Any Lamptrimmers?

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Any Lamptrimmers?

Post by Cocogurl »

Earth2Mama wrote:
Cocogurl wrote:
nibbles2 wrote:It's funny, I never thought of Tess as the ditzy blonde. She always seemed to be mature, confident and intelligent, especially around Max. It was around Kyle that her fun and fiesty side came out.

I really wish they had explored the Kyle Tess relationship. Although I do think it would have been interesting to see Max and Tess together for a while, just to see what that was like - without the sex, baby and murder plot of course. Kyle's reaction to Max dating Tess would have been interesting.
I guess we just saw it differently. :D To me, seemed like the only thing she could do when she was around Max was ask "What do we do now, Max?" or "What happens now, Max?" She rarely, if ever, brought much to the table when they had to figure stuff out. And she was so submissive to him, which I get now was to help stroke his ego. But there was just something that Kyle brought out in her. It was subtle, but I felt like he brought out the real her. And I really would've liked to have seen that relationship explored as well. I don't know, there was just something about Kyle and Tess that suited each other really well.

OMG ... I can't tell you how much I hated those words coming out of her mouth! UGH ... it got to be at a point I would mute the Tv anytime she came on and would just look at the CC.

Kyle was and would have been the better choice. I can't tell you how many times during the Prom episode I was screaming at the Tv for him to kiss her! And then the let down in the Eraser Room, when he tells her he thought of her as a sister? Yeah, right! Total BS.
Lol, I was screaming at the tv too. :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I will NEVER forgive the show for that :roll:

Watch the Vegas ep....watch the season two Christmas ep....and than tell me that is sister/brother feelings :roll: :twisted: Come on....we all saw that look Kyle gave her during the Christmas ep when Tess left the kitchen! That was NOT a look a brother gives a sister! :roll:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:I will NEVER forgive the show for that :roll:

Watch the Vegas ep....watch the season two Christmas ep....and than tell me that is sister/brother feelings :roll: :twisted: Come on....we all saw that look Kyle gave her during the Christmas ep when Tess left the kitchen! That was NOT a look a brother gives a sister! :roll:
So true. And even if they were going to set it up so that Max and Tess got together for a bit ... just to explore what could be between them, I would have been down for that. It would have made for great viewing to see Liz and Kyle as well as Max and Tess bond over this (their feelings for other people) and eventually for Tess/Kyle and Max/Liz to make their way back to one another.

Grrr ... still pissed that the writers didn't even consider that!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well if you ask me I still think the WB swapped the shows writers out some where near the end of season two and replaced them with a team of drunk dope smoking monkeyes :roll:

How do you go from Tess putting her hand into Kyle's underwear,them almost sleeping with each other,dancing in Vegas and than the look Kyle gave her at the Christmas dinner into 'you're like a sister' ? :roll: :roll:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:Well if you ask me I still think the WB swapped the shows writers out some where near the end of season two and replaced them with a team of drunk dope smoking monkeyes :roll:
LMAO!!! I snorted and coffee come out of my nose & mouth after reading that. You'll get no argument from me about that. I chalk it up to bad shrums. :lol:
How do you go from Tess putting her hand into Kyle's underwear,them almost sleeping with each other,dancing in Vegas and than the look Kyle gave her at the Christmas dinner into 'you're like a sister' ? :roll: :roll:
So true ... so true. Makes me wonder if someone wasn't intentionally trying to sabotage the show.

Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

The only reason they didn't explore the awesomeness of Tess and Kyle is cuz Collin Hanks aka Beloved Alex was leaving the show. So we were screwed!!!! Sucks they could redo the first season completely, change half of season two and change all of season three, add a 4,5,6,7 season and we will be happy. Not fair how come dawson his creek, buffy, 7th heaven got to run their courses. It upsets me everytime I think of it!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I mean here you had Kyle the most anti alien of the bunch and Tess the most anti human of the bunch living in the same house! Man they could have been having all kinds of heated fights mixed with sexual tension building until it exploded into sex!

Buuuuuuuuut no the writers had to throw in the same old WB stupid love traingle they had going with Buffy(Spike/Buffy/Angel),Dawson's Creek(Pacey/Joey/Dawson) and many others.

They could have easily started building up the sexual tension and it would have been a heated when will they snap and have sex or kill each other story line. :roll:
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

killjoy wrote:I mean here you had Kyle the most anti alien of the bunch and Tess the most anti human of the bunch living in the same house! Man they could have been having all kinds of heated fights mixed with sexual tension building until it exploded into sex!

Buuuuuuuuut no the writers had to throw in the same old WB stupid love traingle they had going with Buffy(Spike/Buffy/Angel),Dawson's Creek(Pacey/Joey/Dawson) and many others.

They could have easily started building up the sexual tension and it would have been a heated when will they snap and have sex or kill each other story line. :roll:
Exactly! They just wanted to do the old formula for what had worked on everything else. But Roswell was not like anything else. So different. Just wish they'd bring it back.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

I hate ... HATE love triangles. Much more interesting when a fourth person is added ... which is what I was hoping for with Kyle/Tess/Max/Liz.

We all knew that Kyle had feelings for Tess. Tess had some feelings for Kyle, but she was all about the "destiny" bullshit. Which was only because of what Nasedo spoon feed her from the time she emerged from the pod.

How much more interesting would it have been to let them develop these feelings over time, while she was also trying to spew the "destiny" crap with Max only to realize later that ... her feelings for Kyle and vice versa are stronger & would be stronger than any other feelings she may/may not have had for Max.

Grrr ... I can see now why I can't even look at the episodes any more. Just a waste!

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Yes even though I own seasons one and two of Roswell on dvd I almost NEVER watch them.....I refuse to watch season three after they turned Tess evil.

I'd lot rather read fanfiction where K/T end up happy because the writers here are a ton better than the ones that were on the show.