Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, Adult) SPOT OPEN

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, NC-17) SPOT OPEN

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm a bit surprised when Dominick suddenly gets up and leaves the cave, but then I don't know him that well. Is he usually like this? Where does he think he's going? Does he realize he's in the middle of the desert, forty miles from anywhere? Even our cars are a mile away -- that's as close as we can get on four wheels.

"Maybe you should talk to Dad alone," Isabel suggests. "The less Mom and Dad know about this, the safer they'll be. If we're really being monitored that closely, it would probably raise some suspicion if all twelve of us were to congregate at Mom and Dad's place all of a sudden, wouldn't it?"

I have to raise an eyebrow at this. Isabel was always the one who wanted to involve our parents, to tell them our secret. Now she didn't. Well, she had good reason to be cautious. "We can't just leave them here. Eventually, they're going to get hungry," I say, shaking my head. If these kids grew up in a lab, would they even know what to do in the real world? It hurts my heart to even think about it.

"Dad knows about the rest of it. He's not going to start tracking down Zan without a good reason. He'll probably want to see Zan, at least," I say, still thinking. How much do we need to tell him and what can we leave out? "But first, we better stop Dominick." Is he planning to steal one of the cars? Could he even find one? Would he know how to drive?

"I'll get him," Vega says, ducking down to crawl through a pod and out of the Granolith chamber. Even as she does so, she suddenly backs up and stands. Dominick's come back on his own.

"We need a plan. And I'm all dry here. So, I say we all throw out what we think. We're a team and right now Zan must be found," Dominick says. "So, what now?"

"We have to start with my dad," I tell him, repeating what Isabel said before. "Maybe we should have him meet us somewhere public, like the bowling alley," I suggest, thinking the Crashdown would be too obvious. Then again, if anyone freaks and starts showing powers, perhaps somewhere private would be better. But not Michael's apartment. Too obvious and also too small.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- do we have a Liz in this???
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

OOC: yes, um..its mariadac according to the first page...but Athenea said that she had to drop cause health reasons..so idk...we would have to ask Athenea..
They were all linked. Everyone in the group. But Max was the leader, not because he was a King, or ruler in another time, it was because Max was the glue, it was unspoken but true. Max was the one that brought them all together, that KEPT them together. And Liz is what held Max together.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

Max clearly disagrees with me, and he makes a good point too. What I'm afraid of is that we might be putting our parents in serious danger, more serious than previously thought. They've already told us that we'll be killed once the government finds us, and we already know that our children were taken, but what about our parents? What became of them in the future?

But despite all my concerns, my brother is right. We can't keep them in the dark about this, especially Dad. He's going to want to know. "Maybe we should have him meet us somewhere public, like the bowling alley."

I think about this. I suppose that could work. "We could split up into teams and pretend to be playing against each other," I say, just thinking aloud. "That way we can talk to Dad without giving anyone any reason to suspect us."

I wonder, if these kids have been locked away all their lives, how will they behave in public?

"Or we could try the school. When I drove past it looked like they were having some kind of big event going on. We could just blend in with the crowd and then duck into one of the empty classrooms." But even as I say this, I'm not sure I like this idea. Too many people might recognise us and end up stalling us instead. And going to school might trigger some bad feelings in our 'future kids' because we'd be showing them the life that they should have had.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Isabel suggests the school. That's not bad. Big, public, but also possibly private in the classrooms. These guys can't be used to crowds but if we get them into a classroom, we should be good. I nod, thinking it through.

"The school could work, as long as there aren't any listening devices there. You could make sure of that." If the FBI is watching, bugging the school would be obvious, unless there were just too much extra noise to hear us. Isabel is great at using her powers to affect electronics -- recreationally. Maybe any of us could but she has had more practice. She'd probably be able to make sure anything was turned off if it was there.

Through all of this, another part of my mind has never left baby Zan, where-ever he is. Is he being hurt right now? I think I would know if he were but how can I be sure? Is he still safe? Is he in a lab?

"Izzy?" I start, tentatively. "Do you think you could dreamwalk little Zan? See what kind of place he's in right now?" I reach into my back pocket and pull out my wallet, opening it to a picture of my toddler. I know it won't be comfortable for her to do it here but maybe when we get to the school...

"Wait!" Lex interupts. "You have a photo of him in your pocket?"

"Yeah. I always do," I start, before glancing at Liz. Will this hurt her? That I carry Tess' son so close? Then my eyes are drawn to the older Zan as I finish. "He's my son."

I run my fingers down the plastic covering over the two photos. One of me holding my son and the other of the little guy alone, sitting in a baby seat in our kitchen. I turn the wallet around so that those nearest to me, Zan, Lex and Vega, can see the pictures.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Vega*

He has pictures of Zan? I know we’d already established that it was true, that Zan is my brother, but each additional piece of evidence still surprises me. He says he loves Zan. It’s not that I don’t believe him, it’s just so hard to imagine. How could he have given him away? Sent him to that Hell? I know he didn’t know but he should have known. Why didn’t he make sure Zan was safe?

