Fleeing Roswell (AU, CC, TEEN)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

~Maria~

Michael took me by surprise. I never expected him to react to my confession the way he did but I was in no way complaining. I gently kissed him back. He pulls back Hurry. Be safe. "We will. Come on guys. We better get going before they catch up with us."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

Watching the girls leave, I resume my seat. I bite my lip as she walks up and outside. "Tess," I call sftly, getting her attention before she follows the others. "Take care of her for me. Please."

I know I shouldn't really have to ask. Tess knows the plan as well as Isabel does, but I just have to say it aloud. Internally, I shake my head. I don't know if I'll ever understand Maria, or these things she makes me feel.
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

<<<Max>>>

“You know I was so worried about you…I was so worried that something had…that you might…” Liz trails her words off, and I know that she is thinking the worst. I reach a finger up and gently press it to her lips.

“Shh, it’s okay now. Everything’s okay.” I hate that she had to suffer through being so worried about me. I can’t even imagine how I would feel if anything like what happened to me in…that room...ever happened to Liz.

“I know you were scared, and I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you had to go through that.” I’m sorry that I had to go through that too.

I sigh in exhaustion. I then wince as I feel the sting from the cut on my chest. I shiver a little feeling suddenly cold and extremely drained, but I try to contain it not wanting Liz to worry about me even more. I’m so tiered and all I really want to do right now is sleep. A part of me is glad that Michael stayed after all because I know that if anything were to happen he would be here to protect Liz.

“Michael.” I say calling out to get his attention. I can hear the exhaustion in my on voice. God, I’m so sleepy. He turns and looks at me and I can see a hint of worry in his eyes as well. I hate to worry the two of them, I really do, but I can’t fight my exhaustion anymore. I feel my eyelids starting to drift shut, and I struggle to keep them open. “Will you keep her safe for me?” I ask knowing that he will. I squeeze Liz’s hand affectionately. “I’m just gonna sleep for a little bit okay?” I feel like there are weights on my eyelids slowly dragging them down. I lean back against the cot and close my eyes. Finally submitting to my tiredness. “Only for a little bi…” But I can already feel myself drifting off to sleep.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

As the girls leave with Alex, Max calls me over. He's so pale and drained, I'm amazed he's still awake. I keep my stonewall up so he won't see how worried I am about him, about everyone. When I think about how close he came to being hurt even more, I want to shudder.

He asks me to take care of Liz, like that's not already obvious. "You got it, Maxwell," I tell him. It's what I'm here for. To look after both of them.

Max falls asleep in the middle of a sentance, collapsing entirely on the small cot. I check in the closet and find a musty tarp. "Not much of a blanket, but I guess it'll be better than nothing," I tell Liz as I carry it over to drape over Max. I know Max and Isabel had an old army blanket in the jeep and Maria had some kind of patchwork quilt, but I'm betting both cars are gone. I guess I could check on that in a minute, before I resume my 'post' at the entrance of the mine.

"How are you holding up?" I ask Liz.
Last edited by isabelle on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

“Shh, it’s okay now. Everything’s okay…” Max presses his finger against my lip and I immediately feel guilty that he’s having to try and calm me down. I’m supposed to be helping him, not the other way around…

“I know you were scared and I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you had to go through that…”

I shake my head. “No Max, I’m sorry…I’m sorry...you shouldn’t be having to calm me down…”

He sighs in exhaustion and the I see him wince. My eyes are drawn again to the line of drying blood that’s coming through the makeshift dressing again and I pick up a cloth from the side, dabbing it again. “Easy…I know it hurts…” I tell him softly. He shivers and I can see that he’s completely exhausted. I want to help him, I just don’t know what I can do…

My eyes begin to scan the room, searching for something to cover him with, but I can’t see anything so slip off my jacket, just laying it over his front and pressing my lips against his forehead. “Get some rest…”

Not yet it seems though…he apparently has something else he needs to say. “Michael…”

He sounds so tried, so exhausted…I can barely imagine what he’s been through…

Michael looks over and I can see he’s shocked, or at least a little shaken by Max’s appearance. I don’t blame him…I never thought I’d see Max like this…so weak, he looks so helpless…so not like Max…

His eyes start to close again but he seems determined to stay awake. “Will you keep her safe for me…?”

I smile softly, knowing what he means and even just the small squeeze of my hand means so much. “I’ll be fine Max…I’ll be right here…” I tell him softly.

