The Missing Piece (CC, MATURE/ADULT accepted)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*bump*
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I know Kat is busy just now, but I still want to give this a *bump.*

Max is kinda out of the story for now. I'm looking forward to seeing the Alex/Isabel stuff.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: not sure if this is really going to go anywhere, but we've mentioned it a couple of times so I thought I'd give it a go Isabelle, if you want me to change anything just say.

~Liz~

“So how’s everything going then…?” Jim asks me casually as we’re sat at the table a little later.

It’s a really simple question of course, and he doesn’t mean anything like it, but considering everything that’s been happening recently it holds rather more meaning for me than him and I choke, my water slipping down the wrong way as my eyes widen and I try to recover myself. “Oh, it’s fine thanks Jim, just a little busy with stuff you know…” I respond vaguely, half fearing what Kyle might try to say as I rush to redirect the conversation. “How about you, is everything okay at work…?”

I reach for my fork as I wait for his answer, lifting a forkful of rice and goodies to my mouth and chewing. As usual, it’s already been dosed in tobasco by Kyle it seems, which causes me to flash a smile in his direction. “Tasty…”
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Will be trying to post when I get home from D*C. I'm half way home now. Stopped the night with a friend so we could get some sleep.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~LIz~

"How's school going...?"

I look up, having been lost in my thoughts as Jim speaks. "What, oh, yeah, it's okay..." I shrug slightly, not really having much to say. That in itself is pretty unusual for me I guess, but I have other things on my mind at the moment I guess, school is important certainly, and I'll always try my best, but somehow it doesn't seem to have the urgency that it used to...

Does that mean I've made my choice...? It's a question I keep asking myself, over and over. What's going to happen as and when we find the pod chamber, am I going to go back with them, or am I going to stay here...? Give up Max and the others, or Kyle and Jim - the closest thing I've known to a family before...

Either way, I give up something huge... Am I ready to make that choice...? - Simple answer is I don't know...

"Liz...?"

I blink, realising I must have zoned and shift awkwardly as I look back at Jim. "What...oh, sorry..."

"Are you okay...?" He looks at me questioningly as I continue to wrestle with my thoughts...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Is Maria still open? :wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

Yes, she is, and if you want her, you've got her :). Unfortunately I'm busy this week and away the following one, but beginning of December I hope to have everything sorted out and started up again properly, possibly with a skip in time to get things back on track...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Okay, Well I'll wait to post until then. I'm glad to be aboard. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: okay, here we go

As from now, we're skipping a little over a week, to the night of the dance at school to try and get this moving again. Hope that works for everyone, and unless anything changes, we should be looking at late January, early February for the next skip to take place so we have a little under two months for this time slot, hope that will be okay for everyone.

First I have a JP written by Isabelle, Storm and I, for Liz, Max, Sarah, Kyle and Terry. This is in third person because it's a jp, but all subsequent individual posts should revert to first person as usual.

BIC

Arriving at the school at night wasn't a new experience for Kyle. He'd played more than a few night games. But tonight was different. Tonight, even the outside of the school was different, bathed in extra lights and the parking lot filled with cars. As he found a place to park, he saw other couples dressed in their best and walking carefully into the gym, which had been transformed to some sort of approximation of a club.

He came around and opened the door for Sarah, feeling a bit bad about Liz in the back seat. He watched her carefully, trying to read her expression, even as he tried to makes sure that Sarah felt she had his complete attention.

"Here we are," he said, taking Sarah's arm. "Everything okay, Liz?" he asked. He knew that Max was going to be here and had already told her how much he disapproved of the idea but it hadn't seemed to make any difference. He just didn't know how to make her see things his way.

Liz clutched her bag in her hands a little more tightly as they drove through the entrance gates. A part of her still questioned the viability of this whole idea, even if she hadn’t let on to Kyle when he had made his displeasure known. Letting him know she was questioning things like this at the moment wasn’t exactly the best idea she couldn’t help thinking, and to his face she had tried to seem as determined as ever…

As the day had drawn on though, and the evening approached, she had indeed began to worry, about whether it would work, what if someone saw…? Swallowing, she drew in a deep breath as Kyle parked up and she moved to climb out of the car.

Another time he might have come round to get the door, but of course she wasn’t his date, he was just giving her a lift, something which she hoped wasn’t going to cause problems between him and Sarah, and she didn’t intend to intrude any more than absolutely necessary.

