Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, Adult) SPOT OPEN

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, NC-17) SPOT OPEN

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- the clothing would depend on how long it took them to get from the facility to the granolith. If they got there in one day, having already known (somehow) how to find it and how to work it, then they'd probably still be in hospital scrubs. However, if it took a couple days, or weeks or months to figure all that out and find the chamber, they'd probably have found/stolen/made some other clothes in the interum. I'm guessing that they stole the documents that the facility had on them, probably including the translation that Alex made of the destiny book and maybe Liz's journal. (In which case, they would know about Tess being a traitor.) But it still would have taken some time to figure it out -- unless the granolith was at the facility, having been located by the FBI?
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm surprised as Dominick appears at my elbow. Are we friends again? It's not hard to answer his question.

"His mother named him, not me. She named him after me." I look at Vega, glad she's near enough to hear this, too. "I don't know how much you know about who we are. We were living on another planet called Antar and we were killed. We re-created as hybrids, part human/part alien. The bio-engineers made two sets of the four of us. On Antar, my name was Zan. On Earth, my parents named me Maxwell. The Dupes in New York didn't have Earth parents and they kept their Antarian names. Your father was my dupe so he was called Zan."
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: I think they would've been out for at least a short period of time. Like you said, they would've needed time to figure it out. It would have been pretty difficult to do all that studying under the watchful eyes of their captors, so maybe we can just assume that they stole the documents, broke out and took some time to study it in hiding, and somehow figured out the location of the chamber through Liz's descriptions in her journal? (But if they had her journal, wouldn't Dominic have known about the whole Zan thing?) I would think that they'd need some alterations made to their clothing, given that they're about two decades ahead. What do you reckon?

Isabel

I feel overwhelming sympathy for Max, who's clearly a lot more scared than he's letting on. I've known him all my life - Max the brother, Max the son, Max the leader, Max the hopelessly lovesick boyfriend. But now I'm seeing Max the father. "I should know now, right? I just want to be sure."

To be honest, I don't know for sure if he would know. But intuitions have never been foreign to us, and we already know that Max has a strong connection with his son. I would like to believe that he would be able to feel it if something was wrong. But it still bugs me – if he can feel it, then why is it that, according to the kids, we all just went right on to have normal lives and Max himself had another kid but we never went after Zan? Or did we?

“If we consider the history, you probably would be able to sense if anything is wrong,” I tell my brother, trying to convince myself as well. I want to reassure by telling him not to worry, but I stop myself – of course he’s worried. Any good father should be. “But we’ll do the dreamwalk just to be doubly certain. If he’s in any distress at all, I should be able to tell.”
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

OOC: They would have stole the translation as they escaped and I agree with Nickimlow that they would have spent a couple of months trying to get the Granolith and the coordinates set right...so they would be in normal clothing to fit in with any people they might have had to deal with while on the run.

Zan

I take Lex's hand as we exit the Cave.I blink a few times as my eyes adjust to going from the dim cave to the bright desert sun light. When the others are out of ear shot I whisper to Lex, "I feel better the closer I am to Max." I say trying to explain the strange phenomenon. "It's almost like his presence helps me to filter everyone else out...Does that make any sense to you?" I ask worriedly.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Lex*

Coming out of the cave is weird, almost like being born. Here we are, in the sun, in the past, in the world. Who knows what's going to happen now?

I feel warm in an entirely different way as Zan comes beside me and takes my hand. I smile at him as he wordlessly steers me a little away from the others. "I feel better the closer I am to Max. It's almost like his presence helps me to filter everyone else out...Does that make any sense to you?" he asks.

"Not really, but it probably would if we understood more. It doesn't really matter. If it's helping you, then that's what we do. We keep you close to Max," I tell him, firmly. I have to admit it makes me a little jealous to hear it. For nearly three years, I've been the one who's helped him focus. Me and our love. Will he still love me if he doesn't need me? As soon as I think it, I shake the thought from my head. There's more between us than Zan's needs.

*Vega*

Antar. As soon as Dad says the name, I remember hearing him say it once before, a lifetime ago. He'd told me the name of the place he'd come from before he died but had been such a long time, so long in which I'd never said it out loud for fear of the guards hearing it. I'd almost forgotten it until we saw it written in the translation of the alien book. What shocks me is what he says about Zan being on Antar.

I stay silent as Dominick asks about Zan's name and Dad explains. It's his name. His alien name. Still, I feel he's leaving something out. Some other part of the story that I almost remember. Something important. The alien book talked about a group called 'the Royal Four.' That's Dad and the others, I'm sure of it. The pictures looked just like them.

"Dad?" I ask. It still feels so strange to use that word again, to see him here before me again. I can still see how he looked, bleeding and dead, as Mom tried to shield me. In moments she was gone, too. The FBI agents drugged me and dragged me away. I may have nearly forgotten the name of his world but I won't ever forget that sight. I look at Mom again, marveling at how beautiful and alive she is. I wish I could talk to her.

"When were you and Zan on Antar?" That just doesn't make sense.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"Thanks, Isabel," I say when she assures me that she'll be able to tell if Zan in distress. Either way, I know we have to find him fast. -- Unless it's all a trick. A mindwarp created to make us find Zan for Khivar. I don't think a mindwarper could have made Zan's symbol appear without knowing what it was -- but what if I'm wrong?

My thoughts are interupted by Vega's question. I look up at Zan and Lex as I answer. "No, I was never on Antar. Only Zan and his mother. She went there when she was pregnant. But it wasn't safe for him and she brought him back here."
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Liz (temp?)

I've been quiet for the most part, just trying to soak everything in. These are our children, that's a big issue to be soaking in but I think I am doing well since I haven't freaked out as of yet.

But we all have to be strong now. We have to find baby Zan. To think we just had him a week ago in our arms and one decision cost him so much. I know why Max made it though, if he would have been mine I would have made the same decision, Max did it to keep him safe. He had no way of knowing this could happen. I hope Zan doesn't blame him for it. I look back to see Zan and Lex coming down the hill behind us. I didn't notice before, I had too much on my mind, but now I see them holding hands. It makes me smile to think that Max and Michael's sons ended up getting together. I wonder if Michael has noticed yet.

And then there is Dominick, who much resembles his father in attitude, at least from what Ava told me. I wonder if she knew she was pregnant? I hope it helped her deal with her grief over losing her Zan.

And then there is Vega, me and Max's daughter. I'm glad we at least were able to have her for a short time but it kills me to know what happened to her and the others. Hopefully we can change the future.

I hear Maria yell something about she's got room for three in her car. I drove by myself so I also have room. "I also have room in my car." I tell anyone who is listening.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Shall we skip ahead to the school?

*Vega*

"I'll go with you," I volunteer as mom calls out for volunteers to ride with her. I step to the car and look over my shoulder at dad.

"I've got that car," he says, pointing to the third vehicle. "Everyone get a seat."

I'm disappointed that I can't ride with both of them, but I stick with my decision. I'll ride with mom. I slide into the passenger seat in front. I see Lex nudge Zan. "We'll ride with you, Max."

Dad turns to Aunt Isabel and asks her. "Go ahead and call Dad. Ask him to meet us at the school."

Last edited by isabelle on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

OOC: Yeah Skipping ahead to the school sounds good. I guess we should have them in a classroom?
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Sounds good to me.