Michael nods and as soon as he does so, I see max begin to let go. “I’m just gonna sleep for a little bit okay…?” He slips down against the cot and his eyes finally close again. “Only for a little bi…”

“Sure…you rest…” I respond, leaning over and kissing him again as he slips into slumber. My chest tightens, but I can feel his breathing, however laboured and I look up at Michael. “He’s sleeping…”

He nods and goes off to the side of the room, rummaging around before pulling out an old tarp.

“Not much of a blanket, but I guess it’ll be better than nothing…” He tells me as he walks over carrying it. I stand up and nod, helping him arrange it over Max before sitting down next to him again.

“How are you holding up…?”

I bite my lip and shake my head. “As well as can be expected I guess…but I hate seeing him like this Michael… I look at what they’ve done to him, and I just…” I swallow, trying to get rid of the lump in my throat. “I know that you don’t think that he and I should be together, but I love him, and I’d do anything for him… I don’t know what I’d do if I lost him Michael…” I trail off, choking on a sob that rises in my throat.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

"Nah, it's not like that," I tell Liz as I sit down beside her. After a moment's hesitation, I even put a hand on her shoulder. I know she's just as worried about Max as I am, or Isabel. But we got him out. I keep telling myself he's going to be fine if only we can keep him and ourselves safe from the FBI for another few hours - well, actually for the rest of our lives, but the next few hours are going to be the hardest bit.

"Nothing against you in particular. I mean, you've been great. It's just that we have to be careful. We can't be getting this involved with - " humans, I was about to say, but instead say, "anyone."

It's true, too. Max and Isabel have been way too attached to the humans they live with and it's affected them, making them stay when we should have left in September. If we'd done that then, we never would be in this situation now. "We've always had to be ready to leave, and now all of you are involved, too."
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: hope this works, I think I got kinda off track, but I'm struggling to get back to what I originally intended, so since it's been a while anyway, I thought I'd post what I have.

~Liz~

I look up at Michael a little surprised as I feel his hand on my shoulder. Is this the same person…? I guess what has happened has effected us all…

“Nothing against you in particular. I mean, you’ve been great. It’s just we have to be careful. We can’t be getting this involved with…” He pauses a moment and although he obviously changes his mind, I have a feeling I know exactly what he was going to say. “…anyone…”

I bite my lip. I don’t want to admit it, but Max is going through all this because of me…he saved me, and he put himself in danger by doing so… Swallowing, I look up at Michael. “You think he should have left me there…? – Maybe you’re right. He wouldn’t have been through all this then…he’d be safe at home and the FBI wouldn’t be anywhere near him…

I think Maybe Michael is surprised at what I’m saying and I run a hand through my hair, pushing it back from my face. “Maybe you’re right…maybe I shouldn’t be here, and then the rest of you would all be safe… I love Max, I never wanted him to be put in danger because of me…” I’m repeating myself but I just can’t help it…I don’t know what else to say.

“Michael you don’t have to close yourself off from everyone… Maria, Alex and I, we’re all here for you guys. I know you don’t think we should have been told, but we were, and although it’s less than a year ago, if you really think about it, I think you have to agree that was a long time ago… We’ve been through so much, but one thing you guys have to realise, is that not only can you trust us, but that each one of us, loves one of you, in the most basic way…

he shakes his head. “We’ve always had to be reasy to leave, and now all of you are involved too…”

I nod and look up at him. “You’re right Michael…we’re involved… It hasn’t been three and three for a long time – you should have realised that by now… Roswell won’t be anymore safe for us than it is for you…” I’m not trying to make him feel guilty I promise…I know it might seem that way, but there’s a reason for saying these things… I take a breath and continue. “But you see that’s not why we’re coming with you… You might think that we have no choice, and you’re probably right now, but I think each one of us made this choice a long time ago…when it was still ours to make…” I trail off awkwardly, wondering if that made any sort of sense at all, and if it did, if by any chance I’m getting through to him.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

I frown as Liz starts saying that Roswell isn't safe for her or Maria, either. I know she's right, but I don't have to like it. No, I don't blame Liz. It wasn't her fault she got shot. Max was the one who had a choice, and well, maybe there was something more I could have done to be sure that nobody realized what was happening. Who knows?

