Fleeing Roswell (AU, CC, TEEN)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- the group left Roswell just after dawn, so I'm not really sure how we got to sunset already. I was thinking it was still before noon, but I guess we can skip ahead.

*Michael*

"We'll be okay. I know it. We'll be okay," Maria says.

I smile internally. It's nice to hear her say these things, even if I don't have any idea if it's true. I'll do my damnest to make sure she and Max are okay.

In the backseat, I can hear Liz and Max talking. She's worried about him, too, but he seems to be stronger now, sounding more like himself.

"How long til we stop for the night? Or will we keep driving?" Max asks. "So Michael....what's the plan?"

What's the plan? Just to get as far away from Roswell as we can and to keep the FBI from knowing where we are. Liz was complaining that she's hungry. I glance over at Maria, wondering if she is, too. I hadn't realized it until now, but I guess I'm hungry, too.

"Okay, I guess we should stop and eat," I say. "But I wanna get at least another hundred miles before we stop for the night." As much as I want to drive through the night and day, I know we do need to get some rest.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: hope this is okay everyone, I just don't see Liz having had much sleep the night before considering that Max had been taken, and her own experience with Nacedo. Adrenalin would keep her going for so long, but I figure even that could be running low by this time whether it's night or not

~Liz~

Max tells me that he's fine, just sore, but I know that it's something far more than that. The problem is, I don't know if I can ease his pain, because I think it's more mental than physical now. I know that he is recovering, slowly, but those mental injuries are going to take a lot longer, and I know that. I just hope that he'll let me be there and help him through it. I know that he wants to protect me, but I want to be there for him. I know he's been through some horrible things, had some terrible experiences, and I want to be there helping him deal...

"I was just wondering what was planned. I was out of it for a while..."

That's saying the least. He completely zonked when we got in the car. I give a week smile as his knuckles graze my cheek, and I nod as he mentions being a bit hungry. He has a point, to say the least. None of us have eaten since last night at the earliest to my knowlege... I know that Alex and Maria tried to get me to eat while the others were away on their 'rescue' mission, but I couldn't even swallow a drink. Food would not be a bad idea for any of us, but I for one am not going to say that considering that Michael is already in a bad mood with me. Instead, I just lean back against Max's chest, finally allowing the tiredness that I feel to take over as I close my eyes. Until I knew that Max was going to be okay, I couldn't sleep...but now...

Held like this in his arms, I feel safer than I have in a long time. I know this whole situation isn't exactly safe really, but it's an impression. I'm finally allowing myself to relax, and I don't think I realised how tired I was until I did so.

I vaguely hear a mention from Michael of stopping to eat. "Good idea..." I murumer softly, not really speaking to anyone in particular, without opening my eyes.
Last edited by KatnotKath on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Post by magikhands »

Max

Liz lay her head back on my chest and I allowed my arms to wrap fully around her enjoying the warmth her body gave me. She lets out a sigh and I look down to find her closing her eyes.

"Okay, I guess we should stop and eat. But I wanna get at least another hundred miles before we stop for the night." Michael answers me.

I nod and my stomach growls a little at the thought of food.

"Good idea..." Liz murmurs against my chest.

I feel her body relax against me, her weight getting heavier though it doesn't bother me. I'm sure she didn't get much sleep the night before, nor ate much if I know her. My hand absently rubs her back as her breath evens out. I let her rest.

"Thanks Michael." I raise my head and meet his eyes in the rear view mirror.
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by magikhands »

Alex

I chuckle as Isabel hangs up the phone. "Would you really turn the jeep pink?"

She turns and there is mischief in her big brown eyes. I'm known for my goofy sense of humor but Isabel...the Ice Princess...I've never seen her like this before. But looking at her now, I know she would play tricks on her brother to get a rise out of him. This was a side of Isabel I didn't know she had. And I like it.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

OOC: I kind of felt that a little inner Isabel was needed to be seen..... don't know why.... but.... hope it works...

~Isabel~

Max and I hang up the phone and I can't help but smile at his reaction towards my idea of turning the jeep pink. At least, I knew my brother was alright and that he was feeling better. "Would you really turn the jeep pink?" I hear Alex say and turn, looking at him mischieviously.

"Of course I would. If Max pressed me enough." I laugh and turn to look ahead, "I know it doesn't seem like me, does it? Thing is, Max, Michael and I... well we used to until we started taking things so seriously and living in fear... we played tricks often. At least Michael and I. Max was not quite so often." I sigh, surprised that I'm speaking like this and shake my head. "It was a long time ago."

I look over at Alex and give him a smile, "You being here means alot, Alex. Your friendship is important to me. I never thought I'd feel that I could trust any human other then my parents." I pause a moment and look back at the road, "I'm glad I was wrong."
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by magikhands »

Alex

"I'm glad too." I say. I was ecstatic at her admission. I knew it was a big thing for her to trust us humans, but I'm glad that we've gotten close enough to help them.

