Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, Adult) SPOT OPEN

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, NC-17) SPOT OPEN

Post by Athenea »

OOC: We had someone who wanted Liz but they haven't posted yet-I'll PM them again
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Zan

I stare at the picture in Max's hand for a long time- unable to believe the smiling child in the picture is me. I wonder if it is even worth saving me if it puts everyone else in danger again. "Maybe we shouldn't go after me?" I say hesitantly not knowing how well that opinion would go over. "Wouldn't it just attract them to you guys sooner if we rescue me?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC-- As near as I can tell, Michael arrived on his motorcycle, Max came with Isabel, Maria and Kyle, while Liz arrived last, traveling separately. Guess she borrowed her dad's car?

*Max*

I can't quite believe my ears when Zan suggests not saving himself. Can he really think he's not important enough? Yeah, maybe that is what he thinks. Poor kid. But it's not true.

"Of course we're saving you," I tell him earnestly. "I'm not letting anyone live in a place like that. Especially not you. All of you." I close the wallet and put it back in my pocket. I turn to my sister. "You're right. We need to get moving. If we're lucky, they don't have Zan yet. Come on. We'll sort out the details on the way to the cars."

I stoop to crawl through a pod and then out into the pod chamber. Then, passing my hand over the concealed pad in the wall, I activate the door and step out into the bright New Mexico sun to wait for the others. For a moment, I wonder how Dominick knew how to get out, but if they knew how to get into the granolith chamber, then they'd be familiar with the mechanism.

I had already been thinking about Domick's question. We had three cars and Michael's bike. It's more vehicles than usual and not good for making this place inconspicuous. I hope the FBI hasn't noticed our little 'parking lot.' Of course, even if they did, it's a mile to to the pod-chamber and they wouldn't be able to open it if they found it. But as much as having three cars out here is not smart, it turns out to be good today since we have twice our number to go back to Roswell. That'll leave three or four people per car. A little tight, but it'll get us there.

*Vega*

Dad turns to leave and I follow him immediately, anxious to get this started. I don't know exactly what I expected from all this but I'm ready to follow it where-ever it goes.

*Lex*

Vega heads off after Max but I hesitate. I want to get out of this cave too, but I wait to stay near Zan. I'll go out with him. "Let's go," I say gently.

Last edited by isabelle on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: I thought Max and Isabel arrived separately?
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Lana

The envy returns when Max takes out some photographs of Zan. I can't see the pictures, but I know Zan must be very special to him if he carries him around in his wallet. He could only have done what he did thinking he was doing him good.

I'm taken aback when Dominic puts an arm around me. Part of me feels comforted while another part just wants to push him away. One minute he's sweet and caring and the Dominic I know, the next he's a nasty power-hungry maniac who thinks we're all out to get him, and then suddenly he's back to being sweet and caring again... I just don't get it. "Don't worry, ok? I'll always be here, you know that, right?" he says. I believe him, I really do, but with everything happening right now, I can't deal with his personality shifts. Not now.

Uncle Max has already left the chamber, followed by Vega and Aunt Isabel.

"I just can't do this right now, Dom," I whisper with a sad sigh, lifting his arm off of my shoulders and stepping back. "We'll talk later."

With that, I walk out, following the others through the pod chamber and out through the door. The moment I step out, I'm forced to squint at the sudden blinding sunlight. My first taste of sunshine from the past - not that I ever got much sunshine growing up anyway. The freedom we have is still so new that even standing in the desert heat feels like such a blessing.
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

*Maria*

I give Liz one last squeeze as everyone starts to funnel out of the cave. I think she'll want to wait until later to talk about today. I steal a glace at Michael as I walk past him; he has that look on his face like when I first told him I wanted more than sex. Whatever, I can't think about that right now I'll have to wait to pry it out of him later. I walk across the sand to the Jetta and lean against it as Kyle follows behind.

"So who's coming with me? I can talk three more."