I look over Zan’s shoulder at the smiling child in the picture. He’s a big baby, nearly a year old. He looks happy. Content. Safe. In the other one, I can’t help but notice my Dad’s eyes. It looks like he really does love that baby but there’s something sad there, too. Is he thinking about giving Zan away?

“Wow,” I say. I glance at my brother, wondering what he’s thinking.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

I blink at my brother's request. I've never dreamwalked an infant before. Could my powers have a greater effect on the mind of a baby than on that of an adult? But any apprehension I might feel about the idea vanishes when he takes out two photos of baby Zan. There's something heartbreaking in the way he says that he's his son. Just about any risk we have to take is worth it if it means we can save my brother's child from the future these kids have just shown us.

"Well... I can't guarantee that it'll give us much information, but if you think it'll help I'll give it a try," I promise Max, sensing that he's anxious. "I'll do it later once we're settled down."

Vega seems captivated by the photograph of her half-brother. I realise that they wouldn't have any pictures from their childhood, and here they are looking at an innocent, unviolated photo of a friend and brother now so damaged by years of torture.

Max's affection for his son reminds me that I still don't know how to feel about my daughter, who has been standing in the corner all this time, silently watching on. But how does she feel about me, I wonder. It's different for Max - Zan has already been born, he's already held him and bonded with him. Ever since deciding on my divorce, I haven't even thought about getting into another relationship, let alone having children.

"We really should get moving soon," I whisper to Max, though it looks like Vega is still trying to gauge her brother's reaction to the photos.
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

*Dominic*

I watch everything unflod before me, and I know that we have a plan, not a very soild one, but a plan. I walk forwad, looking at the picture, I feel a smile form on my face, I can't imagaine Zan as a baby, and smiling like that? He seems so happy in the picture and I know now how wrong I was, Max DID love Zan, still dose. I can't help but feel bad for the guy, he tried to keep Zan save and now he finds out that he basicly sent him off to hell. I look at Isabel, I heard stories from about her but was never really sure but i see it in her eyes, the confusion, the love, the beauity, the Isabel i heard about. I agree that we should go but I'm not so sure how Zan will be around large crowds. I am use to being surounded by people, being born in NYC and raised there untill I was four, but i still felt uncomforable when in a large group.

"So, we are meeting him at a school? Who's going to go get him?" I look over at Deirdre, she's been too quiet in all this, and I don't like it, she's most likely in someones mind. The girl was always doing one of two things: talking or reading minds. I met her eyes and held her there for a while, but I looked away, turning back to Max "We have to go, so who's going in who's car? We can't all fit into one so I hope you all can fit us somewhere."

As the picture goes back away and everyone gets ready to leave I walk over to Lana, putting my arm around her when I got to her, "Hey, she'll warm up to you, I know it. Your mom never was a person that believed anything by jusst hearing it once, or so you say." I smile and kiss her head softly, "Don't worry, ok? I'll always be here, you know that, right?" I wait for her answer with a bit of fear and wonder. I knew it was hard for her to belive that but it was the most truthfull thing in the world...
Last edited by LyricsToMyLife on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They were all linked. Everyone in the group. But Max was the leader, not because he was a King, or ruler in another time, it was because Max was the glue, it was unspoken but true. Max was the one that brought them all together, that KEPT them together. And Liz is what held Max together.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: What did Dominic mean by being born and raised in NYC? He was put into the facility when he was 4, so he can't have been around people any more than the others.

Also, you might want to wait for the other characters to respond instead of 'moving' them yourself without checking with the players first. Like Deirdre looking away with an evil smile and Lana not answering. It's just that I might want my character to respond in a different way :)

Oh, and I don't think anyone's outside or even ready to leave yet right now.
Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

OOC- Sorry I haven’t posted for Michael in a while. I didn’t really know what to put so I just hope this catches him up.
~Michael~
I stand silently to the side as Maria walks away whispering I love you as she goes to Liz’s side. I don’t say it back. I want to but I don’t. I stand silently watching everyone. Hoping it’s all just one big mind warp. I have kids. I reproduce with Maria. It all just makes me itchy. The thought that my future is standing in front of me. Kids. Maria. I want to be with Maria but the thought of kids is too final. Too concrete.

My mind is racing with fear. Is this what Maria expects now? Does she expect me to marry her and have kids? My thoughts make me panic so much I don’t really listen to Max as he places his hands on Zan to confirm that it is really him. Apparently I tune out the rest of it to because the next time I focus in on the conversation I am lost. So I stand and wait for Max to start with the orders.

~Deirdre~
Max mentions something about my mother dream walking baby Zan to see if they can find a location. I sigh and roll my eyes. Idiots. I vaguely think about telling them to give me the damn picture and I’ll just see what the little brat is thinking but I decide not to. If they want to save Zan that’s their problem. I’m just here to live and I can certainly do that without Zan.
Not all who wander are lost
~Tolkien~