Discussion: Alex or Isabel

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Discussion: Alex or Isabel

Post by killjoy »

Ok first off I never meant to say none of the guys ever acted like an ass on the show :oops: They're guys like myself...we can't be guys without acting like asses from time to time. :lol:

Second I don't think I was bad mouthing a character.......ok maybe I was a tad...but all characters have thier faults that get pointed out and talked about by people who don't like that character very much.One can only point to Tess on this board as prove.To be quite honest I don't hate Isabel or anything.In fact after Kyle/Tess and than Kyle/Isabel..Alex/Isabel is a favortie ship of mine. As I was trying to say I just think she treated Alex badly during the Grant thing and while I'll listen and respect the reasons made for her actions I don't agree with them.

Now on the subject of the guys acting bad to the girls on the show.Ohhh I know that was common Can we all say "Michael" :lol: And yes Max did act like an ass while Liz was trying to solve Alex's death.But I give room on that seeing how as far as he knew Liz cheated on him with Kyle so he had reason to be mad at her.....if he took that to far during and after CYN?....well that can be argued.

Now having said that I don't want any hard feelings with anyone who supports Isabel and hope this can be a thing we can all agree to disagree on :mrgreen:
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

No worries Killjoy, it's a discussion.

Even though I'm quoting and answering you directly, in my answers I'm not trying to say you specifically did something unless it's directly about Isabel. In other words when I said I don't want to bash an character I wasn't meaning that you did, it's just something I prefer not to do.

Ok I have to ask :lol: :lol: What so bad about being a geologist?
Nothing bad about it at all I just don't find it all that exciting.

P.S. But Pooh! He was a cool geologist. With neat electrical toys and whatnot. :lol: ROCKS ARE COOLER THAN YOU THINK!
Okay, I keep forgetting that I'm surrounded by geeks.... :wink: I personally think rocks are kinda...well boring 8)
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Grant was older, earning his own money, allowed to vote, from out of town ... what's not to love for a 18 year old small town girl (or at least fitting for the stereotyp of the popular teenager, isn't it)? :roll:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

killjoy wrote:Ok first off I never meant to say none of the guys ever acted like an ass on the show :oops: They're guys like myself...we can't be guys without acting like asses from time to time. :lol:

Second I don't think I was bad mouthing a character.......ok maybe I was a tad...but all characters have thier faults that get pointed out and talked about by people who don't like that character very much.One can only point to Tess on this board as prove.To be quite honest I don't hate Isabel or anything.In fact after Kyle/Tess and than Kyle/Isabel..Alex/Isabel is a favortie ship of mine. As I was trying to say I just think she treated Alex badly during the Grant thing and while I'll listen and respect the reasons made for her actions I don't agree with them.

Now on the subject of the guys acting bad to the girls on the show.Ohhh I know that was common Can we all say "Michael" :lol: And yes Max did act like an ass while Liz was trying to solve Alex's death.But I give room on that seeing how as far as he knew Liz cheated on him with Kyle so he had reason to be mad at her.....if he took that to far during and after CYN?....well that can be argued.

Now having said that I don't want any hard feelings with anyone who supports Isabel and hope this can be a thing we can all agree to disagree on :mrgreen:
I only have one thing to correct in this. And that's the fact if Liz had slept with Kyle she would not have been cheating on Max. She told him time and time again that it was over between them, but he chose not to listen. So neither of them cheated in reality.

But the rest I agree with you on. I take Alex's side all the way. I mean, I can understand where Isabel's coming from as well, that's why I still love her. But at the same time, it's totally wrong to tell Alex that she wasn't ready to be with ANY guy and then she just goes and hooks up with Grant. I do believe she loved Alex, but I think part of her hesitation was fear and another part was just not really appreciating what a good thing she had in Alex.

And there was that side in Isabel--that popular, pretty girl side--that just loved having Alex fawn over her all the time. And you could see that it bugged her when Alex came back from his "trip" and he wasn't being her lovesick puppy anymore. I love Isabel to death, but she did have a bit of the pretty girl syndrome. She was beautiful, she knew, and she liked to use it a bit. :lol:
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

I tend to like both characters equally, but lean towards one more when certain characters and situations are involved.

Thinking about the humans...I tend to naturally fall with Alex...especially for Maria for some reason. I find that I can write extremely witty dialog between these two characters and whenever I'm writing a fic involving Maria...Alex is very close by.

I can easily see Alex/Isabel as just friends than lovers...maybe because their relationship never got a chance to blossom on the show, but I prefer Isabel/Kyle over Isabel/Alex.

When writing fics though...I tend to use Isabel as my main character. I tend to identify more with her. She has flaws that can easily be used as well as a strong personality that can be very helpful. She has awesome NAZI quirks...plus being one of the aliens, we got to see her interact with the other characters more than we ever saw from Alex. I feel like I know Isabel...and at the same time, I feel like I don't really know anything about Alex. Sure I know some of his basics...but we never got to see his internal conflicts until a few episodes before he was killed. I think the biggest one that showed us glimpse of who Alex Whitman really was (not involving Liz/Maria directly) was where he punched Michael for Maria's sake. I feel like I can only really identify the "true" Alex (in my mind) through Maria for some reason.

Of course...I can write fiction where Alex and Isabel are together...but usually it never starts of with Alex by himself. He always has to be with Maria or some other character because I for some reason feel like I don't know him enough to be able to just write about him and him only. I can start of with Isabel seeking Alex out, but not the other way around. Also...when ever I write a Kyle/Isabel fic...that leaves Alex out...its takes me forever to figure out how to pair Alex with someone not Isabel...because I just don't feel like I know him well enough.