Looking up as she heard his voice now, she nodded and forced a small smile, smoothing the skirt of her dress carefully over her hips. “What, oh yeah, I’m fine…thanks for the ride, I hope you two have a nice evening…”

Sarah was excited, if not a little nervous. Going to a dance with Kyle was definitely the exciting part, but she was nervous. She was worried she might make a fool of herself or god forbid have a similar dress to someone else. Still, despite her nervousness she was certain that they were going to have a fantastic time and that she would leave with smiles. Even should she trip because she hadn't had the chance to break in these heels?

Just being here with Kyle was enough to make her smile though she did wonder what was wrong with Liz. When they entered the gates, she drew in a breath and smiled, more then ready for the night to begin. She watched as the engine was turned off and would have let herself out but she knew the significance of the night and wouldn't take that away from Kyle.

He was her date. That in itself was something she couldn’t completely wrap her mind around. She had a boyfriend. And what if she messed it up? Okay, so she had been looking forward to it since he’d asked her and she’d fretted for hours with her sister about whether she had a good enough dress, how she should do her hair. Normally, she wasn’t a nervous person, but a first date was always important. Stepping out, she couldn’t keep from smiling as he took her arm. When Liz replied to Kyle’s question, she couldn’t stop herself from saying, “You don’t need to split, Liz.”

She smiled at the girl, she might inwardly be wondering about Kyle and Liz, but if he’d wanted to come with Liz, he would have asked her right? So, as far as Sarah saw it, unless something changed, it was all right. She wasn’t going to let his friend run off just because of her. “We’re all going to have fun.” She turned to smile up at Kyle, bringing her other hand up to cover his where it rested on her arm.

Looking from one to the other, Liz hesitated a moment. She didn’t want to cause problems between the two, she knew they were supposed to be on a date, and the last thing she wanted was to mess things up for them…

Having said that though, entering the gym alone as she had intended originally, really didn’t have that much appeal when she thought about it… Sure, Max would be there when they were inside, and she was looking forward to seeing him, but it wasn’t as though they could openly admit she was his date…

His date…even to her it still sounded a little weird… They were giving it a go of course, and she had even asked him about moving in together, but that last was for practicality more than anything, and it didn’t mean she was anymore nearer making a final decision than at any other time…

So she liked him, she did… But was that ‘like’ something which would grow into a ‘love’, and even if it was, what sort of love was that… It was still just so…confusing…

Biting down on her lip for a moment, she glanced again towards Kyle, trying to read his expression, knowing of course that he had already said he was happy for her to hang out with him and Sarah – in fact she had no doubt he would be happier for her to do that, than spend time with Max she was sure… But still, he would have said that because he was a wonderful friend, but she didn’t want him to feel obliged… “A-are you sure…?” She finally responded, answering with a question of her own as she stood in the moonlight, clutching the bag in her hands.

Sarah smiled and nodded, "Of course! I mean... after all, you are Kyle's friend, no way would I want you to feel that just because we're here as dates that you can't hang out. Friends are important. More important then relationships. I wouldn't be a good kind of person if I was indignant about him having friends around. Just as if anyone ever told me it was them or a friend, they'd have another thing coming. Besides, maybe you could tell me some embarrassing things about Kyle." She joked, wanting to make certain that Liz was at ease. Sure, she'd love to have the chance to be with Kyle alone, but the one thing she'd learned is that friends are more important then relationships and if she expected a guy to give up a friend, then she'd be an idiot. "You can hang with us as long as you want, Liz." She added, her smile remaining. Then, thinking it would be a good idea, not wanting to feel out of line, she turned and looked at Kyle, "Right, Kyle?"

Kyle watched the exchange between the two girls and could sense there was some tension there. Nervousness, maybe, for both of them. Kyle was nervous, too. His first date with Sarah and his attention was a bit divided. Still, he couldn’t help it. Liz was like a sister to him. He was worried about her and wanted more than anything to make sure things were going to be okay with her. Okay here on Earth, he hoped. It wasn’t fair to ask her to give up everything for that stranger.

He felt Sarah’s hand on his and took comfort in that, hoping that she would honestly not mind Liz being around them. It wasn’t exactly ‘romantic’ but maybe it would prevent Max from hovering too much. Of course his other friends would be hanging around too, and that would also help. He was sure that he and Sarah would manage to find enough ‘alone-time’ on the dance floor. Or at least, that was his plan at the moment.

He cringed a little as Sarah joked about Liz knowing embarrassing things about him. Liz knew him better than anyone. Maybe better than his own father did. He trusted her to keep his confidences and not tell his most personal secrets – but there may be more than a few other bits that could be shared… Nah. Liz would never do that.

