in a while. So Lindsay, babe, I'm telling ya now, Awesome job!! :D
<center>Image
"It's about reaching out to people, and showing them there's still hope left in this world."
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
Glenn, You're Always With Me</center>
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

i was just taking a wander through, and i can honestly say..."WOW". thanks to Lucia and Anne~Laure for the recomendations in regards to my stories. that was so nice of both of you.
i was a huge dreamer fan in season one, then season two and three happened.....nuf said! I love writting Zan, coz he is a clean slate. you can play the bad boy angle from many ways....broken, nasty, nice, a player....so on and so forth. where as with Max, he's set in stone ya know?...
anyways....thanks again Lucia...you rock babe!...love you lots, but you already know that!
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Love you too babe. Cool to see you over here.

Can I just say that I have been having the best time writing the Zan/Liz nookie recently. It's so freeing to write a character who um, knows what he wants, know what I mean?
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

I certainly do!!!...you know how shattered is darker than any thing i've EVER written b4?....it's gonna get darker....i dunno how people are gonna react to this, but i'm having fun playing the bad badboy angle to the extreame in this....i've gotta say too mate....loved the update in 'i want yoy'....i blushed again, so here's to you hon!
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Cool. You know that "Shattered" is my favorite of your stories. I think it's really interesting to explore the darkness as well as the light.

Hehe, I made you blush. This is you :oops:
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

:lol:
fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fetch »

femmenerd wrote:Hey Fetch. Are you, by any chance, bludbubblegum on the ER? If so, hello again.

On the whole I agree with you. I am slightly warming up the idea of AU fics in which the characters at least have the same personality traits they did on the show but on the whole I prefer for there to be aliens.

One thing I cannot quite understand is when everyone is suddenly like cheerleaders and football players. I mean that's cool if that's what you're into, but for me, huh?
Yep, I'm see 8)
I've seen some fics where the charators have basiclly nothing in common with their show-selves except they haver the same name.
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

OK, I have a Zan related topic. We all know what he looked like on the show but a lot of fics are set at other times, etc. So I'm wondering, what does Zan look like to you?
alienmom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienmom »

hi, i'm alienmom, and i'm a zanatic. it's a tough addiction to fight when he's paired up with liz.......i've become an awakened dreamer, there i said it....happy now!! LOL

no time right now to read all the posts, but i will when i have a little more time. but i couldn't resist posting a pic.

well here is one 'zan' i see when i read....but NOT that outfit. love the attitude, the scruffy 'i shave only when i want to' look, the smoke, the hair...well everything!! :wink:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I am never far away. To find me, follow your heart." cherie
mom's cookie jar