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- So Maria has the Jetta. Good. That makes three cars, I think. (plus Michael's bike?) The initial Isabel post talked of 'riding' not driving, and of not watching the road. I took her to be a passenger. Did she come with Maria?
I thought it would take a little longer to get to the cars, but I'm okay with fast-forwarding a bit. I just want Max to have a word with Isabel on the walk down. I would also LOVE to have him chat with Liz, but it appears that's not possible at the moment.
Last edited by isabelle on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Oh okay. She did mention pulling over, but that's fine, we can just assume she came with Max anyhow.

Isabel

I follow Max out of the chamber. As usual, it's hard not to marvel at how composed he manages to keep himself in spite of the situation. I can only imagine how worried he is about little Zan right now. Heck, so am I - he is, after all, my nephew. Besides, saving him could mean saving the rest of them from the future they've come to know - and in a weird way, they're all a part of us.

Some of the others still aren't out yet. For a while I stand at a distance, looking at both Max and Vega under the light. For the first time, I realise how striking the resemblance is. There's no doubt that much of Vega's physical beauty is attributed to her mother, but the way she carries herself is just so much like how Max does. There's just an air about her that's so familiar.

For ages I've wanted to be 'normal'. But I guess this is our normal. Our kids just came from the future, for crying out loud - there's really no use fighting it now, so I might as well just get used to it. I sigh as I fall into step with my brother. "I can't believe the strange situations we find ourselves in," I say with a light laugh. Then on a more serious note, I try to reassure him. "We'll find him, Max. We will."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- how are these kids from the future dressed? Will they fit in with Roswell 2002 or will someone (Isabel?) need to do some fashion adjustments?

*Max*

I'm pleased when Isabel comes to walk beside me on the trek back to the cars. I have a few things I want to say to her. There's a lot I'd like to say to Liz, too, but she's been surprisingly quiet. I wish I knew what she was thinking. I was going to ask Liz to marry me. Ask to go to college with her in Massachusetts. I love her so much. I can't really even imagine a life without her, or even a school year. I need her. Our daughter walks nearby as well. Mine and Liz's. Hard to believe. I want that so much.

But all this might be too much. Of course, she's the only one of us who'd met a visitor from the future before. Was it like this for her then? What about Ava? Can Liz contact her?

"Thanks for trying the dreamwalk," I tell my sister, although she hasn't tried it yet. "I don't expect him to be able to give you an address or anything. If you can just see through his eyes and see if he's still somewhere safe or if he's already --" I stop, not able to give voice to my worst fears. I swallow and have to try twice before the words come again. "I just want to know that we still have time. I think I would know if he was being hurt. I felt his fear when he was still on Antar, with our connection. I should know now, right? I just want to be sure."

That connection was what made me most incredulous of Tess' claim that Zan was only human -- but the blood tests had confirmed it. Obviously something changed. The teenager was described as empathic. He has powers. Maybe it just develops later. Since we were 'born' at six-years-old so it's not like we know a lot about being an infant hybrid. I'll have to check the translation of the Destiny book again.
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

OOC: well they were captors so most likely they are in rag-like cloths, right???

*Dominic*

I watch as Lana leaves, and sigh deeply, I really don't know how to act around her anymore. I don't know how to feel. She scares me a bit, to be perfectly truthful. She makes me want to be different, she makes me want to let mt guard down and let her in, she makes me want to lover her. And I can't have that. Not yet, not now. I know that she cares about me but thae fact that she can be so cold and I can still feel this way, it scares me.

I place my hands on my pockets and go outside, avioding hitting my head while doing so. The bright light blinds me, it was dark earlier but the sun is hot, It's been a while since I felt the sun and the newfound freedom feels good, the open desert before me makes me smile. I look at the rest of the group, despite myself I kinda can't wait to see Roswell, to see all the place i heard about. I look to Max again, i don't know why but something about him draws me to him, he seems to be the leader, as i should have known, but it's something else. Could it be that he looks like the man in the pictures mom use to show me? I know that MAx was Zan's dupe but thats not it, I meet his eye, "Why'd you name him Zan?" I don't know why i asked but it's bugged me ever since i MET Zan. He holds my fathers name, and I need to know why.
They were all linked. Everyone in the group. But Max was the leader, not because he was a King, or ruler in another time, it was because Max was the glue, it was unspoken but true. Max was the one that brought them all together, that KEPT them together. And Liz is what held Max together.