I do know that if we had left back in September none of this would have happened. The FBI wouldn't have found us. Max would be safe. Maria and the others wouldn't be in danger. And ... and we would never have found River Dog or the cave. And Maria ... I bite my lip, trying to cut off that thought.

Mud, damn it! Mud.

I would never have known Maria the way I do, the thought comes anyway. I would have missed out on all of that. Liz is right. It was her choice. Maria actually wants to be with me. I haven't been able to figure that out. She actually loves me and ...

"Listen, Um..." I say, raking my hand through my hair. "I'm gonna see if the girls and Alex took one car or two. If they left one, there might be a better blanket." Quickly, I turn on Liz and head outside. When I get there, I see both cars are gone. Part of me is glad about that. They'll be safer that way. But it means we don't have a blanket and we don't have any good way to escape if anyone does come.

Well, I guess I'll just have to be sure that if we are found, we won't need to run. We'll have to stop 'em here. Or steal one of their cars. Yeah, that'll work.

With a shrug, I head back down into the mine. Liz is still watching me and I can't help but notice that she looks hurt. Well, dammit, what does she expect from me? I'm not Max, okay? I can't talk about stuff like this.

"Nothing," I tell her. "Sorry."
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

Michael mutters something about going to check and see if he can find a proper blanket as I mention Maria. I wish that he would allow himself to open up to her… Maria loves him, anyone with even the slightest bit of sense should be able to see that. The problem is, as I’m beginning to realise, that the answer isn’t that Michael doesn’t see it, but that he’s afraid to let anyone get close to him… he’s built this high wall around himself, and I don’t know what it’s going to take to break it down…

Well...maybe Maria’s started, but there’s still a long way to go…

I wonder about saying something to that effect to him, but decide it probably wouldn’t do any good… There’s no reason why Michael would talk to me rather than Maria…

Besides, I’m worried myself, and almost feel guilty for thinking about anything other than the figure lying on the bed. He’s hard and fast apparently, and I reach out, taking his hand and lifting it to my lips. Kissing it gently, I swallow, trying to hold back tears which threaten to flow. “I love you Max Evans…” I whisper softly, laying his hand back down on top of the make-shift cover and remaining there with my hand over his.

I’m still sat like this when Michael comes back, and I look round at him. I don’t know what I expected…Michael’s never really spoken to me before, why should that change now…? I sigh and shake my head mentally.

“Nothing…sorry…”

I nod, acknowledging his response. “I-I don’t think it matters so much to him anyway…he’s sleeping…” I comment before looking back at him. “Michael…what happened there…when you got him out…?” I ask after a moment.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

I keep my face completely neutral, even when Liz starts asking about what was at Eagle Rock. I don’t even know how I can explain it to someone who wasn’t there. What words could possibly explain how it felt to be hiding in corners, knowing that if we were discovered, we’d all be caught? That Max was already suffering unspeakable things while we waited, helplessly, hoping to figure out how to get to where he was. Do I even want to try to explain to Liz? She always acts like she’s strong, but she’s not like us. She’s a nice normal girl from a nice normal family. Do I need to give her nightmares?

But the look on her face tells me she’s already fighting demons, her imagination running wild. I can’t even re-assure her, because the truth is probably far worse that what she’s fearing. Still, I guess I need to say something, unless –

No, I can see the door from here. I should be closer, in case anyone comes, but I can stay here long enough to answer, and I suppose I have to.

“It was bad, Liz, just like Isabel said. They drugged him, they hurt him. You can see that…” I say, glancing at Maxwell as he sleeps. I know part of it is the drugs, but he’s also exhausted from the pain and from living in a constant state of fear. When Isabel couldn’t get through to him, I was so afraid we’d be too late, but I couldn’t let that show then, or now. My face hardens as I think about Pierce and the goons who hurt Max. If I ever get my hands on them…

“What happened?” Liz asks again. Her voice shakes as she strokes Max, running her hand down his hair, down his arm…

I straddle my chair again, staring at her. “We got into the building okay, but we couldn’t get past the security into the labs. Isabel tried to dreamwalk him, but it was hard for her. Then Nacedo showed up. He knew how to get past the gate.” I stop myself, realizing too late that she probably already knows that much. Isabel and Tess must have told her that much and more while they were all waiting for me and Max outside.

“When we got there, he was – he was… You saw his chest, Liz. They were about to cut him open.”