"And before you know it, you and Michael will be once more playing tricks on each other." I turn and smile at her. "And maybe we can get Max to join in."

I see her smile knowing that she's thinking of those times when the three were free to be normal. "It will be ok Isabel. We'll be ok." I assure her, laying my hand on her thigh. "Max and Michael will find us a place that's safe, where we can settle down and resume our lives."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Kyle*

Tess seems to have fallen silent and I'm not at all sure what to say to her. It just doesn't seem appropriate to start talking about the weather, or school. I'm not sure if I'll ever see the inside of a school again. I have no idea what the future lies.

In fact, I'm not even sure what my role is here. Am I running away from home or have I been kidnapped by aliens? This is just too weird.

I want to ask about my dad. I want to know. But Tess seems to have shut me out. She did say she wasn't there, so maybe she's not the one to ask. I guess that should be Michael, but he's not here. He's in MY car.

"Mind if I turn on the radio?" I ask as I start to fiddle with the dials. Man, Maria has a sh*tty radio. If we were home, I'd offer to get her a deal on a new one. Something with a CD player. This one only has a cassette in it.

Still, I manage to find something to fill the empty air and then I lean back and watch the scenery go by.

*Michael*

An hour later, the jeep has gone silent. A glance in the rear-view mirror shows that Liz appears to be sleeping, leaning against Max's chest. Well, I know she didn't sleep any more than I did last night. Max is just holding her, silently. Maria is watching the road, but her hand has slid over to my side of the seat and is resting on my knee. I can't begin to describe how that feels, or how it feels to be here with her after that fight.

I can't believe I told her that I loved her. Okay, maybe I didn't use those words, but she got the message. I can see that. It feels so good, but I'm ... I don't know. It's like I'm ... afraid. Going into Eagle Rock didn't make me feel like this. Then, I was angry, too. This ... I don't know. How can she love me?

Looking up in the mirror again, I catch Max's eye. I'd like to keep going a bit more. It seems that the girls here are okay, but I don't know about Max. He probably hasn't eatten since before they took him. And then there's the girls and Alex and Kyle to concider, too.

Okay, I convince myself. I'll stop.

Seven minutes later, I pull into a truck stop. A little greasy-spoon diner that offers showers as well as meals. But no beds, I notice. I guess the truckers sleep in their rigs.

"Here we are," I say, stopping the car.
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by magikhands »

Max

"Here we are," Michael announces. I look around and see that he has stopped at a truck stop. There is a sign about showers which sudenly feels like a great idea. More than food for me. I could still feel the residue of Pierce and what he did to me all over my body. The thought of hot water washing over my body was almost as good as the feeling of cradling Liz in my arms.

"We can get some food and showers then decide where to go from here." I look back and see my jeep and Maria's car pull up behind us. "We can't keep three vehicles. We have to decide which to drop...or maybe find something that will hold all eight of us." I suggest.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

I get out of the car and walk around to open the door for Maria. I open Max's door, too, as he still has Liz leaning on him and hasn't moved yet.

"Showers would be great," I agree, hoping they didn't charge too much for one. I'm not sure about the cars, 'tho. We could leave the Jetta, since it's the smallest and that's really Maria's mom's, anyway. But if they find it, it'll be a big fat roadsign telling the FBI which way we went."

Besides the extra gas and the problem of communicating with three groups, I don't see a real pressing reason to get rid of one, but if Max thinks it's a good idea, then it works for me.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

I open my eyes slowly, wondering where I am for a moment as a gentle breeze seems to play over my skin. My pillow feels funny... As I begin to come around though, I realise I'm not in bed though, and my 'pillow', is actually Max's chest... I smile at the feeling of having his arms around me and lift my head up to look at him as everything that's happened begins to come flooding back to me. "Hey...how are you feeling...?" I ask softly as I sit up, stiffling a yawn with my hand and rubbing my eyes as I look around, stretching slightly as I climb out of the car and wait for Max to join me.

From looking at our surroundings, It looks like we're at some sort of truck stop, and I'm presuming that the idea is that we get that food which was mentioned earlier.

I'm not too certain how long I was asleep, but it's still light, so unless I slept right through the night and then into the morning again - and somehow I doubt it, I'm assuming it wasn't too long and it's still the same day it was when we set off. I sigh and look around at the others. "So what's our next move..." I ask softly, running a hand through my hair and straightening my clothes as best I can in the circumstances. Having left Roswell like that, we've got nothing with us except the clothes on our backs and the money we withdrew... When we get chance, it would probably be a good idea to rectify that, because I for one don't fancy being in these clothes indefinitely...

I smile at the insignificant thought, knowing that it's not that important. Far more important of course is staying alive, but thinking about other stuff helps for the moment to keep me from being scared... We've left Roswell, left family, and other friends, and we don't know where we're going... We're on the run from the FBI... I swallow and fiddle with a section of hair as I wait to hear what any of the others might say.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!