Vacationing From RPGs *Please Read*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

I got back from Vacation Early!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I will be away until Friday the 13th. I'll try to post while on the road, but I may fall behind a bit...
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

yeesh, sorry about this, but my computer is on the fritz. the hard drive has become completely corrupt, and i haven't been on the computer in like two or so weeks. i'll try to get on from my local library asap to reply. sorry for the hold up everyone....
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

Guys, I've been trying so hard not to do this, but the simple fact is that I can't deal with all the rps at the moment. If I'm lucky, I'm managing to post a couple of times a week, and more likely, it's less. Basically, I'm working long hours at work, and am tired when I get home. I hate saying this, because most of you know my writing is very important to me, but every post I put out seems to be a struggle. My mind just isn't on the characters, when I come home, all I want to do is flop, maybe watch some tv, not write...

Occassionally I find a spurt of inspiration for my fics, which is why they're continuing to be updated albeit not regularly, but most stuff recently has been based on things already written in rough, and worked on because of guilt as opposed to anything else. I feel awful for the lack of my posting on the rps, I don't want to give them up, because over the time I've been writing I've become extremely attached to the characters I've been playing, but this just isn't fair on you.

So, I'm basically asking to take a leave of absence, a break, ideally if someone would be willing to temp my characters (if not one person, the Isabelle, Stormwolfstone, Madroswell are free to use my characters certainly as they think appropriate and if they want), I would hope to be back, but it might be a couple of months and I understand if the owner of the threads prefer just to replace me.

I hope that you guys will believe me when I say this is a really hard message to write, because I don't want to give up. I have so many friends here, who I hate to think I won't be writing with, and the stories we've been telling have been great, I've enjoyed every minute of them, but I just can't do it right now. I'm so sorry to everyone I've been holding up, I know I've constantly been saying that I hope to get caught up, and it just hasn't happened, but I honestly did want to do so, and I have tried... I'll miss writing with you guys, but I just have to so this, I'm sorry.

Kat
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Dreamer_Dreaming »

Don't worry Kat, I understand how hard life may seem at the moment. Good luck with your job. I'm glad you finally found a job. I remember you telling me you were looking for one.

Anyways, good luck with everything, and I can't wait to see around her again.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Sorry that I have been MIA of late... so much has been happening IRL I almost quit RPG's altogether. I was far too tempted to do just that because as much as I love writing and RPG's it seemed as though I would never have my muse return for even the smallest of things or that I would never have the time to do anything here at all.

I've done one post as of this time today, I will be trying to do some more posting tomorrow when I get into the office as my assignments aren't as much this week. Also, come the end of this month I will have a full week off of school so I can hopefully get more done.

I'm sorry if I've held anything up and if there's anything someone needs me to post more immediate then others, feel free to send me a message.

Thanks...

Storm
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

n/m I'm done. I might as well leave now. I can't seem to please a single person so I guess I'm gone. I don't know if I'll leave RF altogether but I'll be posting a list of games that I'm dropping in the next few days... games where I obviously can't make anyone happy when no one even contacted me or gave a single thought about what I might be doing... and games where I'd made mention of some things outside of the board about problems I was having
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Here's the deal, my Papa Non has been in hospital for six weeks. This weekend the doctors finally decided to tell us that he has cancer. Its not looking good. The doctors have told us he has two months at most if he doesn't have an operation that he is too weak to have.

I hope that you all understand that at the moments roleplaying is the last thing on my mind. I will try and keep up with posts as much as possible.

Ruby
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

I know my inability to post for some time has inconvenienced people already, but I have decided that I am not going to be able to continue on here on RF within the Players Club. I will still be working on fics that are currently in the works, but as much as I once felt as though this was a home, a haven from all stress, I find myself stressing just as much the fact that I can't get caught up nor do I seem to be able to make others happy.

If anyone in my games is interested in taking them over, please let me know. Some I may be putting up as Fanfic challenges as well, plus I have convinced a friend to possibly take a couple over though they might make some changes.

Dormroom Diaries was not my original idea, so that I can not say someone else can take.

Roswell Next Generation was also not my idea, but I will be contacting Anna with a question regarding that.

I'm sorry about this decision needing to be made, maybe one day in the future I'll be able to return but I have a feeling it won't be until my schooling is over in a few years, when things have completely calmed down.

I will miss every one of the friends I've made on here, miss talking with you, writing with you and I hope to keep in touch.

Ruby, I have you and your family in my thoughts. I pray that comfort finds all of you and strength binds you together in this hard time.
A List of All My Fics

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Storm, its been great fun roleplaying with you. :) I wish you all the best.