“Absolutely,” he said, firmly, looking at Sarah and then to Liz. “Let’s go.” He put his free hand about Liz’s waist for a moment, guiding her in the direction of the gymnasium before quickly placing it back over Sarah’s.

“Oh, but then that would be telling…” Liz commented in response to Sarah’s suggestion about embarrassing things. True enough she knew plenty of them of course, and he the same when it came to her, but they weren’t things to be shared, they were a confidence, and one she intended to keep and besides, producing a red-faced Kyle wasn’t top of her list of ‘must do’ things for the evening…

No need to be rude in it though. Afterall, Sarah was being friendly enough which, while she would have hoped she would be, Liz had to admit she would have understood if she hadn’t been… This wasn’t exactly an ideal first date for Kyle or Sarah with her hanging around she was sure…

“Okay, well thanks…” With a slight smile, she sent a grateful look in their direction, nodding as Kyle motioned for them to make a move, and smiling softly as he put his hand on her back for a moment – a gesture of nothing more than friendship of course, but a friendship which she valued an awful lot – and stepped forward, keeping in step with the two of them as they walked up to the open doorway through which the bright lights of the interior could be seen…

Sarah was pleased with herself, she still remembered when Kyle had mentioned picking up Liz and her initial worry that this night wouldn’t feel like a date. Then she’d thought back to things from friendships she’d had before and how they were, the memory of how she’d have a friend who’d get a boyfriend, suddenly her friends weren’t important, and the way it hurt. So, she’d made herself a promise that she would never be like that. And that she wouldn’t let herself come between other people’s friendships.

Seeing the way Kyle looked at Liz also helped, it didn’t seem anything more then friendly and the same was returned. So, as the three of them moved forward she smiled. She really didn’t know a great deal about Liz and Kyle’s friendship and was curious, not in a bad way, just curious. As they made their way toward the interior, she asked both of them, letting them choose who answered, “So, how long have you two known each other? I mean, you to seem to have this tight bond that I had once with a friend but it’s a rare thing, you know?” She smiled at them both and hoped that her sister wouldn’t embarrass her tonight.

Just knowing her sister was a chaperone had her thinking she should crawl under a table because her sister could easily embarrass her. She forced herself not to think about that while she glanced between the two friends and enjoyed walking into the building. They were nearly at the door to the gym and she could hear the music already playing. What would it be like dancing with Kyle? Okay, she knew her mind had a habit of wandering but she was still waiting for them to answer so it was alright that she was thinking on other things as well.

A rare thing, Kyle thought. Yes. It wasn’t many people who were as close as he and Liz were without being more than friends – but more-than-friends hadn’t worked for them. She was just the closest friend he’d ever known. He looked at Liz and saw her looking back at him, seeming to give permission for him to speak for the both of them. They didn’t have any telepathic connection like she did with Max, but he felt that he knew what was on her mind.

“Um. We met in first grade and were friends pretty much right after that,” he answered. He rubbed Sarah’s hand, letting her know he was still thinking of her, even as he looked at Liz in friendship.

Sarah’s question took Liz by surprise somewhat. Not that it was that difficult to answer in essence, but it wasn’t something she would have expected from Sarah. Perhaps she should have been the one to answer here, but she wasn’t really sure where to start… Instead, she looked up, and as Kyle met her eyes, the two exchanged a silent agreement it seemed, before he went on to explain.

First grade…yeah… She could still remember her first day, so scary, so new… She had felt completely alone, and then Kyle had come along… That was before he was a jock of course, just another one of the kids, and a boy at that, but somehow they had just ‘clicked’, in a way it was difficult to explain, and what could have been nothing more than a brief hello, or greeting in the playground, had grown, over the years, into a friendship which she couldn’t imagine being without…

Sarah smiled, looking between the two, "Wow, that is a long time. No wonder you're so close. You've gone through lots over the years with each other." She smiled up at Kyle, simply glad to be there with him. Most thought that the reason she'd accepted was because he was one of the better-known jocks, but that wasn't it. There was just... well, something different about him compared to the other guy's around school. "So, what kind of music are you two into?” She asked, wanting to keep the conversation going because silence would be too awkward considering that she really wanted this date to go well and also didn’t want Liz to think that she wasn't right for Kyle.

Inside the gymnasium, Terry’s gaze continued to hover on the entrance even as the students began to arrive. She wondered what her sister would be wearing, had she ended up with that dress she had been speaking about earlier in the week? Her younger sister had certainly seemed highly taken by it, although details about said dress seemed difficult to come by.

