Why UC?

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Why UC?

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Hey everyone! I'm not really an UC person myself, and I was just wondering why UC does it for you. Why do people love Max/Maria or Michael/Liz? I think it's great of that's what your into, and I was just wondering why a lot of people like unusual couplings.

PS: I'm not trying to be mean or put down UC, I swear!!!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
RTds9fan

Post by RTds9fan »

Well when it comes to UC I'm more of a Alex/Maria,Alex/Liz or a Kyle/Ava,Kyle/Maria fan.To me it's just a way to read something different for a change.See how life would have turned out different if some of my favorite couples ended up with someone else. :wink:
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I just personally think that sometimes UC is more interesting to read, because it's true exploration of something new, and something we didn't get to see on the show. But it has to be believable, and not every UC fic is. But if it's well written, it's so much fun to see what might have been. I hope that makes sense lol. My two favorites to read are Max/Maria and Kyle/Isabel.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I never did like Michael and Maria together. Max and Liz were good in season 1. After that I didn't like their pairing either. Didn't like how Isabel treated Alex a lot of times. My favorite is Michael/Liz. Love the thought of them together because they're both so passionate and strong and loyal. And then of course, there's Kyle and Isabel who are adorable together.
RTds9fan

Post by RTds9fan »

I've always loved Alex and Maria together because those two both seemed to always love one another.Yes it was a friend type love but hey it could have turned to something more :D I always thought that Alex's nice guy behaviour was what Maria was always trying to get Michael to be like.

Alex/Liz to me always were a too sweet couple.They had that close connection that all best friends have.To me Alex was closer as a friend to Liz than Maria ever was.I mean look how see went at it to prove that Alex was murdered.She went through everyone to get to the truth about her friends death.

Now with Kyle and Maria that whole we'll more than likely be step siblings in the future puts a strange twist to it and makes it even more interesting to read.

As a HUGE lamptrimmer fan I see Kyle/Ava as my second chance to Kyle/Tess.Which I didn't get because the writers to the show ruined it by having her kill Alex :roll:
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

I just like the different view of it. It depends how it's written and everything like that.

My personal favorite UC's are Mi/L- for the simple reason that it was the first UC I actually read, A/L- I'm not sure why they just intrege (I can't spell) and Av/K and K/I
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

To be honest, Max and Liz were over in Destiny. TPTB just wanted to prolong the torture to make it interesting and never reached a satisfying conclusion.

I love Sean/Liz and I'm thoroughly intrigued with Michael/Tess. Tess has easily become my second favorite female character after Liz. Hey hauntedd, if you're reading this thread I'm waiting for your next update. :wink: :wink: I also loved Michael/Courtney and I don't mind Michael/Isabel because they were betrothed in their past lives.

I always thought Kyle/Tess was CC and would have been great together. But, Tess didn't want Kyle, she wanted Max. Liz never really loved and wanted Max and Tess did. If I had to pair Max with anyone then it would be Tess. Why would Max ever want Maria? Max had a beautiful blonde queen just waiting on the sidelines to love and adore him and Liz paved a clear pathway to him. Add to the fact that I could never stand Maria in all the three seasons of Roswell so I'm not interested in who she is paired with especially when it's Max.
RTds9fan wrote:Alex/Liz to me always were a too sweet couple.They had that close connection that all best friends have.To me Alex was closer as a friend to Liz than Maria ever was.I mean look how see went at it to prove that Alex was murdered.She went through everyone to get to the truth about her friends death.
ITA!! I loved Alex/Liz's friendship and I wish I was given much more of it.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Liz never really loved and wanted Max and Tess did.
Not to be rude but WHAT???!!! I'm having a hard time not taking offense to that and in turn not offending you, which is something that I don't want to do.

*Deep, even breath*

Ok, i'm genuinely interested, how did you come to that view?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

I think a lot of it had to do with mistaking love for hero worship. Kinda this cycle of both of them holding each other up on a pedestal and both falling off. Neither was perfect, but saw perfection in one another, and when that was tarnished when they both did the wrong thing.

For me it was just a matter of never really seeing each other.
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
Chickenhead8123
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Chickenhead8123 »

I have always loved Michael and Liz together. I was so happy when it looked like they slept together in Two Parties episode. They are a good couple because they are so sweet together. But I also read Max and Liz too. :D