Stargazers and the myth of NC-17

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Just wanted to post really quickly to make sure that it's clear that I wasn't aiming any of my comments at you Cardinalgirl. Just discussing it in general and in reference to what seems to be a general trend. :D
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

No worries. We're all friends here. :D
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Wow... what a topic.

Well, I just wanted to say... I was one of the people who didn't see Alex and Isabel in that way... because, for a long time, I just refused to see them as more than these silly kids who liked each other.

Now, after delving deeper into their characters, really exploring their chemistry, I have to agree, that because they were "sweet", and very proper, did not mean that they did not want each other. Quite the contrary, it was because of their level of emotional understanding that I think they would have made good lovers.

I do not personally read too many NC-17's either. They simply aren't my preference. But I can see the trend you all speak of. I think the more we get a taste of our A/I, the more we'll be willing to be more open to what the two are capable of. Meaning that, they will become more real, rather than just the versions the show presented... we can see into the dimensions that were touched, but never explored.

Yea... that's it. lol Again, great topic.
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

As a lurker for the past 3 to 4 years to any Roswell fanfiction sites I must let you know that I have been fortunate enough to come across many Stargazer Nc-17 stories (I read anything and everything about my favorite couple!)

Many of the sites that I used to lurk are no longer active and I am unable to find the stories (Luckily I saved some to disk for later reading material at work). My favorites of these were the following:

The Seduction Of Alex Whitman (which I can't remember what site I read it)

Exploration/ Exploration Redux
Nothing
Discovering Ecstasy

These fics can be found at the Roswell Crashdown website:

http://www.crashdown.com/fanfic/afterhrs/

Hope these help get someone in the right direction for looking for some good A/I fics!

Keep writing and I'll keep reading!!

Kara
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

yeah, nice A/I stories :)

the seduction (and it's sequel: the claiming) of Alex Whitman can be found at the page of its author Labyrinth who doesn't write anymore :(

here's the link: http://www.darklabrynth.com/
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

I just read The Claiming/Seduction of Alex Whitman, and holy cow was it good. :shock: Thanks Trude for posting the link! :D Did that person ever post anywhere but on her own website?

hugs, Lindsay
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

I read it too and it was really good! And not that stargazer authors need to impress Dreamers or anything but it did it for me (and Lindsay too) and that's saying something.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Quint pointed me to Labyrinth's stuff a while back... she is very, very good. :D
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

I know that the Claiming and some other stories of Labyrinth are posted on fanficiton.net - or her page, she didn'T want the stories on other pages
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

NC-17 crap and stuff

Post by Sologirl102 »

I personally think there should be more of it. Authors are making this relationship just too fairy taleish. Next thing you know, shining armor and towers will be involved. I personally love Alex, and he needs to score. I mean, he deserves a story devoted to him and his testosterone. In most stories, he's depicted with too much estrogen, due to his best friends being girls. Alex, i know you don't really exist, but if anyone deserves some below the belt action from the ice princess, it is TOTALLY you. :D