Not to mention the fact that she would be attending with a guy, and not just a friend… When it was mentioned Sarah had been quite definite about that…it was a date!

And the guy was a jock…something which made Terry more than a little uncertain, although anything she had been able to gather from the few questions she had asked around seemed to indicate he should be given a chance – something which she was going to do…she thought…

It was probably just her overprotective nature of course, but until she saw her sister walk through that door, preferably with a smile on her face, she was sure she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything else…

Max watched the teenagers who were already at the dance while members of the prom committee continued with the last minute touches needed – making sure there was enough punch, arranging chairs and the like. They all looked so young. Liz was that young. Only sixteen. Yet he was asking her to make a decision to affect the rest of her life. He didn’t want to force her or rush her. Even now, he’d insisted that she wait a full week before making a final decision about him moving in with her. As useful as that would be, he wanted her to be certain.

He tried to put that aside. Tonight needed to be about tonight. Not the future. Just an evening together with a bit of dancing and music and party-food. They couldn’t be completely together. They’d have to be discrete. But he hoped to get at least a few dances and maybe some quiet conversation.

He watched the preparations and the teens, carefully keeping his eyes off the door. He didn’t want to give anything away when he saw her arrive. No need to create suspicions. There would be enough of that later on. Besides, he didn’t need to see her in order to know that she was getting closer. He couldn’t hear her thoughts since she wasn’t sending any out to him, and he didn’t try to communicate with her, either. But he could still ‘feel’ her. She would be there soon. In fact, if he wasn’t mistaken, she had already entered the building.

Liz smiled at Sarah’s comment as they made their way through the doors and stepped into the light of the decorated gym which was already fast filling with students. Been through a lot – that was understating it… Still, she kept it simple, with a single nod, although it was a moment before she answered the question about their music tastes as she found herself glancing around, searching for Max.

He was there somewhere, she knew he was… And it was because she had wanted it, otherwise Alex would quite possibly have been there as had been originally requested, while Max stayed at home…

Swallowing as she caught sight of his familiar figure, she attempted to keep her thoughts from showing in her expression, keeping from breaking out into a smile, and forcing herself to look back at Sarah now and answer the question. “Well, I guess I like a mixture, which means some of the stuff Kyle likes, some not… Most of the stuff we have in common is just general pop, but there are a few wildcards too of course.” Shrugging lightheartedly, she looked over at the other girl. “How about you?”

Sarah nodded as she listened to Liz's answer and grinned as the question was asked back toward her, "Oh, I'm rather open minded for the most part. Just not big on death metal, but I'll listen to pretty much anything else, including japanese pop music." She replied, glancing around the room and feeling as though she had stepped into another world. The prom committee had done fantastic with changing the gym around and she just couldn't believe that it was the same room. "Looks great in here, doesn't it?" She caught sight of her sister and though she was still afraid Terry would embarrass her, she lifted her hand and waved with a smile.

Sarah smiled and looked between Kyle and Liz as she said, "So should we all dance or get some punch first?" She'd gratefully noticed that so far none of the other girls were wearing the same dress, she’d have simply died. The dress that she’d chosen was one of her favorite colors, a light teal, she hadn’t expected the lighting of the gym to work so well with it. Simply because she’d known her sister might have a cow, she hadn’t chosen the strapless version and had instead got a thin strapped gown with no ruffles or anything that could be considered as frilly, instead it was simply sleek, one color and a light satin. She’d spent a month’s worth of savings on it.

Terry turned back to the door, having been distracted for a moment by a teenager who had looked suspiciously as though they were about to spike the punch. The teen in question, one of the football team she thought, had been hovering by the punch bowl for some time it seemed, and she had decided to confront them upon noticing their hand hovering at their pocket. He had protested at her interference of course, but a few pointed words had soon seen him slipping off to the other side of the gymnasium and she had passed on warnings to other chaperones to watch for him.

