Stargazers and the myth of NC-17

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Thanks, Kara! You have no idea how awesome that makes me feel!

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

Welcome April :) I don't read alot of fanfic anymore but I will check it out :) Thanks for the link
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Stargazers and the myth of NC-17

Post by killjoy »

You know I've also noticed this....and yes I know this is a Gazer thread but it goes with this subject....but with the exception of Maria/Alex stories,there is very rare him having sex with any other girl from the show either.And the Alex/Maria NC17 are not that common either.

Here's a guestion.......Do you think this whole myth might have something to do with the fact Alex wasn't quite the musclar manly man that say Max,Michael and Kyle were? THat he might not have had the visual pull that the other three young men had when it comes to the idea of getting down and dirty? :wink:
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I think it's more just the fact that canonically, he was never interested in anybody but Isabel (and Leanna, I guess you can say, but we never really saw that). I was just thinking the other day about how Colin was the only one of the guys who only ever kissed one girl on the show. Think about it.

Jason - Liz, Tess
Brendan - Maria, Isabel, Courtney, (as Rath) Liz
Nick - Liz, Isabel, Tess
Colin - Isabel

So it kind of makes sense that people write more shippy UCs with the other characters, because really if you continue that list, he's the only character out of the eight who only kissed one other character on the show. Which is interesting.

(just out of curiosity...)

Shiri - Max, Kyle, Rath, Sean
Majandra - Michael, Billy
Katherine - Alex, Michael, Kyle, Kivar, Jesse
Emilie - Max, Kyle

Well, actually Jesse only ever kissed Isabel, also. Interesting. I'm probably missing one or two (I'm just not going to list Morgan Fairchild) but it's partially just that we saw a taste of all these other ship possibilities. A lot of people just go off of what they've seen, so... *shrugs*
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok here's another thought......and I'm just shooting ideas out here to be judged not that I think any of them might be true.

But....do you also might think that being trained by two females(Liz and Maria) to be.....as I've read in numerous fanfiction....'one of the girls' might be part of why it's so hard to see Alex in a NC17 role?
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

I think, the reason why in FF Alex isn't getting it on like the other males could be mostly his 'girlfriend'-status. He was always called 'one of the girls'. If a male character is put into that category that he is friends with girls and has no problem to show some female traits,you see that person as not really sexually active.

Alex was also seen as the reasonable one. The one people want to hear his advice and then seeing him as sexual active would be (maybe) not 'right' in their POV.

another reason could be his physical appearance. Alex wasn't the hunk like Kyle or Max but it doesn't mean he was less attractive or sexy.