Why Oh Why Oh Why

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Izzy&Alex 4eva wrote:5) I don't support them apart or with any others in any situation.
If you support them with others you should just merely call yourself a supporter of A/I when the situation calls for it.
Funny, but there's a ton of Stargazer fics where Alex hooks up with a girl and it's okay because it makes Isabel jealous... like a plot device.

But if Isabel does it, somehow that's just not acceptable.

Color me confused.

But if you take the label "Stargazer" from me, I really don't mind. All it is is a label, after all. And to be quite frank, it never made that much sense to me in the first place. Have you ever really watched the stargazing scene in OotW? Because it's not romantic. Or even nice. It's awkward and it's embarrassing, and definitely not the thing I love about this ship.

If you don't want me to call myself a Stargazer anymore, that's fine, but I've made some great friends through this ship... I'm sorry to see a couple of those friendships crumbling over a little diversity in interests. :(
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

I agree Lisa, Gazers I have always thought were about a couple who came together..when NO one thought they would. 2 very insecure people, who found each other in love because of something they found to have in common...a secret. Alex understands Isabel like no one can. Just because I like Isabel with someone else does NOT mean I am not a Gazer. IMO you can ship who ever you fricken like as long as your NOT hurting one person over another when you write them. That is demeaning and injustified bashing of characters

When I like someone on a show, I just want them to be happy, period.

As far as the Stargazer name , I think it's great and unlike any of the others. Lisa is right it was a ackward moment.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

truelovepooh wrote:As far as the Stargazer name , I think it's great and unlike any of the others.
That much is true. I like the sentiment behind it, even if the origin still puzzles me a bit. :D
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

I find it funny that we are so um...vehement about ships in a show that ended almost five years ago. It's make believe, and there are only so many stories to be written that focus on A/I eventually their going to have to be paired with other couples or we'll just be rewriting the same stories.

Anyhow...I just don't get it. I myself love A/I together but I enjoy other pairings for each of these people and amazingly, I am a huge CC'er, :lol:
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

truelovepooh wrote:Who made this rule?
I did, have a problem with that?

Yes, a mjority of Gazer fics usualy has Isabel with someone before Alex.
& on the odd occasion Alex with someone before Isabel.
Did i say anything along those lines? NO i did not :x
But like usual as i have seen from my years stalking boards, you have yet to prove me wrong. Anytime someone even remotely says something that you can assume was bad about Isabel you go on the attack :lol:
And not far behind is the trusty Truelovepooh.
IMO you can ship who ever you fricken like as long as your NOT hurting one person over another when you write them. That is demeaning and injustified bashing of characters
Who said anything about hurting?
Best way to say it would be for example. Like Alex.
Now Alex was a plain and simple character really. He loved Isabel.
(yes there was more to him than that, better put that there before i get another rant) twisting and saying anything different is more like a bashing in my case. Because you have just gone against one of the major things he was about and that was he loved Isabel.
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

Izzy&Alex 4eva wrote:
truelovepooh wrote:Who made this rule?

Did i say anything along those lines? NO i did not :x
But like usual as i have seen from my years stalking boards, you have yet to prove me wrong. Anytime someone even remotely says something that you can assume was bad about Isabel you go on the attack :lol:
IMO you can ship who ever you fricken like as long as your NOT hurting one person over another when you write them. That is demeaning and injustified bashing of characters
(yes there was more to him than that, better put that there before i get another rant) twisting and saying anything different is more like a bashing in my case. Because you have just gone against one of the major things he was about and that was he loved Isabel.
you know..you're new here so I'm going to give you a piece of advice...don't bash the mods. It's not a very intelligent thing to do. If you're going to come and post and be hurtful to people maybe you should go back to "stalking" the boards
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

Yes I do, who makes you the authority on anything?
Huh?
Did i say anything along those lines? NO i did not
But like usual as i have seen from my years stalking boards, you have yet to prove me wrong. Anytime someone even remotely says something that you can assume was bad about Isabel you go on the attack
Well stalking boards is always a good thing I guess :roll:

Lisa is clearly not attacking anyone, and why should she not stick up for Isabel, her opinion is just as important as yours. I can't say trusty is a bad word :wink:

again HUH? Twisting what and saying anything different about what? Didn't I say Alex knew Isabel better then anyone. The problem I have is you register here and start right away with bashing PEOPLE. Get off your high horse and try to join in the convo instead of starting crap....
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

Thanks for the advice, it flew in one ear and right out the other :D
I did not come here to be hurtfull or bash any mods in anyway.
That is wrong period.
Didn't I say Alex knew Isabel better then anyone
& Truelovepooh, appologies for that, i was just getting ahead of myself by replying to 2 people in that post :oops: and just done it all wrong.
Yes you did say that, so hay i made a mistake, people sometimes get confused :lol:

So i appologise, whether you accept that or not..well that's up to you.

Ohwell lets drop it, i anly came to make an opinion, which Kzinti_Killer
said ones aloud to and i get ganged up on by some people who disagree by it.

Was just trying to defend my first opinion with posts after, but i realise now that it's best to lay down and accept the kicking.
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

Ohwell lets drop it, i anly came to make an opinion, which Kzinti_Killer
said ones aloud to and i get ganged up on by some people who disagree by it.

The problem is in the process of posting you OFFENDED about 25 people!
So i appologise, whether you accept that or not..well that's up to you.
I accept your apology. I also can respect your opinion, however we all have them and you have to understand the way you came across. No one is Kicking you but when you come in fighting, well....it seemed to me as you were talking about a certain person, bashing their choice for a ship.
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

Thank You.

~Melanie~