Now, as her attention returned to the door though, her eyes widened as she took in the sight of her younger sister walking through the door, accompanied by a brunette and a guy, who she could only assume was Kyle. Her sister’s dress was lovely, she had to admit…although perhaps not what she had expected… And the guy she was with, well…he looked…nice enough she supposed…

The brunette was a something of a puzzle though, she didn’t quite understand how she fit in given that Sarah had been insistent about it being a date, but then perhaps she was reading too much into it – she could just be a friend who the two had bumped into on the way in, and it did seem that the three of them were chatting amiably…

Kyle tensed slightly at Sarah’s mention of dancing. He was very much looking forward to that but he was also a bit afraid that he’d mess up and look the fool. Glancing about, he saw only a handful of people on the dance floor. Maybe it would be best to wait a bit until there were more people? Not that it would make a big difference, he supposed. But what about Liz? Maybe they should stick together until he saw some of his other friends who would hang with Liz for a bit so she wouldn’t feel alone – and so that Max might think twice about approaching her for a bit.

“How about some punch,” he suggested, skirting the dance floor and walking in that direction. “Are you hungry?” he asked both girls.

Max looked about the back of the gymnasium for Terry, reading in her face that Sarah had arrived. And if Sarah was here, that meant that Liz was too. And Kyle. He walked over to Terry before turning in the direction of the door. Only then did he stop to take in the appearance of Liz. She was dressed in a simple but beautiful red dress with spaghetti straps and a loose neckline. He remembered it now from the day they’d first met. She’d been altering it for tonight.

“She looks beautiful,” Max said to Terry, knowing that she would think he was talking about Sarah. Sarah did look beautiful, too, but Max wasn’t really noticing.

Sarah couldn't help but notice Kyle tense since she was on his arm and she wondered if he was as nervous as she was. As he took to the punch suggestion, she simply nodded and smiled at him and Liz. When he asked if they were hungry however she didn't really know how to respond because on one side she was slightly hungry but on the other she was also so nervous that she felt if she ate, she'd get sick. She glanced at Liz, wondering about her, whether she was hungry or if she was alright. She saw one of the other girls from her class wink and smile at her and she felt herself grin as she waved at her before continuing on with Kyle and Liz.

Finally, she nodded, "A little bit." She wasn't sure whether she'd eat as much as she'd nibble a little, maybe on a bread product. She glanced over toward her sister and saw that she was still looking her way. Silently she prayed that protective sister would be replaced by relaxed sister tonight. Of course, she knew better then to think that, but she could hope. Looking back over toward Liz, she smiled, "Are you okay hanging out with us? I mean, if we're cramping the style, I totally understand." She seemed to feel that Liz was somewhat distracted but had no idea why. "Oh, please ignore my older sister if she starts asking all sorts of questions, she's protective." She warned them both, just to be on the safe side. "Sometimes more then I wish." Okay, nervous and happy really weren't the best mix, she thought to herself because she was talking too much and changing subjects too quick.

Hungry…? Actually Liz couldn’t think of anything she wanted less than food right at that moment in time. Of course that could be because of that huge lump in her throat at this moment in time, as she tried to work out how this evening was going to work… She had wanted Max at the dance of course, but had understood his thoughts about it being ill advisable… Then Terry had come to Alex asking about him chaperoning, and Alex, had suggested Max. Or so that was the way that he had described it to her…

And originally that had sounded wonderful. In fact, the thought of him being there had been great, up until maybe about an hour before the dance when she was getting ready… She had been nervous before of course, just as she always was on one of their dates, but then she had begun to think about the dangers this particular one involved, and those nerves had multiplied a thousand times over…

“I-I think I’m okay…” She responded softly, almost missing Sarah’s next words as she looked over towards Max, trying to decide whether to say hi or not. As the other girl spoke however, she forced the decision to the back of her mind for the moment, laughing softly, trying to maintain the appearance of being easy, cheerful and friendly, as she shook her head with a small smile. “Cramping my style – oh, I think Kyle will tell you that’s not likely to happen, since I don’t really have one…”

She paused a moment before continuing, “I’m more worried about doing the same for you…I really don’t want to you guys to feel you have to let me tag along if it’s going to spoil your evening…” Liz looked over at Kyle as she said this, again silently telling him with looks, that she would be okay, before directing her attention now towards the young man stood a little way off and reaching out with her mind. *Hey…*

Terry nodded in greeting as she recognized Max approaching, and gave a little, almost uncertain smile at his comment. On one hand, she was pleased her sister looked good, on the other, she couldn’t help worrying what might happen… “Y-yeah…” She shrugged awkwardly and motioned towards the trio of teens. “I was just about to go over and say hi, want to come with?” She suggested in a friendly manner.

Max smiled as he felt Liz’s voice in his mind. He quickly worked to suppress it to an expression of simple enjoyment of the evening but he had to admit to himself that this connection with Liz always made him glad. *You look beautiful,* he told her.

“Sure,” Max said when Terry suggested that they go and greet the newcomers. He was careful to keep his voice casual although he wanted nothing more than to go talk to Liz. This was their ‘date’ but it couldn’t be in the open. Still, they were together, at Liz’s request, and that made it all worthwhile.

Kyle tried not to frown as both girls rejected his offer of food. Did that just leave dancing? He looked about for one of his friends and spotted Doug standing with his girlfriend Bonnie near a pillar covered with flowers. He was about to direct the girls in that direction when he realized that Sarah was talking about her sister. He looked up to realize that Terry was approaching – with Max.

He steeled himself, wondering what Max was going to say. What would he say? He was immensely uncomfortable about this whole deception. If his father had any idea …

Kyle pushed that thought aside. “Well, I guess we need to go check in,” he said, squeezing Sarah’s hand. He knew that Sarah’s sister would be passing judgment on him that might be just as serious as his brief but painful chat with their parents when he picked her up. “Do you think she’ll eat me alive or will she be gracious and kill me first?”

Sarah smiled, shaking her head as she listened to Liz voice her concerns, "Trust me, Liz. You won't be. It's quite alright." She replied and then at he comment from Kyle on checking in, she turned and noticed her sister moving toward them and her mind went right back into the same prayer she'd been having, please don't let my sister mess this up for me.

In answer to Kyle, she smiled, "Don't worry about her, she's more bark then bite." She laughed softly, trying to help Kyle relax. "She's just a bit worried, but she's not quite as bad as my parents."

“Okay, I guess thanks…” Liz smiled and nodded her acceptance as Sarah again assured her that she wouldn’t spoil the evening. She stood to one side, only half listening to the conversation about Terry, as her focus shifted to the voice she heard in her head. She was sure she must be blushing, but hopefully the subdued lighting of the hall would help hide that…

*Thank you…although I’m pretty sure you’re exaggerating…* She responded, trying to keep the conversation light and to some extent ‘playful’ for the moment, conscious of him approaching with Terry, and knowing that if she said anything more, it would likely be even more difficult to look at him than it would be anyway without giving something away. *You look pretty good yourself though…*
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: and here's a starter for the rest of the group, feel free to bring Maria in whenever you like FaithfulAngel :) HOpe this works for everyone, if you want me to change anything just say.

BIC

~Alex~

Max should be at the dance now, I wonder how it’s going… He seemed happy enough when he set off, and I know that Liz was looking forward to having him there. But then there’s Kyle to deal with, and of course the fact that they can’t be ‘together’ officially…

The party has the potential to be a major disaster in truth, although I'm hoping it won't be... When Terry came to me a couple of nights ago to say about being one chaperone down it had seemed like the perfect solution. Liz had mentioned to him how she wished Max could be there, not wanting to go 'alone' and yet, scared of giving the wrong impression if she went with someone else... If they even invited her - she had said - although he didn't think she would have a problem getting a date... She was an attractive young girl...unfrotunately, the 'young' was the pertinant factor.

She and Max couldn't possibly go together officially, but if Max were there as a chaperone... The idea had seemed like the perfect answer, so I told Terry I was busy, and suggested she ask Max, which she did...

It won't be the best of course, but it's better than nothing, and it's was more time for the two of them away from the rest of us - although then again Kyle will be there, which will no doubt be 'interesting'... Not that I don't undertsand Kyle's reluctance to accept Max, or the rest of us for that matter. The reason behind it is obviously that he cares about his friend, he cares about Liz, and we've come in here and turned her life upside down... It doesn't help though, much like Michael...

I sigh and shake my head as I think about it all... Michael's constant pushing is most definitely not helping, but making him see that, well, that's another matter...

Blinking, I glance over at the clock, noting first the time, and then the fact that Isabel and Maria are conspicious by their absence... Michael is already in the front, watching some sport on the TV I think, but the girls aren't down yet, and we're supposed to be heading out...

A table at a pretty swanky restaurant down town for the four of us... It's not exactly our usual style really, but it's kinda nice to splurge occassionally, and I think we deserve a treat...plus I'm told the food there is fantastic! It's been a while since we double dated. but then the main idea of going out of course is to keep Michael occupied and try to keep his mind away from Max and Liz... Of course we might as well have a nice time as well right...?

Wandering to the bottom of the stairs, I place my hand on the banister and put my food on the first step, wondering about going up, but decide to just call - that way I'm less likely to get roped in to give opinions for which I'm less than qualified... "Maria, Isabel, are you two ready yet, our table is booked for eight!"
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...